Weemen's Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:forward pass for that try! :roll:

Commentators saying "we'll assume that it wasn't forward" ...... which means it was.
Stop yer whinging. England in a different league. They should have won handily and have done so. Irish women have done well in the championship but they are way off the standard of this England team. No shame in that of course.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:forward pass for that try! :roll:

Commentators saying "we'll assume that it wasn't forward" ...... which means it was.
Stop yer whinging. England in a different league. They should have won handily and have done so. Irish women have done well in the championship but they are way off the standard of this England team. No shame in that of course.
Still not found your way up that yard yet, ya West Englander, ya? :lol:

No question that they deserved to win and Ireland were plucky losers - just pointing out that some of the decisions haven't gone the way they SHOULD have.

At least three of their tries could have been disallowed for various reasons and with a pro ref probably would have been.

This tournament is also about bringing on (weemen) refs too though and rightly so.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Clearly England were the better side by some way but, having listened closely to the commentators, I still haven't worked out who they were playing. . :roll:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Absolutely Grumps. Of course I was slagging but I do prefer to try to focus on the positive elements. England is pushing the standard of women's rugby up and ultimately that can only be good for the game.....provided the rest work hard to follow them.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Grumps, today, ooops, insomnia again, yesterday I had plans but a whacking great migraine on Thursday set those aside so, up at about 6 with my head banging I watched Crusaders v Blues, Rebels v Chiefs and then took a break before settling down again to the 2nd oldest rugby trophy in the world, then the U20s & then the weemen.

I can tell you that laws ......... well how they are applied is rarely if ever remotely the same in any given match on the same day.

Much as I hate the FIRFU, both the U20s in particular & the ladies to a lesser extent lost their game as much as anything by some wee pathetic French tosser who should have been wearing an L plate, and the weemen who had some bloody European. It's a stretch to think the women lost because of the ref, but very clearly the men did, blatant red card before halftime and outright refusal to go to the TMO when a maul rocketed to ground over the Jeremy's line.

In the Schools Cup the ref allowed young O'Donnell to play a loose ball on the ground & actually penalised the MCB lad attempting to gather the ball.

Of course, it is always foolish to expect consistency, you just have to hope that any given ref's errors roughly balance during a game so no side is disadvantaged, of course it's when the big blunder comes that that doesn't happen. Or when Barnes refs Ireland. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Neill_M wrote:Finals Day for WRWC at Ravers in August. £15 for 3 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're making people pay to watch? Image Image
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

no
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Will the pitch hold up to 3 games?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

yes
I'm not arguing -
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:yes
You seem very sure.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
You seem very sure.
If the groundsmen can't get a pitch to survive 3 matches in August it's time they were sacked
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Rooster wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
You seem very sure.
If the groundsmen can't get a pitch to survive 3 matches in August it's time they were sacked
Your honour, if i may , I submit exhibit A to support their inability .

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/112 ... es-ulster/
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Genuine question ..... Are the laws different in weemen's rugby?

As in is obstruction allowed?

Can you come into a ruck from the side ?

Does truck and trailer not exist (ie is it ok to just hold on with finger tips to the shorts of one of the two weemen bulldozing through the opposition with no other contact?

Or does those only apply to English weemen?
All of the above happens at the male game if the referee allows it, good to see women playing rugby being discussed , have many of you bought tickets.

Grumpy , it may surprise you to know that the England women have been professional for some years now, just they had full time rugby affiliated jobs ( for example community rugby officers or ambassadors) giving them the time and money to train, but they just were not so open and honest, (must be an English thing)

Men's rugby is declining in numbers, women's is increasing , clubs should embrace this and integrate them into the clubs, not a thing on the side.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

solidarity wrote:Clearly England were the better side by some way but, having listened closely to the commentators, I still haven't worked out who they were playing. . :roll:
Let's see how Canada and New Zealand do in this World Cup with a fraction of the budget, Canada women and. USA have set up a giving page to raise money to help with their costs, remember last WRWC the Canadians pushed England with a team that was made up of players who paid to play, think if they had their best players there?

Guys, the money helps, but if you have the right structures, the right people from the bottom up, you can be the best, money is the icing on the cake and makes it a bit easier.

I predict this Ireland team to finish 4th maybe 5th, but I will still go and support them.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LadyP wrote:Grumpy , it may surprise you to know that the England women have been professional for some years now,
Cap'n Grumpy to you, LadyP >EW

Not sure why you picked me out to possibly be surprised, but just reassure you, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest - it has been common knowledge for quite a while ......and I'm as common as the next person so have that knowledge.

If you also have that knowledge, perhaps you're more common than your name suggests though? :duck:
I'm not arguing -