Weemen's Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Wait, so lets get this right, The women world cup in Ulster this year, Ulster have no chairman, no committee, no senior management. sums a lot up in how the powers to be view women's rugby.
IRFU have released a replica shirt for this world cup. Cant see a mens version available currently

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's sexist, phone the solicitors immediately
Need to allow for bigger diddies in the larger men's sizes.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Friends flying in from the US to watch it.... my job as a tour guide showing them around.. It seems to sparks interest everywhere but here.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

LadyP wrote:Does anyone know ow the ticket sales are going in Belfast ? I don not know much about rugby to be very honest, but why has Ireland not released their World Cup Squad, reading other websites all the other teams have, I would have thought that the coach would have known his team a while ago.
Squad announced yesterday. Can be seen on www.irishrugby.ie

Tkts for finals day at the Hill still available - standing only.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

The coach has set himself up in my humble opinion.

"At the end of the day the IRFU given everything for this tournament, we are the best prepared team heading into a World Cup in our history "

Anything less than a semi is a failure surely.

I see one of the players has never played a game at 15s in her life, but I suppose Nucifora can now say the 7s programme is producing international 15s players so therefore justifying the millions wasted .
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LadyP wrote:The coach has set himself up in my humble opinion.

"At the end of the day the IRFU given everything for this tournament, we are the best prepared team heading into a World Cup in our history "

Anything less than a semi is a failure surely.

I see one of the players has never played a game at 15s in her life, but I suppose Nucifora can now say the 7s programme is producing international 15s players so therefore justifying the millions wasted .
Had a look at the squad and it certainly is a very strange one
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Semi Finals a fair enough target for Ireland. England and New Zealand favourites to win the other groups, probably with Canada through as the lucky loser.

The big game for Ireland is v France, winner could well top the group. Ireland achieved a narrow 13-10 win in Dublin in this year's 6N over the French.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Neill_M wrote:Semi Finals a fair enough target for Ireland. England and New Zealand favourites to win the other groups, probably with Canada through as the lucky loser.

The big game for Ireland is v France, winner could well top the group. Ireland achieved a narrow 13-10 win in Dublin in this year's 6N over the French.
Are Ireland good enough to beat France in a World Cup game having played two previous games in 4 days, I doubt it, and I have a hunch that they will be shy a few of their best players having lost them to injury. The amount of players coming in to a World Cup with zero minutes in the past 8 -9 games will really test them.

But they are the best prepared team ever , so it should be a walk in the park.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LadyP wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Semi Finals a fair enough target for Ireland. England and New Zealand favourites to win the other groups, probably with Canada through as the lucky loser.

Are Ireland good enough to beat France in a World Cup game having played two previous games in 4 days, I doubt it, and I have a hunch that they will be shy a few of their best players having lost them to injury. The amount of players coming in to a World Cup with zero minutes in the past 8 -9 games will really test them.

But they are the best prepared team ever , so it should be a walk in the park.
Best prepared for what ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wheels falling off before they even get started
The Ireland Women's Management team can confirm that Niamh Briggs has been ruled out of the Women's Rugby World Cup through injury.
The experienced full-back had successfully recovered from the hamstring injury that had ruled her out of the Six Nations but suffered an injury to her Achilles in training.

Ireland Women's Head Coach Tom Tierney said;

"Both the players and management are really disappointed for Niamh as everyone has seen the incredible work and effort she's put in over the last number of months in an attempt to get herself right for this tournament.

For her to have recovered well from her hamstring injury and then suffer a new injury is really unfortunate for her, as everyone knows how much she was looking forward to leading the team in the World Cup."

Louise Galvin has been called into the squad as replacement for Niamh, and a new Ireland Captain to lead the team during the Women's Rugby World Cup campaign will be confirmed by the Ireland Women's Management team in the coming days.
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:Wheels falling off before they even get started
The Ireland Women's Management team can confirm that Niamh Briggs has been ruled out of the Women's Rugby World Cup through injury.
The experienced full-back had successfully recovered from the hamstring injury that had ruled her out of the Six Nations but suffered an injury to her Achilles in training.

Ireland Women's Head Coach Tom Tierney said;

"Both the players and management are really disappointed for Niamh as everyone has seen the incredible work and effort she's put in over the last number of months in an attempt to get herself right for this tournament.

For her to have recovered well from her hamstring injury and then suffer a new injury is really unfortunate for her, as everyone knows how much she was looking forward to leading the team in the World Cup."

Louise Galvin has been called into the squad as replacement for Niamh, and a new Ireland Captain to lead the team during the Women's Rugby World Cup campaign will be confirmed by the Ireland Women's Management team in the coming days.
apparently hadn't moved out of first gear or touched a rugby ball in earnest for the best part of last year plus...
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Louise Galvin, another player who has never played 15s I believe, clearly the pathway forward is not to,play club or provincial rugby ,did anyone hear how the friendly against Spain went at the weekend ? I assume they won that game, no way would they lose.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

LadyP wrote:Louise Galvin, another player who has never played 15s I believe, clearly the pathway forward is not to,play club or provincial rugby ,did anyone hear how the friendly against Spain went at the weekend ? I assume they won that game, no way would they lose.
They lost.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Hard to find the result anywhere.. did they bury it.

btw I wonder if UR replaced the person they selected as Chair of the Woman's game here... heard he was a great find a man that knew the game inside out and that UR overlooked many less qualified persons for the job.

I used to think the old ways had gone but I am glad to hear that UR still apply the old school principles when it comes to employment... I was with a chap recently who was telling me he was losing one job at UR due to funding cuts from DCAL and was going to come back in a completely different role in two months when another funded job was becoming available... I then seen the new job advertised and months later I asked did he get it and of course he said he had.. turns out he didn't even sit an interview which must have been annoying for those others that applied..
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: I used to think the old ways had gone but I am glad to hear that UR still apply the old school principles when it comes to employment... I was with a chap recently who was telling me he was losing one job at UR due to funding cuts from DCAL and was going to come back in a completely different role in two months when another funded job was becoming available... I then seen the new job advertised and months later I asked did he get it and of course he said he had.. turns out he didn't even sit an interview which must have been annoying for those others that applied..
Surely, that's illegal in NI?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Heard SBW changed his gender to use the ladies AB warm up games as meaningful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk