Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Modestly entertaining, 2 tries to Terry Thomas
teddythomas.jpg
Hello hello, helllooo.
I that not this bloke?

Leslie Phillips, young Paddy, aka Jonny, McPhillips da.
:lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Murray Kinsella Retweeted FF Rugby
FFR confirms that some France players are being questioned over events in Edinburgh after the game against Scotland. They are waiting on more information. #Merde

Nothing surprises you when it comes to the French these days.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Murray Kinsella Retweeted FF Rugby
FFR confirms that some France players are being questioned over events in Edinburgh after the game against Scotland. They are waiting on more information. #Merde

Their plane is being held at airport and it is to do with fighting last night in Edinburgh
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Murray Kinsella Retweeted FF Rugby

Their plane is being held at airport and it is to do with fighting last night in Edinburgh
Saved it for after the game then, showed a lack of it during the game especially in the 2nd half!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Must have been a cracking (not craicing, nor Kracken) scrap because according to the Grauniad, all but 4 of the squad are being interviewed by the Polis wi' thur Scotch tape bonnets.

Reminds me of the time a crazed Scottish skirt wearing loon asked me, "caan ye staun pain n'that pal?" before glassing the palm of his hand, dripping blood on the carpet and suggesting I should give him money. :lol: :lol: :lol: My guys and the Northern Bank rugby team were ready to into battle when he returned with friends to offer us outside, but he fled when he took stock of the numbers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy simpler days full of craic.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Police have questioned French rugby players in connection with a report of a sexual assault.

Police Scotland said they spoke to a number of potential witnesses at Edinburgh Airport and "established that no crime has been committed".

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "Following an initial report of sexual assault in Edinburgh city centre during the early hours of Monday 12th February, police conducted various lines of inquiry, including speaking to a number of potential witnesses.

"These inquiries have established that no crime has been committed."

The police report was made following the French team's defeat by Scotland in the Six Nations on Sunday.

The plane carrying the players was grounded while police inquiries were carried out.

The official Twitter account of FFR, Rugby France, earlier tweeted: "The FFR confirms that some players are being heard by the Scottish authorities."

The chartered Jet2 flight to Paris was due to leave at around 11am but is stuck on the tarmac at Edinburgh Airport.

A spokesman for the airport said: "We have a plane that was due to leave at 11am that has not left yet."

Reports had suggested police became involved after an incident in the Tigerlily bar on Edinburgh's George Street.

Events Manager Jo McKinnell said the French players were in the bar on Sunday evening but said there were no incidents. 

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/021 ... nt-at-bar/
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So, an unfounded accusation of sexual assault apparently, well that's not something you hear every day. :shock: :shock: :shock:

#the polisdidn'tbelieveher.

Wonder will there be a few strident biddies with flegs at their next game? :roll:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So, an unfounded accusation of sexual assault apparently, well that's not something you hear every day. :shock: :shock: :shock:

#the polisdidn'tbelieveher.

Wonder will there be a few strident biddies with flegs at their next game? :roll:
Jack Hughes
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

World rugby have said TMO was wrong to disallow Gareth Anscombe'a try
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:World rugby have said TMO was wrong to disallow Gareth Anscombe'a try
As everyone barring the TMO and Half-Jap Eddie already knew, it was an outrageous decision. I wonder will the idiot TMO have TMO'd his last game? :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I see that although no crime was committed, #the polisdidnaebelieveher, Jacques Brunel has gassed 8 or 9 players, depending on which report you read.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He has kicked them out of the squad for going out of the hotel. Including Teddy apparently.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Good to see the much vaunted Ulster back line diluted over the past two years by a combination of external forces and internal mismanagement remains free for an assault on Edinburgh while Sammy Arnold and Chris Farrell are both tipped to be in the running to replace Henshaw in the Irish Team. Just about sums up Ulsters progress over the years and that's before I ask Whitten and Steenson to write a report on how Ulster Rugby spot winners.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

skiboo wrote:Good to see the much vaunted Ulster back line diluted over the past two years by a combination of external forces and internal mismanagement remains free for an assault on Edinburgh while Sammy Arnold and Chris Farrell are both tipped to be in the running to replace Henshaw in the Irish Team. Just about sums up Ulsters progress over the years and that's before I ask Whitten and Steenson to write a report on how Ulster Rugby spot winners.
Might be worth asking Tommy Seymour too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Farrell is a crap Farrell and wee Sammy is a thug, no loss. Dizzy was a make weight at Ulster, has done well at Exeter, a different life in the Boshiership coupled with him maturing as a player. Steenson, well one that got away though at the time he was no Doc Dave, we tend to forget the circumstances when a player left many moons back.

I suspect some are still wondering why we let Ali Birch & NOC go. :duh:

Those looking for 100% success in retaining the best, even if at the time we have better, is a peculiar stream of doltishness that I cannot fathom. Of course, I'm a bigger picture many myself, I leave nitpicking to lesser mortals.

One salient point arises however, it's not long since some arsefoons here were wondering which centres to "let go", now we have "the face that doesn't fit", Big Stu, No Hands Luke & occasionally Louis. Girrid gone, Wee Stu gone, Wee Sammy the dirtbeg gone. Who is coming through? Nobody of quality as far as I am aware.