England - Grand Slam winners 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

England - Grand Slam winners 2017

Post by Shan »

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: England - Grand Slam winners 2017

Post by Dave »

This is down to the t-shirt manufacturer. Different to the time where the official kit sponsor produced an ad and involved several of the players.

Feck the English anyway.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Christ, I come in from my tour of Parisian cathedrals for a wee rest before heading out again & find this muck. I suppose Shan as an Anglophile you've already ordered it and will wear it with pride ................ ya feckin shitstirrin' Langer. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I have my shirt ready. Will put it on about 7pm next Saturday. So glad now it was not a waste of money.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Shame Ireland's arses were handed to them on a plate as next week would have been some game if it had been to decide the championship. Still plenty for England to play for and Ireland are good at building for these big one-off games. I would have fancied Ireland pre-Wales but they took a hell of a battering and the ENglish will be able to bring 80 minutes of physicality of their own. Should be an absolute cracker.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:I have my shirt ready. Will put it on about 7pm next Saturday. So glad now it was not a waste of money.
Good on you, I hope they get a draw next week, then you go out in Limerick next Saturday night & get your two balls kicked up & down O'Connell Street...........or has it been changed yet to Paul O'Connell Street?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote:Shame Ireland's arses were handed to them on a plate as next week would have been some game if it had been to decide the championship. Still plenty for England to play for and Ireland are good at building for these big one-off games. I would have fancied Ireland pre-Wales but they took a hell of a battering and the ENglish will be able to bring 80 minutes of physicality of their own. Should be an absolute cracker.
Doubt it. We will have the same team again, unless injuries dictate otherwise. Likely to be taken to the cleaners.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Shan wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Shame Ireland's arses were handed to them on a plate as next week would have been some game if it had been to decide the championship. Still plenty for England to play for and Ireland are good at building for these big one-off games. I would have fancied Ireland pre-Wales but they took a hell of a battering and the ENglish will be able to bring 80 minutes of physicality of their own. Should be an absolute cracker.
Doubt it. We will have the same team again, unless injuries dictate otherwise. Likely to be taken to the cleaners.
Fans over-react. Ireland weren't that bad against a fired-up Wales side. Ireland's rush defense has huge in the first 30-35 mins. The yellow card was a bit harsh I thought and Henshaw fekked a guaranteed try. Small margins as they say. Ireland could have won that game and everyone would be dancing in the streets. Ireland at home are a different animal. Murray and Sexton (if available) can really impose themeselves at the Aviva and the pack have the physicality to match England up front. The backline is looking leaky and Joe really needs to get Payne back in there - I hope he doesn't but I fear he'll be back at 13. A big game for anyone who wants to be on the Lions flight to NZ.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:
Shan wrote:
Fans over-react. Ireland weren't that bad against a fired-up Wales side. Ireland's rush defense has huge in the first 30-35 mins. The yellow card was a bit harsh I thought and Henshaw fekked a guaranteed try. Small margins as they say. Ireland could have won that game and everyone would be dancing in the streets. Ireland at home are a different animal. Murray and Sexton (if available) can really impose themeselves at the Aviva and the pack have the physicality to match England up front. The backline is looking leaky and Joe really needs to get Payne back in there - I hope he doesn't but I fear he'll be back at 13. A big game for anyone who wants to be on the Lions flight to NZ.
Lol what guff

England have finally found some backs to go with their monster pack

Big fat Billy is back

Ireland have Bobbo Zeebs Urls and BoD2 ...

They'll get shat all over

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:I have my shirt ready. Will put it on about 7pm next Saturday. So glad now it was not a waste of money.
So, it's a racist ye are now?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 20421.html
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:
Shan wrote:
Yer old Brennan, the yellow was perfectly justified, mind you Wales should have had one for their infringements on the line as well, Henshaw was a total dipstick and so was Schmidt for his daft team choice of out of sorts and done players, Ireland should be building for the next RWC but sure that will wait to the warm up matches yet again.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:
So, it's a racist ye are now?

I see one of the academics is from the university of Wooster. Seems entirely appropriate. What ho!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: So, it's a racist ye are now?

Feck that is pathetic stuff. Some folk really do need to stop trying to dig up things to be getting offended by.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ireland are perfectly capable of winning this game, given it is at home. We have been ok at home in the past couple of years but struggled in just about every meaningful test away (bar one win against a poor boks side and even then we lost the series). The 'ups' lead people to believe we are world beaters and the defeats against teams we think we should be beating get us branded as crap. The reality is somewhere in between.

In a lot of ways the welsh defeat was good as it showed ireland are very fallible away from home without the 16th man. A win against england would be very welcome but doesn't mean 'redemption' nor regret about the opening against scotland nor the henshaw moment against wales. The reality is that we were miles away from winning it this year and simply not good or savvy enough to do what england could.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote:
Shan wrote: Doubt it. We will have the same team again, unless injuries dictate otherwise. Likely to be taken to the cleaners.

Feck sake - I added "taken to the cleaners" for a fecking reason.