Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

October 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 26 users online :: 8 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, austintranslation, Bing [Bot], Flipper, Google [Bot], mid ulster maestro, pwrmoore, SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 653985
Total topics 19082
Total members 2926
Our newest member Poth Ale

U20 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Bugger up the restart and now defending their line.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Great finish, excellent continuity into the 82nd minute but held up over the line, lose 10-14. 3-14 down at half time & against the wind & rain, great second half by Ireland but not quite there at the end.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 pm

How did Stewart get on?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby solidarity » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Well done the young lads. If only the wee mistakes could be cut out. How often have we said that but very fair play to the young fellas. What about the girls now Go girls!
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1337
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Sadly the weemin got chinned in the end though for most of the match it was tight, they missed a pile of chances. I understand that the Samanthas are now all professional. The Irish weemen just weren't controlled when it matter, like watching Ulster in many ways on "one of those nights".

So GS to Jeremy Jnr & Samantha, worrying trend.

As for young Stewart, Dave, he was ok, played fine but nothing outstanding or disastrous to report.

Watched young O'Donnell this afternoon, my first look at him, he looks a player, possibly not his best day but he's smart and he is a danger anywhere near the line.

Hopefully Ulster will sign both to the academy, seldom has a 9 been more vital.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Sadly the weemin got chinned in the end though for most of the match it was tight, they missed a pile of chances. I understand that the Samanthas are now all professional. The Irish weemen just weren't controlled when it matter, like watching Ulster in many ways on "one of those nights".

So GS to Jeremy Jnr & Samantha, worrying trend.

As for young Stewart, Dave, he was ok, played fine but nothing outstanding or disastrous to report.

Watched young O'Donnell this afternoon, my first look at him, he looks a player, possibly not his best day but he's smart and he is a danger anywhere near the line.

Hopefully Ulster will sign both to the academy, seldom has a 9 been more vital.

Not being a disaster is quite an achievement for a home grown nine.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Aird » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Can understand Rte2 being prevented from showing Senior 6N on transmissions to N.ireland when in direct competition with ITV and BBC but not necessarily liking my options being dictated by them.
However when neither are broadcasting the Ireland U 20 games it does seem to become a petty decision to treat the U20 in a similar manner. I noted that the Welsh games were covered on Uk Terrestial Tv so why could not either BBC NI or UTV take a feed from RTE. Sky covered English U 20 games so U20 games must have been available outside the main contract.

These games used to be available in N.Ireland so one can only conclude that this was at the behest of ITV.
Perhaps if they upped there standard of broadcast coverage of the 6N then they would have nothing to fear from competition.
User avatar
Aird
Initiate
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Tighty » Wed May 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Ireland U-20 Squad (World Rugby U20 Championship 2017)

// Forwards
Paul Boyle (Lansdowne FC/Leinster) Captain
Charlie Connolly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
Joey Conway (UL Bohemians RFC/Munster)
Gavin Coombes (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
]Peter Cooper (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
Caelan Doris (St. Mary's College RFC/Leinster)
Oisin Dowling (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Jordan Duggan (Naas RFC/Leinster)*
John Foley (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Ronan Kelleher (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Sean Masterson (Corinthians RFC/Connacht)
Tadgh McElroy (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Greg McGrath (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Marcus Rea (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Jack Regan (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Fineen Wycherley (Young Munster RFC/Munster)

// Backs
Angus Curtis (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)*
Conor Dean (UCD RFC/Leinster)*
Ciaran Frawley (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Colm Hogan (Dublin University FC/Munster)
Jack Kelly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
David McCarthy (Garryowen FC/Munster)*
Gavin Mullin (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Calvin Nash (Young Munster/Munster)
Jack Stafford (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Jonathon Stewart (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Michael Silvester (Dublin University FC/Leinster)*
Alan Tynan (Young Munster/Munster)*

Unavailable due to injury
Cillian Gallagher
Bill Johnston
Jordan Larmour
Johnny McPhillips
Tommy O'Brien

out of a squad of 28 , there are only 3 players who have come thru' 'the Ulster system''...Not good !!!
User avatar
Tighty
Initiate
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Dave » Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 pm

We've let too many go.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17927
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby rocky » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Tighty wrote:Ireland U-20 Squad (World Rugby U20 Championship 2017)

// Forwards
Paul Boyle (Lansdowne FC/Leinster) Captain
Charlie Connolly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
Joey Conway (UL Bohemians RFC/Munster)
Gavin Coombes (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
]Peter Cooper (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
Caelan Doris (St. Mary's College RFC/Leinster)
Oisin Dowling (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Jordan Duggan (Naas RFC/Leinster)*
John Foley (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Ronan Kelleher (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Sean Masterson (Corinthians RFC/Connacht)
Tadgh McElroy (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Greg McGrath (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Marcus Rea (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Jack Regan (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Fineen Wycherley (Young Munster RFC/Munster)

// Backs
Angus Curtis (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)*
Conor Dean (UCD RFC/Leinster)*
Ciaran Frawley (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Colm Hogan (Dublin University FC/Munster)
Jack Kelly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
David McCarthy (Garryowen FC/Munster)*
Gavin Mullin (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Calvin Nash (Young Munster/Munster)
Jack Stafford (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Jonathon Stewart (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Michael Silvester (Dublin University FC/Leinster)*
Alan Tynan (Young Munster/Munster)*

Unavailable due to injury
Cillian Gallagher
Bill Johnston
Jordan Larmour
Johnny McPhillips
Tommy O'Brien

out of a squad of 28 , there are only 3 players who have come thru' 'the Ulster system''...Not good !!!

Four actually, you forgot Angus Curtis who is just into the Ulster system, whatever that is. Also McPhillips would surely have been there if he had been fit.
It didn't take too long for me to reconcile my republican heritage with the diverse political and religious backgrounds of my teammates. There was no border in the Irish dressing room.
Moss Keane
User avatar
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am
Location: Dundonald

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby Tighty » Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 pm

rocky wrote:
Tighty wrote:Ireland U-20 Squad (World Rugby U20 Championship 2017)

// Forwards
Paul Boyle (Lansdowne FC/Leinster) Captain
Charlie Connolly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
Joey Conway (UL Bohemians RFC/Munster)
Gavin Coombes (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
]Peter Cooper (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
Caelan Doris (St. Mary's College RFC/Leinster)
Oisin Dowling (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Jordan Duggan (Naas RFC/Leinster)*
John Foley (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Ronan Kelleher (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Sean Masterson (Corinthians RFC/Connacht)
Tadgh McElroy (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Greg McGrath (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
Marcus Rea (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Jack Regan (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Fineen Wycherley (Young Munster RFC/Munster)

// Backs
Angus Curtis (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)*
Conor Dean (UCD RFC/Leinster)*
Ciaran Frawley (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Colm Hogan (Dublin University FC/Munster)
Jack Kelly (Dublin University FC/Leinster)
David McCarthy (Garryowen FC/Munster)*
Gavin Mullin (UCD RFC/Leinster)
Calvin Nash (Young Munster/Munster)
Jack Stafford (Shannon RFC/Munster)
Jonathon Stewart (Queen's University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
Michael Silvester (Dublin University FC/Leinster)*
Alan Tynan (Young Munster/Munster)*

Unavailable due to injury
Cillian Gallagher
Bill Johnston
Jordan Larmour
Johnny McPhillips
Tommy O'Brien

out of a squad of 28 , there are only 3 players who have come thru' 'the Ulster system''...Not good !!!

Four actually, you forgot Angus Curtis who is just into the Ulster system, whatever that is. Also McPhillips would surely have been there if he had been fit.


Greetings Rocky, good season for the Binmen; pity they didnt get into 1B

I was aware of Curtis' selection and McPhillips' non selection due to injury. However it would be my understanding that neither
player gained their primary rugby education in an Ulster school or club and that their involvement in the Ulster rugby 'system' is of a relatively recent origin. ( I am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong in this regard ).

In fact I have just noticed that the IRFU may have overlooked that Robert Lyttle was also not considered for selection due to his shoulder injury.
User avatar
Tighty
Initiate
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Postby rocky » Tue May 23, 2017 10:34 pm

True enough, Tighty, they are recent arrivals to these shores.
Next year will be better, I'm led to believe.
It didn't take too long for me to reconcile my republican heritage with the diverse political and religious backgrounds of my teammates. There was no border in the Irish dressing room.
Moss Keane
User avatar
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am
Location: Dundonald

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->