Madigan

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Madigan

Post by Eggs »

What's the story. Is Joe banging his mother?

Why is it that he thinks we can afford to only have one decent 10 in our 23. The french effectively spent the entire game trying to get sexton off the pitch, succeeded, and went on to win the game.

Well aware that here was far more to blame than just that, but seriously.... he seems so in love with Madigan that I wouldn't put it past him to use him to cover scrum half.... :banghead:

He didn't cost us the match, but he probably cost us our opportunity to try to get back into it with that restart

(Well aware of the irony of Jacksons similar kick last night)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Madigan

Post by big mervyn »

Joe's getting some action what with Rab and Ma Quiffy.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
clearlyoffside
Novice

Post by clearlyoffside »

He can cover centre and full back apparently so my guess is he's better to have on the bench as PJ only covers 10.

I like him, but don't think he should be the reason PJ can't even get onto the bench as atm I think PJ is playing better overall.

sure once he's in France we probably won't see him for a while. Probably.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Ross and Moore TH
Healy LH
Henderson (injured) OConnell (ret)
Obrien omahoney Henry (injured).

With these guys missing we are underpowered, and badly exposed. when the subs needs to come on, We don't have the depth in quality. Which is why in the last 2 games we have lacked the ability to get momentum in the 2nd halves.....no coincidence we have scored only 3 Pts in both second halves which cost us both games.

I don't think we'll ever see the best of madigan. I don't think we know how to use him. I just hope to god we don't waste olding ( more naturally talented, but similar utility player).
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Is there "a best of Madigan" I doubt it other then a back up kicker to Sexton and I can play in three position to a PRO12 standard an International anything he is not .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dharper wrote:Ross and Moore TH
Healy LH

With these guys missing we are underpowered, and badly exposed. when the subs needs to come on, We don't have the depth in quality. Which is why in the last 2 games we have lacked the ability to get momentum in the 2nd halves.....no coincidence we have scored only 3 Pts in both second halves which cost us both games.

I don't think we'll ever see the best of madigan. I don't think we know how to use him. I just hope to god we don't waste olding ( more naturally talented, but similar utility player).
Henderson and SOB spend most of their time on the injury list. One or both my be missing permantly. We need to start looking at some young fringe players as backup.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

clearlyoffside wrote:He can cover centre and full back apparently so my guess is he's better to have on the bench as PJ only covers 10.
That's it - by jove you've got it ..... and Windsor covers 10 and 12 too! >EW

It's amazing that PJ even get's into the Ulster 23 :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dharper wrote:Ross and Moore TH
Healy LH

That's a savage looking pack missing. You've hit the nail on the head my son. Ireland have always had a limited squad but we're down to the bare bones up front. Without 1 or 2 of those guys we'd struggle. Without that list, the side is fekked totally.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

clearlyoffside wrote:He can cover centre and full back apparently so my guess is he's better to have on the bench as PJ only covers 10.

That is the chisel that Fibber wants the whole country to believe.The problem lies not with Jackson but entirely to the umbilical cord that ties FibberJose to his trusted Mexicans.

They do have a good squad but really 14 out of the matchday squad after the season they've had? The Kearney Brothers?

I almost choked on my gruel when I heard the decent solid Fergus McFadden was called up. He must give great head. :roll:

That said, I'm happy as Larry that he ignores Paddy without whom three of Uster's recent wins would have been defeats.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Shame on you Grumpy, a new poster comes on board & you're taking the pish***. Bad day ould hand? Someone steal you bun?

*** I normally wait for double figures by which time you have some idea if a man is a chube or not. There are exceptions >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Shame on you Grumpy, a new poster comes on board & you're taking the pish***. Bad day ould hand? Someone steal you bun?

*** I normally wait for double figures by which time you have some idea if a man*** is a chube or not. There are exceptions >EW
I do humbly apologise .... to you and especially to our new poster - Mr or Mrs*** Offside.

It was not my intention to take the pish from him/her ...I confess that in my rush to contribute to this esteemed forum I neglected to notice that he/she was a newbie. My intention was to take the pish out of the now slightly less esteemed (non-Irish) Irish coach.

Welcome to the forum clearly! :thumleft:

*** Need I point out that you may or may not have attributed the wrong sex to our new contributor, Baggy? There is nothing in his/her post to suggest that he/she is male (unless of course they have made that clear in other early posts).
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Versatility ...

Funny how the All Blacks bench is Smith, Cruden, SBW
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackson could cover 12 if required, Payne or Henshaw can cover 15 therefore the only reason to have quiffy is for his goal kicking which is possibly but not necessarily better than Paddy.
McFadden, well I had a chuckle when I heard that one
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Jackson could cover 12 if required, Payne or Henshaw can cover 15 therefore the only reason to have quiffy is for his goal kicking which is possibly but not necessarily better than Paddy.
McFadden, well I had a chuckle when I heard that one
Exactimundo
I'm not arguing -
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

When I heard McFadden was on the bench my thoughts were hahahaha viva le France

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999