Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Stephen Jones team of the championship. He gets paid to write about rugby. :D
15 R Kearney (Ire) 14 S Maitland (S) 13 G Ringrose (Ire) 12 H Jones (S) 11 E Daly (E) 10 J Sexton (Ire) 9 G Davies (W) 8 T Faletau (W) 7 Y Camara (F) 6 S Negri (Ita) 5 M Itoje (E) 4 C Hill (W) 3 T Furlong (Ire) 2 G Guirado (F) 1 C Healy (Ire)
Can I appeal to the moderators to admonish our young Turnipstani friend for the above post? It may be factually correct to state that Jones thewanker gets paid to write about rugby, but the man is no journalist, just a crazed loon who is paid to be an irritant ..................... a destitute man's George Hook if you like.

A general warning should be issued that future breaches for use of his name will attract a suspension, similar to the Kunt who puts the kunt in country music, appears on Radio Ulster at 1:30 pm each weekday and whose name must never be mentioned.

Come on mods, it's only fair, think of the wee childer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone know a Lionel in need of new chariot wheels? I was out in the workshed earlier and found these beauties.
1chariot.jpg
1chariot.jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
I can knock them out at £150 a pair if your chariot is fair fu@ked and needs 4 I'll do them at a special price of £325 for 4, I know you Lionels love a bargain. >EW :D

Plenty of spare tack for your horses too, I'll give you them, keen as I can. :thumleft:

After th'ee, Swing Lo

>flatnote
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Eddie Jones said that some of the English players have played their last games for England. Their replacements are already being put through their paces.

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Michael D's thoughts - including a lovely phrase for HWM. :D
“Today's Grand Slam victory for the Irish rugby team in Twickenham, on our national day, is a fantastic achievement and source of encouragement, not only for the team and their coaches, but for all of us who enjoy and support Irish sport.

This historic achievement – winning an Caithréim Mhór – is the greatest prize in European rugby and a much-deserved accolade for this talented Irish team, which has shown exemplary determination and cohesion throughout this Six Nations campaign.

Today's performance and the tremendous team effort throughout the tournament have ensured that this superb Irish team have secured a place in sporting history and they will be remembered for generations to come.

Their example of what is possible when talent, skill, commitment and hard work combine with creativity and flair will inspire countless young people to take up sport and seek to challenge themselves.

As President of Ireland, I congratulate the team, the coaching staff and all those who have supported the players and thank them for the wonderful memory they have gifted us on what will be a Saint Patrick’s Day never to be forgotten by all those who appreciate excellence in sport and matters Irish.”
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

an Caithréim Mhór

So how do you pronounce it, Shan... or, indeed, Mike?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Awk Itojie was a bit tired yesterday apparently according to Woodward.

Anyone who claims to know anything about rugby and doesn't have Murray at 9 needs their head felt. Charlatan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I was a bit uncertain about the result yesterday until someone asked me prior to kick off of how many English players currently I would swap for our lot.
Daley was about all I could contemplate.
That made me convinced we would win
Would kind of approach the team of the tournament the same way.
How many players would be justified in picking over an Irish one?
Players up for consideration like Hugh Jones played well in a couple of matches but they put in a couple of below par performances particularly away from home.
Can't think of too many Irishmen that would have warranted less than a 6 out of 10 consistently for any game.
That's the key and that's why we are champions and that's why I wouldn't swap too many of them on a team of tournament.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

solidarity wrote:an Caithréim Mhór

So how do you pronounce it, Shan... or, indeed, Mike?
On cah-raym voor would be as close as I can manage it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:1. Healy
2. Best
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Hendo
6. O' Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Stander
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Stockdale
12. Aki
13. Chris Farrell
14. Earls
15. Minozzi
:lol: :lol:

Poor old Bobbo.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

There's always a dark lining to every silver cloud. :D
Irish rugby legend Brian O'Driscoll was celebrating for two reasons last night after the former captain won a bet placed with Paddy Power on the Irish squad to win the Grand Slam in this year's Six Nations.

BOD placed a €150 Grand Slam bet back on February 1, at odds of 7/2, meaning the 39-year-old got an impressive €525 in profit.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Hate dicks who post bets after. Wonder how many losing bets he had.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:1. Healy
2. Best
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Hendo
6. O' Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Stander
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Stockdale
12. Aki
13. Chris Farrell
14. Earls
15. Minozzi
:lol: :lol:

Poor old Bobbo.

Enjoyable even with the outrage at 13, Henshaw is a wonderful player...... even if he plays for the fûcking Mexican horde.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shortlisted for player of the championship:

Earls
Guirado
Minozzi
Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Last edited by big mervyn on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Shortlisted for player of the championship:

Earls
Guirado
Minozzi
Murphy
Sexton
Stockdale