Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by Shan »

ColinM wrote:Good of you to acknowledge that the Euro quarter is as far as he's going Image

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
:D :D

Cheeky.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Have we not done the "Rory not singing" stuff before? Not that it would ever stop us rehashing old conversations. He says he would get too emotional and wants to keep his head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Deraless wrote:Have we not done the "Rory not singing" stuff before? Not that it would ever stop us rehashing old conversations. He says he would get too emotional and wants to keep his head.

SuperRob can give him some tips. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:Oh and if Stockdale keeps it up he will taking Bod's try scoring record.
The comparisons at this early stage are interesting.

BOD was 33 days younger than Stockdale when he sored his 8th international try but had played 13 games.

Incidentally, the quickest to 9 and 10 trys is Geordan Murphy (12th and 13th games respectively). He didn't get his 11th until game 22.
I accept those figures are correct Merv, but as a long time hater of Geordan "aye, eh" Murphy the Englishman, I have to point out to those of lesser knowledge that Murphy was a flat track bully, was rarely selected against proper teams and never ever scored a try against England, France,South Africa or NZ.

Further, in his last 20 tests he failed to score a try and finally, of his 18 international tries, 7 in then 6Ns V Wales3/Sco2/It2 add 1 v Oz 1 v Arg and then the dross, USA 4 Fiji 2 and 1 against Jap, Rom, Sam.

A poor man's Girvan Dempsey. However his greatest crime was the stupidity of blasting the ball on the pitch at the end of the Grand Slam in 2009 into the stands. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Thick as pigshite, no wonder the Lionels love him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:
Appaz because rory doesnt sing the divisive song or masturbate furiously to the divisive fleg he should be shunned
He should sing the Irish national anthem in the next game and then sing the UK national anthem in Twickers. The across the divide outrage would be funny.

Seriously though if any tool is getting upset by the lack of singing of one of Ireland's legendary players they should, at best, get a flagpole rammed up their hole.
Fair point. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When you hear the feckers singing I wish a few more would join Rory and take a vow of silence.

Anyway, the Bogtrotters have 2 shyte anfums, not a bloodthirsty classic like Brother Frog, the funniest part of that being they are all cowardly surrender-monkeyingbastards or indeed the Italian one which is a quality wee qune, kind of a 2 part classic rather than the 2 crap non-classics of the tattiehoakers.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Deraless wrote:Have we not done the "Rory not singing" stuff before? Not that it would ever stop us rehashing old conversations. He says he would get too emotional and wants to keep his head.

SuperRob can give him some tips. :D
His tears were a calculatef PR stunt
Knew he'd be shown up on the field (when was the last time he made a last man tackle or won a high ball challenge?) And decided to get himself further in with the fans

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Jamie Heaslip has announced his retirement this morning.
While he was far from popular on this forum and would normally be despised by most of you, he was a very significant player for Ireland and the Lions in his time. Heaslip played a leading part in the Grand Slam year of 2009. Athletic is the description of him that comes to my mind.
He had a remarkably injury free career up to a year ago and seemed to hardly ever miss a match for Ireland. Thanks for the memories, Jamie.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Jamie Heaslip has announced his retirement this morning.
While he was far from popular on this forum and would normally be despised by most of you, he was a very significant player for Ireland and the Lions in his time. Heaslip played a leading part in the Grand Slam year of 2009. Athletic is the description of him that comes to my mind.
He had a remarkably injury free career up to a year ago and seemed to hardly ever miss a match for Ireland. Thanks for the memories, Jamie.
Foley and Stander are by far better players
Heaslip offered next to nothing going forward

Anyway wish him well and excited for his book at Xmas 18

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:Oh and if Stockdale keeps it up he will taking Bod's try scoring record.
The comparisons at this early stage are interesting.

BOD was 33 days younger than Stockdale when he sored his 8th international try but had played 13 games.

Incidentally, the quickest to 9 and 10 trys is Geordan Murphy (12th and 13th games respectively). He didn't get his 11th until game 22.
I accept those figures are correct Merv, but as a long time hater of Geordan "aye, eh" Murphy the Englishman, I have to point out to those of lesser knowledge that Murphy was a flat track bully, was rarely selected against proper teams and never ever scored a try against England, France,South Africa or NZ.

Further, in his last 20 tests he failed to score a try and finally, of his 18 international tries, 7 in then 6Ns V Wales3/Sco2/It2 add 1 v Oz 1 v Arg and then the dross, USA 4 Fiji 2 and 1 against Jap, Rom, Sam.

A poor man's Girvan Dempsey. However his greatest crime was the stupidity of blasting the ball on the pitch at the end of the Grand Slam in 2009 into the stands. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Thick as pigshite, no wonder the Lionels love him.
Murphy's game did not suit Ireland at the time; and Ireland's game did not suit Murphy. He rarely came inside the 15m line for Leicester, but with Ireland the ball never made it out that far, and wingers needed to come looking for it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I hope we are at least talking to him

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Heaslip was a top player. Much maligned in munster at times because he was picked ahead of one of their boys. He was instrumental in the slam and had a number of other huge games, including some where he did the hard yards and was plughing a lone furrow. I remember one game against france a few years ago where he stood up to the french pack, pretty much on his own.

I am sure i also recall reading somewhere that he had virtually no interest in rugby outside of playing.

His contributions for leinster were also immense and he deserves all the praise he gets for an excellent career.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:
Heaslip was a top player. Much maligned in munster at times because he was picked ahead of one of their boys. He was instrumental in the slam and had a number of other huge games, including some where he did the hard yards and was plughing a lone furrow. I remember one game against france a few years ago where he stood up to the french pack, pretty much on his own.

I am sure i also recall reading somewhere that he had virtually no interest in rugby outside of playing.

His contributions for leinster were also immense and he deserves all the praise he gets for an excellent career.
He never looked like a typical no8, but he delivered in spades. Great athlete and hard as nails.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:

He never looked like a typical no8, but he delivered in spades. Great athlete and hard as nails.
There is a perfectly good Leinster thread for Leinster retirees. Feck off yis gombeen men.:D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Heaslip is the joint most decorated player in Irish history

Can the group guess who is joint with him?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Heaslip is the joint most decorated player in Irish history

Can the group guess who is joint with him?

RK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?