Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Right, I have been saying for weeks, if not months, that Ireland play a stultifyingly dull game that works against decent & crap teams.

In return I have been told that FibberJose has lots up his sleeve to reveal at the right time, so FFS talk me through it, when does the phoney war end? When are we going to see Fibber release the greatness and show us some of the lexicon of greatness concealed up his sleeve.

FFS I want Ireland to win games but I'm fed up with bullshit and have been for some time.

Anyone else seen the light or are we still truth deniers? If that was it, then FRance will chew us up next week, furthermore there was a massive gulf between that & what the Argies have been producing.

That was the dullest game in the entire tournament that I can recall and Ireland looked clueless. Could have been worse but for Peter O'Mahony, in attack, in defence & sadly in stupidity also. :thumleft:

So all FibberJose fans talk me through it, what's the plan now?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by Spiffsson »

Whit are ye on about man?
Sure Fibber clearly has umpteen match-winning moves up his sleeve, in his back pocket and down the front of his trousers.
He's obviously saving them up for the RWC cup final so he is - only an eejit wouldn't see this.
He does not want to show his hand or any other bits too soon.
Anyone could see today's performance was just a ruse to fool the Frogs.
We must not peak too soon.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Spiffsson wrote:Whit are ye on about man?
Sure Fibber clearly has umpteen match-winning moves up his sleeve, in his back pocket and down the front of his trousers.
He's obviously saving them up for the RWC cup final so he is - only an eejit wouldn't see this.
Sure once we get the 1st XV on the pitch, will be plenty of time for playing 'moves'.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Okay then,

Post by Spiffsson »

BR wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Whit are ye on about man?
Sure once we get the 1st XV on the pitch, will be plenty of time for playing 'moves'.
Joe has so many reserve slick moves up his sleeve that he hasn't even told the players about them yet. All in good time!
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

All to be revealed in Cardiff next Sunday.
In Joe we trust.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'd like if we played with some intensity
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Sure the phoney war is over.

This is the World Cup :scratch: Didn't you realise?

You've been helped :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:All to be revealed in Cardiff next Sunday.
In Joe we trust.
I'm somewhat short on trust, the sweeping aside of minnows was building some confidence in me for we have struggled against crap in most world cups, but Italy have been poor & their scrum has been exposed - until today when they had no issues in the scrum by and large.

I know France aren't great, just yet, but they blew Italy away 32-10 and that was a pretty decent result for Italy, they were so far out of the game and France barely got started.

That performance, for me puts, Ireland against France in a similar position to England against Australia, but on a hugely lower level. I expect France to win, but the I've been saying that for weeks. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, Like England, Ireland are not without hope but my expectation is ultra low.

Can you find a performance in a week? Yes of course, but I'd prefer to have seen Ireland playing rugby much earlier than this. For all the genius laid at Fibber's door, for me it is looking like a repeat of all the same mistakes Ireland have made time & time again.

I hope to look very stupid in 7 days time, for now what I've thought all along holds water.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No mention for Hendo Baggy?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Sure the phoney war is over.

Really? Not a lot, talk me through the differences between then & now. :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Whole lot of RWC England 2015 branding for starters.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:No mention for Hendo Baggy?
Nope, he showed his strength a few times but overall he didn't show anything that made me think, "Aye Toner couldn't have done that".

Furthermore, I've been a proponent of Hendo at six but despite his brainfart I thought O'Mahony was the pick of the pack by a distance, along with the industrious Mr Best. Heaslip was again quiet against Parisse, Seannie essentially marked absent, the front row failed to best a front row that has struggled. Paulie was far from dominant.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Whole lot of RWC England 2015 branding for starters.
I hate it when you just stall for time Snipe :lol: :lol: :lol: You know I will ask relentlessly for an answer, and in fairness, you usually oblige. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G'wan big lad, tell me what I'm missing, they are stuck in the starting gate in my opinion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Stall for time? never.
I like to think of it as just being an awkward sod.

Sorry what was the question again?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

As i said before, some people got a bit carried away with winning the 6N's this year and the no.2 world ranking. The truth is that we could very easily have finished 3rd in the tournament and there was no clear evidence that we were better than Wales or England. The no.2 ranking was also earned in part due to a kind fixture list for Ireland. I'd say the reality was that we were capable on our day of beating each of England, Wales, France,SA and Aus, at home, but would more than likely lose away and indeed, luck may determine the outcome as the games were likely to be close.

Our form going into the tournament did not lie and we were also handicapped by being reliant on a few players staying fit due to the lack of alternaitves, notably Mike Ross, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton and to a lesser extent, Rob kearney.

My thoughts before the tournament were that we COULD make the semi finals given the draw we had, but that would depend on beating France in the pool stages. Nothing has changed in that regard. I still think if we beat France and don't ship injuries to key players then we should still beat Argentina, although it will be an epic battle. Lose to France and we'll put in a heroic display with nothing to lose against the AB's but ultimately still lose.

We won't pass the semi final stage, but that would still be a good tournament for Ireland.