Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

February 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Who is online

In total there are 18 users online :: 5 registered, 2 hidden and 11 guests

Most users ever online was 432 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], PeteLondon, SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 622882
Total topics 18798
Total members 2835
Our newest member Stonethrower

Birthdays

Congratulations to: Sea_point (51)

Rory sets new record

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Rory sets new record

Postby bazzaj » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.
User avatar
bazzaj
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5002
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby big mervyn » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:07 pm

bazzaj wrote:Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.

The Saffers at Ulster are to blame for that. Does my head in too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9497
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby shamalicious » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Reckon it's all part of their media training...
Stand up for the Ulstermen

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4908
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Wee Woman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:11 pm

bazzaj wrote:Congratulations Rory Best for setting a new "Look" record for an interview having said the word 15 times in his post match interview.
Tremendous stuff.


You actually sat and counted it??

Alrighty then
User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby bazzaj » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Look has replaced the word 'obviously.' as a standard post match interview go to word
Incidentally the 'obviously' record is held by the former Arsenal footballer Ray Parlour who once said the word an incredible 18 times in one sitting.
Look obviously I counted them wee woman.
User avatar
bazzaj
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5002
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Look, I've a lot of family in Mexico, it is the influence of themins dudder side of the currently non-existent border. I wonder where you guys have been, for donkeys years,"Lookit" has been in Irish use for decades. With the influence of incoming SHers with their version, the simple "look" it appears to have become the international compromise use/rule.

I have no problem with it, if I had a pound for every Mexican who has ever said, "ah lookit" to me I'd have thousands of pound note coins.

Each til their own I suppose.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27568
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Incidentally, as far as I'm concerned there are obvious records for both Rory & Paddy.

I know no other captain has achieved the SH Triple Crown

I think no other Irish kicker has gone through 3 matches in the AIs without missing, 14 straight I believe. (according to Robson, I can't remember)
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27568
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby bazzaj » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!
User avatar
bazzaj
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5002
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21461
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:18 pm

I thought the interviewer was called Luke

Besides, whatever Rory says is alright by me - he can do no wrong :salut:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12635
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:46 pm

bazzaj wrote:Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!



Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.


So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Fair enough, nothing surprises me about you clowns. :roll:
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27568
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!



Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.


So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Fair enough, nothing surprises me about you clowns. :roll:

Do we not usually bate Australia?
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21461
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Master of None » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 am

Reading the southern press and their appreciation of Rory is heartwarming stuff. For an Ulsterman to get the plaudits he has received from players and press on the other side of the border brings a tear to the eye. What a great ambassador for Ulster. :red: :fleg:
User avatar
Master of None
Novice
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:01 am

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!



Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.


So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Fair enough, nothing surprises me about you clowns. :roll:

Do we not usually bate Australia?


Relevance?

By the way, we have thrashed them 7 times out of 18 in Dublin, 11 out of 33 overall, so .............no we don't.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27568
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Rory sets new record

Postby Snipe Watson » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:45 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Nice stats Bagster.
Though given as no other Irish captain has beaten the All blacks everything he does from this point can be a record.
First Irish captain to to defeat New Zealand and Glasgow in one season
Gwan Rory!



Snipe Watson wrote:Fist Irish captain to beat New Zealand and win best in show at Balmoral.


So none of you clowns think beating the 3 SH teams within a few months is worthwhile or worthy of mention?

Fair enough, nothing surprises me about you clowns. :roll:

Do we not usually bate Australia?


Relevance?

By the way, we have thrashed them 7 times out of 18 in Dublin, 11 out of 33 overall, so .............no we don't.

Have you read this thread? How many times Rory said "look"
Satire old boy, satire. >EW
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21461
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->