Autumn Internationals - TV coverage?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn Internationals - TV coverage?

Post by Russ »

Aird wrote:Slightly off topic but relevant. I see from Irish Times that RTE have lost the free to air rights for the 6 Nations.
To the best of my knowledge there is no TV3 signal in Northern Ireland unless you are living close to the border and get a leaked signal.
Will the BBC be covering all Irelands matches or just those covering the Home Nations or are the Nortnern Province being forgotten once again ?
To my knowledge the BBC have retained the rights to the 6 Nations and cover all games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Aird wrote:Slightly off topic but relevant. I see from Irish Times that RTE have lost the free to air rights for the 6 Nations.
To the best of my knowledge there is no TV3 signal in Northern Ireland unless you are living close to the border and get a leaked signal.
Will the BBC be covering all Irelands matches or just those covering the Home Nations or are the Nortnern Province being forgotten once again ?
To my knowledge the BBC have retained the rights to the 6 Nations and cover all games

Am I dreaming or do they not share coverage with ITV & ITV have the Ireland games?

If I were an Ireland supporter I'd be fecking raging. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Shan wrote:
BR wrote: It's not about tech savvy. Most of us *could* receive an RTE2 signal; the question becomes - is it worth the outlay in varying ones standard tech set up in order to watch 3 matches/year?
So there is access and it is really a question of choice. No issue therefore.
Well we could all just subscribe to sky sports too. That would be the cheaper option for many. (Or go to the pub ...)

Can we go to the pub & not watch the Paddybastards? :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Am I dreaming or do they not share coverage with ITV & ITV have the Ireland games?

If I were an Ireland supporter I'd be fecking raging. Image Image Image
Aye feck forgot about that
Maybe UTV will hirr gusher

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:So anyway France drew with Japan. Jaynee O'Feck.

The Jap try to get the draw was an outrageous decision.
Japan.jpg
Japan.jpg (48.62 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
A forward at the breakdown on the French line picked the ball up behind him and dove over. The French looked at the prat reffing the game and he shrugged his shoulders, didn't check with TMO.

Game played in Racing's new indoor stadium, horrible looking place if functional.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Japan.jpg
A forward at the breakdown on the French line picked the ball up behind him and dove over. The French looked at the prat reffing the game and he shrugged his shoulders, didn't check with TMO.

Game played in Racing's new indoor stadium, horrible looking place if functional.
So like Argentina's last try, except it counted for something.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Japan.jpg

That's a PRL tactic and the ref was a PRL ref

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

No. There are no winners here. TV3 is a pile of sh1te.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
No. There are no winners here. TV3 is a pile of sh1te.
Sure you can always fly to the UK and watch it in the pub. It's just a matter of choice.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: Sure you can always fly to the UK and watch it in the pub. It's just a matter of choice.
I could indeed. I could even get the train or bus to the UK. It is good to have so many options.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote: Sure you can always fly to the UK and watch it in the pub. It's just a matter of choice.
I could indeed. I could even get the train or bus to the UK. It is good to have so many options.
You're welcome at mine. You can park the caravan outside the house and use the WiFi.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
You're welcome at mine
He's welcome at mine too, but I'll probably watch them on TV3 anyway, just to be awkward.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: He's welcome at mine too, but I'll probably watch them on TV3 anyway, just to be awkward.
One thing I am looking forward to is seeing if TV3 repeat their mistake of taking a commercial break just as the game is about to kick-off. I'd be OK with them going for a break during the anthems or the old meeting the President ballix as long as they are back in time for kick-off.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote: He's welcome at mine too, but I'll probably watch them on TV3 anyway, just to be awkward.
One thing I am looking forward to is seeing if TV3 repeat their mistake of taking a commercial break just as the game is about to kick-off. I'd be OK with them going for a break during the anthems or the old meeting the President ballix as long as they are back in time for kick-off.
And miss the anfums? Offer rescinded.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Must be a seriously long slash to miss the amfums.

I’m not that tech savvy or maybe I could give a f”ck.

Connacht clown is now in the book
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND