Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irish AI Squad

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote:
Baggy doesn't care.
Feck Baggy. He's only a ballix. :D
+1
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Using McCloskey as a battering ram is not using the best of his skills. Allow him to play his natural game: off-loading/line breaking. He is most effective when he varies his game. He has had terrible coaching for two years and used wrongly as a bludgeon.

Henshaw is a good player but better as a full back imho. Bundee is good too and they work well as a centre pairing. I would say they are solid at international level but not amazing at the same time.
It's up to him to show what he can bring. I'd be more to happy to see him deliver more than I believe he is capable of. If he does that, even in this second rate game, then he should be given another chance to show he can do it against decent opposition. Ball is in his court.
Absolutely. I don't he will be considered mich in the future barring an injury crisis. He needs some kind of involvement in case of some kind of injury crisis during the 6N.

With size of the fijian backline I'm sure one or two big lads on the Irish side will be most welcome.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

McCloskey has the best part of his offloading game coached out of him...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:McCloskey has the best part of his offloading game coached out of him...
I've noticed some evidence of a new attempt to coach it back into him this season, Cockers. A good friend of mine who has never been a McCloskey fan and knows a thing or two about good centres was actually starting to warm to McCloskey after the early games this season.

I am pretty sure the Limerick Langer is judging him on his efforts prior to this year, given a decent chance, and I don't mean this nonsense against Borneo, may yet have something different to offer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Baggy.... I too have seen some small signs that his off loading was coming back.. when he first appeared it was there and he offered both carrying ability plus the off load then it seemed to vanish .. the only assumption to me anyhow was someone saying we prefer our centre to bash and can’t be arsed with all this sonny bill stuff.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.... I too have seen some small signs that his off loading was coming back.. when he first appeared it was there and he offered both carrying ability plus the off load then it seemed to vanish .. the only assumption to me anyhow was someone saying we prefer our centre to bash and can’t be arsed with all this sonny bill stuff.
It coincided with Deysel and Coetzee getting crocked.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.... I too have seen some small signs that his off loading was coming back.. when he first appeared it was there and he offered both carrying ability plus the off load then it seemed to vanish .. the only assumption to me anyhow was someone saying we prefer our centre to bash and can’t be arsed with all this sonny bill stuff.
It coincided with Deysel and Coetzee getting crocked.
to be honest Dave I seen it change before Coetzee
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It will be interesting to see big Stu in a rush defence.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:It will be interesting to see big Stu in a rush defence.
His defence is not his strongest suit, in my opinion, though it may not be overly tested today, though I see Schmidt has selected a weak side. Hope Western Samoa knock 7 colours of shyte out of the Mexicans playing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Stu made one lovely offload to Dave K who was standing scratching himself.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Shan wrote: We are at rock bottom really in the backs. We have just two decent wingers, Earls and Stockdale. The rest are either not good enough and / or over the hill.

For the first time in a while I cannot see too many positives in Irish rugby.

Even in the backrow we have guys who are underperforming. Same in front row. We have just about a starting second row. One 9, one 10 and a weakish starting backline with FA in reserve.
Well now. Today has not changed my view that there is little there beyond our first team. At an absolute push you could argue some kind of a case for Conway and Conan. The rest of the starting team today didn't do much of positive note.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Shan wrote: We are at rock bottom really in the backs. We have just two decent wingers, Earls and Stockdale. The rest are either not good enough and / or over the hill.

Even in the backrow we have guys who are underperforming. Same in front row. We have just about a starting second row. One 9, one 10 and a weakish starting backline with FA in reserve.
Well now. Today has not changed my view that there is little there beyond our first team. At an absolute push you could argue some kind of a case for Conway and Conan. The rest of the starting team today didn't do much of positive note.
Congratulations on your earlier prescience, nicely summing up on Ireland's future, the Paddybastards.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Pienaar's fault!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Shan wrote:

Schmidt did today what we lambast kiss for, i.e. make wholesale changes against a supposedly inferior team then expect them to perform. All of those playing today (bar daverage) are decent players many of whom will have an international future. It just shows the value of training and working together over a period time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Joey Carberry needs to never be given an Ireland cap again
Nor Daverage and a few others (Murphy, Toner)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk