Summer Tours

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Summer Tours

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:I see that South Africa have given France a nice beating today. South Africa coming back or France sh1te I wonder?
Shyte as they've set their league up like the Barclays Premiership

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Summer Tours

Post by rumncoke »

There is a link on Munsterfans to a Japanese recorded broadcast of the second game
Firstly
The ref was a bit of a homer - Japanese were interfering with the recycle the whole match.
The service from the base of the ruck was slow and telegraphed with very few running on to the ball .

Secondly the Japanese back line were frequently on the margins of off side and the Irish backs were lying too flat thus the wings seldom saw the ball with everything stifled in the centre of the pitch .

Ulster performances

Jackson a busy game some nice touches and sound tackling with 100% from the tee .

Marshall, like Jackson ,busy occasional sorties beyond the gain line but the Japanese defence made linking out to the wings difficult if not dangerous to attempt. A nicely timed pass to enable a try to be scored being his best contribution

Treadwell not conspicuous but a nice assist for Rudduck's try

Stockdale ,just wasn't a game for wings, and therefore any comment would be based on approximately 5- 10
Minutes involvement with few obvious errors or great contribution- not being his fault .

Reid and Cooney, on the pitch for to short a time to be assessed ,and both to far down the pecking order at this time for it to be important .

The Japanese while not Shyte defend well ,provided a referee allows them to live beyond the margins .In attack their speed and handling can make them a dangerous opponent to treat lightly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:I see that South Africa have given France a nice beating today. South Africa coming back or France sh1te I wonder?
Shyte as they've set their league up like the Barclays Premiership

Bang on comparison Russ.
When you think of the great French sides in the past this current crop have been bad impersonators for the last decade or so.

The club game is killing their national team.
Not sure if they can come back from that as we see with the English football stars they think more of playing for their clubs than the national side.
Sad because I think world rugby misses a strong French side with their unique blend of brilliance and brutality.

Hope that Noves is the guy to do it but not sure the club's grip cam be loosened.
At least he's getting away from their bosh obsession for the first time since they became obsessed with it post 2003.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

God knows why Dave.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike the NZers I genuinely like the Saffers and will be hoping they snatter the Lions too. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Boks looking good though. They have the Lions in four years so they are feeling the heat.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

God knows why Dave.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unlike the NZers I genuinely like the Saffers and will be hoping they snatter the Lions too. :D
I have watched all three Bok v. France tests. While it is true that France are pretty poor, I also believe the Boks are on the up and up with several new faces. They are as tough as ever up front, but are obviously looking to develop a wide game to progress beyond their 10 man rugby tradition. It looks as though they have the speed and skill n the backs to do it too. I think they could develop into a seriously good team in the next couple of years with no or very few weaknesses.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Do they have a chance against the boks?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

rumncoke wrote:There is a link on Munsterfans to a Japanese recorded broadcast of the second game
Firstly
The ref was a bit of a homer - Japanese were interfering with the recycle the whole match.
The service from the base of the ruck was slow and telegraphed with very few running on to the ball .

Secondly the Japanese back line were frequently on the margins of off side and the Irish backs were lying too flat thus the wings seldom saw the ball with everything stifled in the centre of the pitch .

Ulster performances

Jackson a busy game some nice touches and sound tackling with 100% from the tee .

Marshall, like Jackson ,busy occasional sorties beyond the gain line but the Japanese defence made linking out to the wings difficult if not dangerous to attempt. A nicely timed pass to enable a try to be scored being his best contribution

Treadwell not conspicuous but a nice assist for Rudduck's try

Stockdale ,just wasn't a game for wings, and therefore any comment would be based on approximately 5- 10
Minutes involvement with few obvious errors or great contribution- not being his fault .

Reid and Cooney, on the pitch for to short a time to be assessed ,and both to far down the pecking order at this time for it to be important .

The Japanese while not Shyte defend well ,provided a referee allows them to live beyond the margins .In attack their speed and handling can make them a dangerous opponent to treat lightly .

FULL MATCH CAN BE FOUND ON YE CHUBE

Ref Treadwell, decent showing for a 21 y.o., but Ryan, in the same position and similar age is streets ahead in terms of physicality and carrying.
Reidy's cameo was decent and try just reward.
Cooney- no idea what he gives- poor that he got 10 mins. Waste of time and nothing learnt.

Conan is a flat track bully with the lesser teams- be interesting to see how good he is against the big biys.

Porter has been given 2 caps at Tighthead- but his technique is nowhere in the same league as Kane, who's a natural tight and not converted. Porter's binding on his hooker is wrong imo, and he's still trying to find his ideal body position. very uncomfortable and too high. I think he was mad to convert at this stage- Healey will be gone in a few years.

Stockdale is the deal- little to test him this time round, but he did everything he had to well. His defence and positioning/ability to turn quickly when the balls played behind him are the work on's imo.
Jacko was Jacko. Nothing to fear from Carberry lol.
Lukey played well imo.- some deft touches and was the main carrier in the backs, as a foil for Ringpiece, who, to be fair, is another real deal.
Exterminate all rational thought
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Jackson v Carberry

At the moment there is no comparison but I think those who write off Carberry have forgotten what Jackson was like at the same age .

But there is a further but Jackson was fast tracked into regular game time at out half with a first class scrum half to protect him .

Carberry at the moment is being shifted all over the park with infrequent outing at outhalf which may seriously delay his development .

The other factor is Jackson has had few injuries ( and long may it continue ) Carberry before the age of 22 has lost game time to relatively serious injuries which could affect his long term future .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Dave wrote:Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.
Both were 21 when they made their Ireland debuts.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cormac wrote:
Dave wrote:Lord Carberry is barely pro 12 standard. PJ didn't get a sniff of Ireland at that age. Lord Carberry was born into it.
Don't let the facts get in the way of my story.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cormac wrote:
What was good at 21
The other was Carberry

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Paddy at 21 didn't make a great success of it either but neither did he make a great hash of it .

As I have stated I think Sexton will hinder Carberry's development as an outhalf and Kearney's frequent injuries will see his selection at fullback for Leinster .

He has all the makings of a Leinster Paddy Wallace .

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Paddy at 21 didn't make a great success of it either but neither did he make a great hash of it .

As I have stated I think Sexton will hinder Carberry's development as an outhalf and Kearney's frequent injuries will see his selection at fullback for Leinster .

He has all the makings of a Leinster Paddy Wallace .

You take that back

He's the next wee mads/fitzwank hybrid
Dung