Team of the Tournament

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team of the Tournament

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Interesting , you are not deemed world class unless you play tier 1 rugby :roll:

At 10 I'd have Sammy Umbongo from the Belgian Congo, he stole our milk once, put having been a missionary to Africa I try to be forgiving of the natives, they too are Gods childer.
Ffs, Sammy Umbongo is a 15, who in their right mind would move the best 15 to a position they are unfamiliar with, it's just not the Congo Way.

Mihaita Lazar, was maybe one of the best scrummagers in the World Cup
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Interesting , you are not deemed world class unless you play tier 1 rugby :roll:

At 10 I'd have Sammy Umbongo from the Belgian Congo, he stole our milk once, put having been a missionary to Africa I try to be forgiving of the natives, they too are Gods childer.
Ffs, Sammy Umbongo is a 15, who in their right mind would move the best 15 to a position they are unfamiliar with, it's just not the Congo Way.

Mihaita Lazar, was maybe one of the best scrummagers in the World Cup
I've heard FibberJose is a great admirer of wee Sammy, who's from the Cregagh Road Umbongos by the way, and would have no problem playing him anywhere along the backline except where Luke Fitzanywhere is playing as he is obviously first choice in any world fifteen.

You get your glasses from Lazars, the posh people's upmarket version of Lizars? I believe Mihaita is from the Wellington Place Lazars.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Russ wrote:Keet ....
Oh yeah that Keet Sonnybillwilliams dude
In all seriousness he is listed by espn as the top performing 13 of the world cup

Listen biy, hould on til that stat in your memory and sometime when you see me struggling against some stat quoting chube, pull that wan from yer hip pocket and the chube will be crushed, like a kitten's head with a house brick.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Second Rows.
Cant look beyond Retallick and Nakarawu.
Hendo was up there and probably the only real Irish condender in the end sadly.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fecundo Isa on the bench. Always made an impact and had a comedy bum fluff moustache.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:Second Rows.
Cant look beyond Retallick and Nakarawu.
Hendo was up there and probably the only real Irish condender in the end sadly.
What do you get when you cross a Nakarawa with a Matawalu.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

An offloadimg second row high bred who can turn everything over spiffers.
Even looked his name up and still got it wrong.
But as I have just explained I am a bit thick.

Front row
Ayerza and Creevy from the argies at a guess and maybe the romanian one Kofi suggested.
Bit out my depth here and not keen to step on front rows toes with this.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:An offloadimg second row high bred who can turn everything over spiffers.
Even looked his name up and still got it wrong.
But as I have just explained I am a bit thick.

Front row
Ayerza and Creevy from the argies at a guess and maybe the romanian one Kofi suggested.
Bit out my depth here and not keen to step on front rows toes with this.
I have not posted on this thread yet since the RWC is not quite over and players in the final may make a strong case for inclusion.
But I do feel that Rory Best has been about the best hooker at the RWC so far, Creevy (though very good) included. His breakdown work, mobility, cover tackling and stamina were outstanding. He plays like a spare flanker. And his throwing was OK in this competition too.