Cowboys Agenda

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

Cowboys Agenda

Post by davejohnston »

Its a bit of a throw away line, but I saw this quote in the indo article from Mark Anscombe

"Meanwhile, former Ulster coach Mark Anscombe, now in charge of Canada, has claimed that there was an agenda behind his sudden dismissal from the northern province in 2014.

"It leaves a sour taste, I had a good relationship with the players, we were doing well," he said.
"And then it is just small-minded individuals who have got their own agenda made it happen. It's the ugly side of the game and it happens."

So who were the small minded individuals that pushed him out ?
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Cowboys Agenda

Post by namron »

Alcoholics Anonymous?
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Well he did have them playing some good stuff, and there was also no excuses in the post match analysis stuff....if they played poorly, he'd say it.
His son alluded to bad blood a yr or so ago. So am presuming it was humphries with Logan who ditched him. Shame he followed it up by clearing off to glouc with minimal notice and took bell with him leaving us in the brad pitt....still, looking at the prem table that ain't working out too well.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

namron wrote:Alcoholics Anonymous?

You are probably quite right, at least in the right area. It was known that his fondness of a swally was not appreciated by the best suit on Sunday faction.

I was not a fan however, though in retrospect, the man almost seemed professional compared to what has occurred in the following years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Listen here, we were six wins from six in Europe, incl Leicester home and away, and a universally criticised French referees' red card against Jared Payne from a real crack at a Heineken Cup - with a record as sh*t as that and given our previously unsurpassed track record of league and European success prior to his arrival, Anscombe had to go! Now of course if he had gone to Inst, Campbell or suchlike, well obviously that would have been different. Anscombe had no chance, good luck to him, he's best away from the place the way he was treated'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dharper wrote: So am presuming it was humphries with Logan who ditched him. Shame he followed it up by clearing off to glouc with minimal notice and took bell with him leaving us in the brad pitt....still, looking at the prem table that ain't working out too well.
Well Humphs agenda always was look after number 1, in his case himself.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Bell was offered a role at Gloucester (and a trippling of his salary) a full season before he left. Humphries went after him.

The only problem I have with Humphries tenure at Ulster was the decision to ditch McLaughlin. He put a hard edge into the management which had been damp as sh1t before. As far as I'm concerned if people didnt like him for it he was doing a good job.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

If that is the case I have no beef with Bell going (shame as the defence under him was v good). The issue I had was the "haunted" look on Logan's face when he was talking about humphries leaving.....looked like there was no notice/contingency plan etc, and we were left in the lurch. The fact we were left with doak and Clarke, and the irfu had to parachute les in says it all.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:Bell was offered a role at Gloucester (and a trippling of his salary) a full season before he left. Humphries went after him.

The only problem I have with Humphries tenure at Ulster was the decision to ditch McLaughlin. He put a hard edge into the management which had been damp as sh1t before. As far as I'm concerned if people didnt like him for it he was doing a good job.
Was that the role Bell was offered and Humphs blocked his early release from contract ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Thats the one. Although, I understand he didnt block it. Just asked him to stay for another year. Then pi55ed off himself.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'd have kept Anscombe and dumped the 2 others
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Of course we should all remember that he effectively resigned with his mad substitutions which lost a game v :mexican: that we should have won in the semi-final.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:Bell was offered a role at Gloucester (and a trippling of his salary) a full season before he left. Humphries went after him.

And how's that worked out for Dinger & Doc Dave? Glaws have been unremittingly shyte since they went there. They must be due the boot or the doctor may have a compromising snap of the owner.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Marco wrote:Listen here, we were six wins from six in Europe, incl Leicester home and away, and a universally criticised French referees' red card against Jared Payne from a real crack at a Heineken Cup - with a record as sh*t as that and given our previously unsurpassed track record of league and European success prior to his arrival, Anscombe had to go! Now of course if he had gone to Inst, Campbell or suchlike, well obviously that would have been different. Anscombe had no chance, good luck to him, he's best away from the place the way he was treated'
Exactly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Of course we should all remember that he effectively resigned with his mad substitutions which lost a game v :mexican: that we should have won in the semi-final.
The strange case of McKinney, a newly discovered turnstile in the centre where Cave used to be and a disgruntled Chad as I recall.... :scratch: Dark days when we were actually in with a shout of beating Mexico in Mehico
Exterminate all rational thought