Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

October 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 28 users online :: 6 registered, 1 hidden and 21 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Neill_M, SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 653985
Total topics 19082
Total members 2926
Our newest member Poth Ale

Summer Tours

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 2 votes
  

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Russ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Shan wrote:I see that South Africa have given France a nice beating today. South Africa coming back or France sh1te I wonder?

Shyte as they've set their league up like the Barclays Premiership

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28138
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Summer Tours

Postby rumncoke » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 pm

There is a link on Munsterfans to a Japanese recorded broadcast of the second game
Firstly
The ref was a bit of a homer - Japanese were interfering with the recycle the whole match.
The service from the base of the ruck was slow and telegraphed with very few running on to the ball .

Secondly the Japanese back line were frequently on the margins of off side and the Irish backs were lying too flat thus the wings seldom saw the ball with everything stifled in the centre of the pitch .

Ulster performances

Jackson a busy game some nice touches and sound tackling with 100% from the tee .

Marshall, like Jackson ,busy occasional sorties beyond the gain line but the Japanese defence made linking out to the wings difficult if not dangerous to attempt. A nicely timed pass to enable a try to be scored being his best contribution

Treadwell not conspicuous but a nice assist for Rudduck's try

Stockdale ,just wasn't a game for wings, and therefore any comment would be based on approximately 5- 10
Minutes involvement with few obvious errors or great contribution- not being his fault .

Reid and Cooney, on the pitch for to short a time to be assessed ,and both to far down the pecking order at this time for it to be important .

The Japanese while not Shyte defend well ,provided a referee allows them to live beyond the margins .In attack their speed and handling can make them a dangerous opponent to treat lightly .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby bazzaj » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:I see that South Africa have given France a nice beating today. South Africa coming back or France sh1te I wonder?

Shyte as they've set their league up like the Barclays Premiership

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bang on comparison Russ.
When you think of the great French sides in the past this current crop have been bad impersonators for the last decade or so.

The club game is killing their national team.
Not sure if they can come back from that as we see with the English football stars they think more of playing for their clubs than the national side.
Sad because I think world rugby misses a strong French side with their unique blend of brilliance and brutality.

Hope that Noves is the guy to do it but not sure the club's grip cam be loosened.
At least he's getting away from their bosh obsession for the first time since they became obsessed with it post 2003.
User avatar
bazzaj
 

Re: Summer Tours

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Dave wrote:Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

God knows why Dave.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike the NZers I genuinely like the Saffers and will be hoping they snatter the Lions too. :D
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Spiffsson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:25 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

God knows why Dave.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike the NZers I genuinely like the Saffers and will be hoping they snatter the Lions too. :D


I have watched all three Bok v. France tests. While it is true that France are pretty poor, I also believe the Boks are on the up and up with several new faces. They are as tough as ever up front, but are obviously looking to develop a wide game to progress beyond their 10 man rugby tradition. It looks as though they have the speed and skill n the backs to do it too. I think they could develop into a seriously good team in the next couple of years with no or very few weaknesses.
User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1740
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Do they have a chance against the boks?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby CIMANFOREVER » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

rumncoke wrote:There is a link on Munsterfans to a Japanese recorded broadcast of the second game
Firstly
The ref was a bit of a homer - Japanese were interfering with the recycle the whole match.
The service from the base of the ruck was slow and telegraphed with very few running on to the ball .

Secondly the Japanese back line were frequently on the margins of off side and the Irish backs were lying too flat thus the wings seldom saw the ball with everything stifled in the centre of the pitch .

Ulster performances

Jackson a busy game some nice touches and sound tackling with 100% from the tee .

Marshall, like Jackson ,busy occasional sorties beyond the gain line but the Japanese defence made linking out to the wings difficult if not dangerous to attempt. A nicely timed pass to enable a try to be scored being his best contribution

Treadwell not conspicuous but a nice assist for Rudduck's try

Stockdale ,just wasn't a game for wings, and therefore any comment would be based on approximately 5- 10
Minutes involvement with few obvious errors or great contribution- not being his fault .

Reid and Cooney, on the pitch for to short a time to be assessed ,and both to far down the pecking order at this time for it to be important .

The Japanese while not Shyte defend well ,provided a referee allows them to live beyond the margins .In attack their speed and handling can make them a dangerous opponent to treat lightly .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


FULL MATCH CAN BE FOUND ON YE CHUBE

Ref Treadwell, decent showing for a 21 y.o., but Ryan, in the same position and similar age is streets ahead in terms of physicality and carrying.
Reidy's cameo was decent and try just reward.
Cooney- no idea what he gives- poor that he got 10 mins. Waste of time and nothing learnt.

Conan is a flat track bully with the lesser teams- be interesting to see how good he is against the big biys.

Porter has been given 2 caps at Tighthead- but his technique is nowhere in the same league as Kane, who's a natural tight and not converted. Porter's binding on his hooker is wrong imo, and he's still trying to find his ideal body position. very uncomfortable and too high. I think he was mad to convert at this stage- Healey will be gone in a few years.

Stockdale is the deal- little to test him this time round, but he did everything he had to well. His defence and positioning/ability to turn quickly when the balls played behind him are the work on's imo.
Jacko was Jacko. Nothing to fear from Carberry lol.
Lukey played well imo.- some deft touches and was the main carrier in the backs, as a foil for Ringpiece, who, to be fair, is another real deal.
Exterminate all rational thought
User avatar
CIMANFOREVER
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: The Dufferin

Re: Summer Tours

Postby rumncoke » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Jackson v Carberry

At the moment there is no comparison but I think those who write off Carberry have forgotten what Jackson was like at the same age .

But there is a further but Jackson was fast tracked into regular game time at out half with a first class scrum half to protect him .

Carberry at the moment is being shifted all over the park with infrequent outing at outhalf which may seriously delay his development .

The other factor is Jackson has had few injuries ( and long may it continue ) Carberry before the age of 22 has lost game time to relatively serious injuries which could affect his long term future .


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Cormac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 pm

Dave wrote:Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.


Both were 21 when they made their Ireland debuts.
User avatar
Cormac
Initiate
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Cormac wrote:
Dave wrote:Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.


Both were 21 when they made their Ireland debuts.

Don't let the facts get in the way of my story.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Russ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Cormac wrote:
Dave wrote:Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.


Both were 21 when they made their Ireland debuts.

What was good at 21
The other was Carberry

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28138
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Summer Tours

Postby rumncoke » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 am

Paddy at 21 didn't make a great success of it either but neither did he make a great hash of it .

As I have stated I think Sexton will hinder Carberry's development as an outhalf and Kearney's frequent injuries will see his selection at fullback for Leinster .

He has all the makings of a Leinster Paddy Wallace .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Summer Tours

Postby Russ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 am

rumncoke wrote:Paddy at 21 didn't make a great success of it either but neither did he make a great hash of it .

As I have stated I think Sexton will hinder Carberry's development as an outhalf and Kearney's frequent injuries will see his selection at fullback for Leinster .

He has all the makings of a Leinster Paddy Wallace .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You take that back

He's the next wee mads/fitzwank hybrid
Dung

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28138
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->