Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Residency Rules 3 or 5 Yrs

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote: But its an awful lot harder getting them 2-3 years earlier when at that stage these players would still have international aspirations in their own country....
France's Academy in the PI
England's offer of paid for education

Ireland can't compete on 5 years
Correct Russ.
The project scheme has been our way of competing with the others.
Yip and now england and france have their systems in place they're willing to support SANZAR

Make no mistake about this, only England and France win here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Perfidious Albion and the surrender monkeys. Not to be trusted.

I think you two may find all this was laid out in simple terms at 4.29 this afternoon. :roll:

Ruckie, your post was irritatingly parsimonious. Why would any sentient being in the NH outside of France & England support a move to 5 years?
Exactly the Italians need their Saffers/Kiwis etcImage

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I think you two may find all this was laid out in simple terms at 4.29 this afternoon. :roll:

Ruckie, your post was irritatingly parsimonious. Why would any sentient being in the NH outside of France & England support a move to 5 years?
Are we not permitted to discuss further after your proclamation :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Without prejudging Ruckie's rationale, I suggest some deluded fools would favour 5 years as it would lead to ethnically pure international teams, unsullied by any hint of a Johnny come lately. In much the same way, we have in the past had some posters calling for an Ulster team made up exclusively of indigenous Ulstermen. This may or may not be Ruckie's thinking, but it's weapons grade crapola in my view.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

5 years isn't really a project. After 5 years living here you would be eligible to apply for citizenship anyway. 3 years just fast tracks the process for sporting reasons. It is likely anyway, once IQ, that a player would stick around and become a citizen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:I view the Ireland team as being a team representing Ireland. Not specifically a team of Irishmen. If a guy commits to Ireland and lives here for three years, I thinks it's reasonable to permit a guy to represent his chosen country of residence. More so than a Michael Bent with an Irish granny who is handed a green shirt in the taxi from the airport.
I'm more or less in agreement with the noble Snipe. We have had our share of guys in the past who got caps because of some tenuous blood connection to Ireland but I'd much rather some fecker who actually wants to move to live here and contribute to our society playing for Ireland.

Though Bent is still here of course. Not sure what he is actually contributing though. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Are we not permitted to discuss further after your proclamation :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Without prejudging Ruckie's rationale, I suggest some deluded fools would favour 5 years as it would lead to ethnically pure international teams, unsullied by any hint of a Johnny come lately. In much the same way, we have in the past had some posters calling for an Ulster team made up exclusively of indigenous Ulstermen. This may or may not be Ruckie's thinking, but it's weapons grade crapola in my view.
Discussion is one thing, simple parroting a breach of copyright. >EW :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I expect a bit of sense from you, but Russ having the correct answer was something of a refreshing change.

As for the deluded fools, an ethnically pure team, how would that look:

France - a team of thick moustache wearers reeking of garlic & a string of onions around the neck, not a coloured chap in sight.
NZ - the Maori team
Oz Abbos
SA Zulus & sundy other tribes, not a Dutchman or Brit in sight
England 15 jolly good chaps, blue eyes, blond hair, in another life they could be Nazis, each being followed by a flunky in morning attire, shouting jolly good sir, bash that Paddy sir & such like.

No need to labour the point further I suspect.

A tip for the innocent, when you see something curious but can't get your head round it immediately, consider this, who will benefit? You will usually conclude, the big nations.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Discussion is one thing, simple parroting a breach of copyright. >EW :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway I expect a bit of sense from you, but Russ having the correct answer was something of a refreshing change.

As for the deluded fools, an ethnically pure team, how would that look:

France - a team of thick moustache wearers reeking of garlic & a string of onions around the neck, not a coloured chap in sight.
NZ - the Maori team
Oz Abbos
SA Zulus & sundy other tribes, not a Dutchman or Brit in sight
England 15 jolly good chaps, blue eyes, blond hair, in another life they could be Nazis, each being followed by a flunky in morning attire, shouting jolly good sir, bash that Paddy sir & such like.

No need to labour the point further I suspect.

A tip for the innocent, when you see something curious but can't get your head round it immediately, consider this, who will benefit? You will usually conclude, the big nations.
Yea, me parroting you happens a lot, ye heathen ballix :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

A move to five years is nonsensical and I can't see how, for fans at least, it is really any different to three years unless it is based on xenophobia. The discomfort of someone potentially only being in a given country to play the sport and to collect the wage packet is just as strongly there after five years as it is three. Really, two more years in a country is hardly enough to redefine the commitment of Player A to Country 1... Either, the law should be in absolutes (i.e. a person should be a passport holder or naturalised citizen), or the law shouldn't change at all. The halfway house of five years is an arbitrary shift that panders to xenophobia and images of nationalism that I'm not sure belong in sport, even at the international level.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Passports are controlled by governments, they are meaningless (see Zola Budd).

I think the 3year qualification is fine. It cleared up a lot of ambiguity in the old system. I would be more keen to change the rules on 'A' team, 7s, tours, etc. And get some more clarity there.

A change to 5 years wouldn't be the end of the world, but they would need to introduce it in a tapered fashion.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I think I read somewhere a while ago that Scotland have a bit of a track record of offering scholarships at good schools to aspiring SA, Aussie and NZ lads who look like they might have serious rugby potential. Does this ring true to anybody?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I see Wales have fallen into line

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:Passports are controlled by governments, they are meaningless (see Zola Budd).
If somebody is from outside Ireland and is claiming they are Irish by parentage I think they may need a passport to prove the claims. Although that is not related to residency rules of course.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote:Passports are controlled by governments, they are meaningless (see Zola Budd).
If somebody is from outside Ireland and is claiming they are Irish by parentage I think they may need a passport to prove the claims. Although that is not related to residency rules of course.
That may well be the case, but has no bearing on residency. Stander and Payne will have RSA and NZ passports respectively.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: That may well be the case, but has no bearing on residency. Stander and Payne will have RSA and NZ passports respectively.
You falling asleep halfway through reading my posts again Snipe. Feck sake I have shortened them for yer benefit and now I'll have to do it again. I'll be left with one word posts soon.

>TM >TLGH
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: That may well be the case, but has no bearing on residency. Stander and Payne will have RSA and NZ passports respectively.
You falling asleep halfway through reading my posts again Snipe. Feck sake I have shortened them for yer benefit and now I'll have to do it again. I'll be left with one word posts soon.

>TM >TLGH
:lol: :lol: watching Liverpool getting bounced by Southampton. In my head I had included "as you say", but clearly was too bored to bother. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: :lol: :lol: watching Liverpool getting bounced by Southampton. In my head I had included "as you say", but clearly was too bored to bother. :D
Ha. Nice one Snipe. I see the Tipp man Shane Long scored the winner. Strangely there are plenty in Tipp who follow association football. You'd think it was all GAA, farming and bestiality with that lot.