Residency Rules 3 or 5 Yrs

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Residency Rules 3 or 5 Yrs

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote:Passports are controlled by governments, they are meaningless (see Zola Budd).
If somebody is from outside Ireland and is claiming they are Irish by parentage I think they may need a passport to prove the claims. Although that is not related to residency rules of course.
If you mean they are claiming to be Irish Eligible (as per IRB) then their claim on an Irish passport is not relevant. They need to prove their ancestors place of birth.

The fact that in the majority of cases being IRB eligible would also deem them eligible for a RoI passport is purely a happy coincidence.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:
If you mean they are claiming to be Irish Eligible (as per IRB) then their claim on an Irish passport is not relevant. They need to prove their ancestors place of birth.

The fact that in the majority of cases being IRB eligible would also deem them eligible for a RoI passport is purely a happy coincidence.
I knew the Irish republican brotherhood would be playing a fecking hand here.

Apart from that, thanks BR - I've been helped.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

My boy is now seven. Has been playing rugby for 3 years and is on track to be 2m tall when grown. Holds an NZ passport.

I left Belfast in 1989; so if in 15 years he's still playing, and he's any good, should he qualify for Ulster on some tenuous blood connection or have to wait another 5 years for residency?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kUD wrote:My boy is now seven. Has been playing rugby for 3 years and is on track to be 2m tall when grown. Holds an NZ passport.

I left Belfast in 1989; so if in 15 years he's still playing, and he's any good, should he qualify for Ulster on some tenuous blood connection or have to wait another 5 years for residency?

Well assuming you are from here, he's qualified on your passport immediately without any residency.
Don't know if I'd call that tenuous. Depends how he identifies himself. If he regards himself as ethnically Irish then he's Irish. Angus Curtis is joining us having declared that he wanted to play for Ireland but was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa. Hard to argue with that.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

kUD wrote:My boy is now seven. Has been playing rugby for 3 years and is on track to be 2m tall when grown. Holds an NZ passport.

If he's any good why would he want to play for Ulster? >EW
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Did you have the foresight to name him Dave?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:

If he's any good why would he want to play for Ulster? >EW
Out of the mouths of babes and gobshites .....................eh? :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.