Rory sets new record

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Rory sets new record

Post by bazzaj »

Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Rory sets new record

Post by big mervyn »

bazzaj wrote:Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.
The Saffers at Ulster are to blame for that. Does my head in too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Reckon it's all part of their media training...
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

bazzaj wrote:Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.
You actually sat and counted it??

Alrighty then Image
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Look has replaced the word 'obviously.' as a standard post match interview go to word
Incidentally the 'obviously' record is held by the former Arsenal footballer Ray Parlour who once said the word an incredible 18 times in one sitting.
Look obviously I counted them wee woman.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Look, I've a lot of family in Mexico, it is the influence of themins dudder side of the currently non-existent border. I wonder where you guys have been, for donkeys years,"Lookit" has been in Irish use for decades. With the influence of incoming SHers with their version, the simple "look" it appears to have become the international compromise use/rule.

I have no problem with it, if I had a pound for every Mexican who has ever said, "ah lookit" to me I'd have thousands of pound note coins.

Each til their own I suppose.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Incidentally, as far as I'm concerned there are obvious records for both Rory & Paddy.

I know no other captain has achieved the SH Triple Crown

I think no other Irish kicker has gone through 3 matches in the AIs without missing, 14 straight I believe. (according to Robson, I can't remember)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I thought the interviewer was called Luke

Besides, whatever Rory says is alright by me - he can do no wrong :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
Gwan Rory!
Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.
So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Fair enough, nothing surprises me about you clowns. :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Gwan Rory!
Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.
So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Do we not usually bate Australia?
Master of None
Novice

Post by Master of None »

Reading the southern press and their appreciation of Rory is heartwarming stuff. For an Ulsterman to get the plaudits he has received from players and press on the other side of the border brings a tear to the eye. What a great ambassador for Ulster. :red: :fleg:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Gwan Rory!

Relevance?

By the way, we have thrashed them 7 times out of 18 in Dublin, 11 out of 33 overall, so .............no we don't.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Gwan Rory!

Relevance?

By the way, we have thrashed them 7 times out of 18 in Dublin, 11 out of 33 overall, so .............no we don't.
Have you read this thread? How many times Rory said "look"
Satire old boy, satire. >EW