BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
URSC Secretary wrote:URSC has been informed that due to the inclement weather due tonight any terrace dwellers who wish to move to covered seats which are free at either end behind goal will be permitted to do so at any stage after kick off.
If it's really inclement and windy they might meet Memorial end dwellers going in the opposite direction.
Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I was denied access when I inquired about this.
Classic URSC
Wise up Russ - it was sod all to do with URSC.

URSC passed on some information supplied by UR.

Wherever the fault was it was either with UR for not telling Eventsec, or it was with Eventsec for not doing as instructed by UR. URSC had nothing to do with the arrangements.

But then, when did you ever let facts get in the way of your agenda?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jordan Taufua was magnificent. Has a bit of dog about him.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote: If it's really inclement and windy they might meet Memorial end dwellers going in the opposite direction.
Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Classic URSC

Wherever the fault was it was either with UR for not telling Eventsec, or it was with Eventsec for not doing as instructed by UR. URSC had nothing to do with the arrangements.

Pinch of salt

I had 2 options

Classic URSC
Classic URPR

I started typing UR and it autofilled in the rest

Job done I say
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Weather was total tom kite, despite that good game. Barbarians actually looked like a team who had played together. Fiji looked like strangers...a few guys playing for the Baa Baas who could do a job next season for Ulster, especially the 10 Du Preez.

I think that unless you watch a lot of Super Rugby many of the names would have been unfamiliar but the were some really serious operators playing.

Here, I've always liked Robbie Deans, wonder would he like to coach the Ulster backs given we have the 2nd greatest backline in Europe?
baggy… Deans only came 11th on the world top coaches analysis report commissioned by UR in 2013 and by the second report in 2014 he had dropped to 15th.. not sure if they have commissioned another..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote: Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Classic URSC

Pinch of salt

I had 2 options

Classic URSC
Classic URPR

I started typing UR and it autofilled in the rest

Job done I say
It was the URSC that made the claim on here. We do not have enough information to exonerate their role in this issue.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: It was the URSC that made the claim on here. We do not have enough information to exonerate their role in this issue.
I'm confident that UR told URSC who asked Clarke and Doak to pass on the instructions to Eventsec.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote: It was the URSC that made the claim on here. We do not have enough information to exonerate their role in this issue.
I'm confident that UR told URSC who asked Clarke and Doak to pass on the instructions to Eventsec.
I would doubt it. The event sec staff are too well coached.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Was the offer open to all fans in attendence at the game because I didn't here or see any announcement on the evening...

Some of the Fijians I was with wanted to know why the national anthem of the host country wasn't played. .They also wondered why the Fijian team was.not given a response from UR to their request to wear poppies... I told them this is Ulster and there was a likely fear that one person may have been offended. ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:Was the offer open to all fans in attendence at the game because I didn't here or see any announcement on the evening...

Some of the Fijians I was with wanted to know why the national anthem of the host country wasn't played. .They also wondered why the Fijian team was.not given a response from UR to their request to wear poppies... I told them this is Ulster and there was a likely fear that one person may have been offended. ..
When you try to offend nobody you end up offending everybody
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Was the offer open to all fans in attendence at the game because I didn't here or see any announcement on the evening...

When you try to offend nobody you end up offending everybody
That's the irony.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Would seem a bit incongruous playing the anthem of the "host country" when the host country wasn't actually playing. Is that what normally happens at Barbarians games.

Who was the host "country" anyway? Presumably Ireland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

My hubby says that the country that the match is"played in" should have their national anthem played first, But I am more concerned that a "song, was put a ahead of a National Anthem and a bit disrespectful to Fiji. Who run the event, was it Ulster or IRB?

I got soaked to the skin and left at halftime and went for a meal.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LadyP wrote:My hubby says that the country that the match is"played in" should have their national anthem played first, But I am more concerned that a "song, was put a ahead of a National Anthem and a bit disrespectful to Fiji. Who run the event, was it Ulster or IRB?

I got soaked to the skin and left at halftime and went for a meal.
To my knowledge the stadium owners bid for the games
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In the world of rugby there is a united Ireland.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:In the world of rugby there is a united Ireland.
Yes so they should have played Ireland's Call. But UR seem to not like playing that song