Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by 222toHounslow »

Disappointed so many Ulster players have been selected.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Olding out Ringrose in. Meltdown in 3 2 1......
Good news, maybe Olding will play 10 this week. :shock:

So much for Tommy Bowe starting in Chicago. :roll:
Assumption was based on the fact he needs gametime, Joe loves him and when he's on form is the best winger in Ire, and it goes without saying starting against the AB's (to get him up to speed for the real AI's) is a much bigger test than a pro12 game against Munster

Not inconceivable logic IMO
Sorry mate, it was just utter bullshit, it was never ever going to happen in a decade of tuesdays. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Assumption was based on the fact he needs gametime, Joe loves him and when he's on form is the best winger in Ire, and it goes without saying starting against the AB's (to get him up to speed for the real AI's) is a much bigger test than a pro12 game against Munster

Sorry mate, it was just utter bullshit, it was never ever going to happen in a decade of tuesdays. :roll:
About as logical as the world being 6,000 years old.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Still a big Lienster bias.For instance James Tracey plays a few games and suddenly is a better prospect for Ireland than Rob or any of our other excellent hookers.BULLS........devalues everything.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Sadly Tommy won't wear a Ireland shirt again.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

skiboo wrote:Still a big Lienster bias.For instance James Tracey plays a few games and suddenly is a better prospect for Ireland than Rob or any of our other excellent hookers.BULLS........devalues everything.
Versatility is no longer Joes meedya buzzword which kills the 2/6/7 hybrid
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dave wrote:Finlay Bealham (Buccaneers/Connacht)
Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) captain
Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Leinster)*
Sean Cronin (St Mary’s College/Leinster)
Ultan Dillane (Corinthians/Connacht)
Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
Tadgh Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
Craig Gilroy (Ulster)
Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) vice captain
Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
Robbie Henshaw (Leinster)
Billy Holland (Cork Constitution/Munster)*
Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster)
Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
Kieran Marmion (Buccaneers/Connacht)
Luke Marshall (Ulster)
Jack McGrath (St Marys/Leinster)
Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)*
Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster)
Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
Jared Payne (Ulster)
Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)*
Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
John Ryan (Cork Constitution/Munster)*
Jonathan Sexton (St Mary’s College/Leinster)
CJ Stander (Munster)
Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
James Tracy (UCD/Leinster)*
Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster)
Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster
About 16 Leinster lol. Would prefer a couple less Ulster players mind you... Haven't seen anything of Leinster this season - have SOB and Healy been playing much? What kind of form are they in? Good to see POM and Henderson back in the Ireland mix after injury. Some good players in there if we can get everyone fit.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thought Henderson was injured :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Russ --

Sometimes selection to squads indentifies very little other than closeness to the training camp and or a scrutiny of how you interact with the squad .

The Ulster centres have two problems at the moment a settled partnership has not been identified nor to some extent a players best position of either inside or outside centre or the ability to play both in some instances ( equally well ) the second is they have all suffered injury since the start of the season and both their fitness and form are in question .

There is also the fact that Joe's preferred partnership would appear to be Henshaw and Payne regardless of how badly Kearney is playing at full back , although at the moment this may not be the case given the limited resources available for the back 3 positions due to Earls getting a two week ban and the fact while Zebo is a reasonable optionat full back against weak opposition ,his defence against any of the top eight teams is next to non existent.

In my opinion a Marshall/ Henshaw partnership in the centre with Payne at full back would be stronger than a Henshaw /Payne partnership at centre with Kearney at full back and with Zebo at Full back defence is non existent.

Ringrose has played in nearly every game for Leinster and is developing a partnership with Henshaw which could put him ahead of Olding , note I have stated previously that the lack of future options at full back make it a better option for Olding as an International than either out half or centre .

Note Connaughts Bundee Aki will possibly be available for selection next year as a centre and with Sexton, PJ and Carberry available at out half never mind the place kick king Madigan selection at centre and out half will become increasingly more difficult .
Last edited by rumncoke on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

skiboo wrote:Still a big Lienster bias.For instance James Tracey plays a few games and suddenly is a better prospect for Ireland than Rob or any of our other excellent hookers.BULLS........devalues everything.
Yep, Tracey is an odd one. Decent player, but not quite Herring

Glad to see Carberry in the squad too, Sexton not getting much younger so he could provide some quality back up to Jackson when Sexton hangs up the boots
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Glad to see Carberry in the squad too, Sexton not getting much younger so he could provide some quality back up to Jackson when Sexton hangs up the boots
Is Tracey an IKON player?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Russ --

Sometimes selection to squads indentifies very little other than closeness to the training camp and or a scrutiny of how you interact with the squad .

The Ulster centres have two problems at the moment a settled partnership has not been identified nor to some extent a players best position of either inside or outside centre or the ability to play both in some instances ( equally well ) the second is they have all suffered injury since the start of the season and both their fitness and form are in question .

There is also the fact that Joe's preferred partnership would appear to be Henshaw and Payne regardless of how badly Kearney is playing at full back , although at the moment this may not be the case given the limited resources available for the back 3 positions due to Earls getting a two week ban and the fact while Zebo is a reasonable optionat full back against weak opposition ,his defence against any of the top eight teams is next to non existent.

In my opinion a Marshall/ Henshaw partnership in the centre with Payne at full back would be stronger than a Henshaw /Payne partnership at centre with Kearney at full back and with Zebo at Full back defence is non existent.

Ringrose has played in nearly every game for Leinster and is developing a partnership with Henshaw which could put him ahead of Olding , note I have stated previously that the lack of future options at full back make it a better option for Olding as an International than either out half or centre .

Note Connaughts Bundee Aki will possibly be available for selection next year as a centre and with Sexton, PJ and Carberry available at out half never mind the place kick king Madigan selection at centre and out half will become increasingly more difficult .
TL DR but thanks for the paragraphs for once
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Is Tracey an IKON player?
Signed up last week
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Can I ask, what is IKON??
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:Can I ask, what is IKON??
Yes, it is a legal organisation. Ask away..
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.