So, a doddle against Italy

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: So, a doddle against Italy

Post by Deraless »

For some reason every time I go to an Ireland match I always get to sit in front of the guy who goes "Goan Paulie, Goan Tommy" etc every time we touch the ball for the full 80. Yesterday he was just saying "Goan Shaunie". Not sure if it was the only player he knew, or whether they have a special relationship, but it just reinforced for me how pants O'Brien was, and a penalty machine.

Joe makes a big play of picking on form. By which he usually means this Leinster player has been kak for 3 years. But he's not afraid to give Tommy a fairly public boot up the jam roll. If he truely picks on form then Chris will be 7. If not Shaunie shall remain.

Also don't get how Earls got off so lightly yesterday. I suppose it wasn't his fault he was selected at centre instead of wing. His try was really a Sexton/Henshaw moment and he just had to set the ball down. Made a few half-breaks then threw the ball away. Not bulky enough either. Missed few tackles and got thrown about like a wee rag doll by them big Italian fellas.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:For some reason every time I go to an Ireland match I always get to sit in front of the guy who goes "Goan Paulie, Goan Tommy" etc every time we touch the ball for the full 80. Yesterday he was just saying "Goan Shaunie". Not sure if it was the only player he knew, or whether they have a special relationship, but it just reinforced for me how pants O'Brien was, and a penalty machine.

Joe makes a big play of picking on form. By which he usually means this Leinster player has been kak for 3 years. But he's not afraid to give Tommy a fairly public boot up the jam roll. If he truely picks on form then Chris will be 7. If not Shaunie shall remain.

Also don't get how Earls got off so lightly yesterday. I suppose it wasn't his fault he was selected at centre instead of wing. His try was really a Sexton/Henshaw moment and he just had to set the ball down. Made a few half-breaks then threw the ball away. Not bulky enough either. Missed few tackles and got thrown about like a wee rag doll by them big Italian fellas.
I was sat in between the following 2 people

1. A chube who got upset that nobody was singing, started singing sons that made no sense then when nobody sung those started shouting ireland, every second from 32 minutes to the end of the game

2. Every players best friend
Gwan Jackie
Gwan Bestie
Gwan Rossie
Gwan Iainie
Gwan Paulie
Gwan Petie
Gwan SEaaaaaaaanieeeee
Gwan Jamie
Gwan Connie
Gwan Janny
Gwan davey
Gwan rabbie
Gwan urlsie
Gwan tammy
Gwan zeebs
Gwan heals
Gwan seanie
Gwan whitey
Gwan devie
Gwan chrissy
GWAN LOOOOOOKEY OMG HE'S THE BEST PLAYER EVER

He was a rught chube

By the end of it bloke 1 and bloke 2 were best mates

I hope neither can talk today
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:For some reason every time I go to an Ireland match I always get to sit in front of the guy who goes "Goan Paulie, Goan Tommy" etc every time we touch the ball for the full 80. Yesterday he was just saying "Goan Shaunie". Not sure if it was the only player he knew, or whether they have a special relationship, but it just reinforced for me how pants O'Brien was, and a penalty machine.

I was sat in between the following 2 people

1. A chube who got upset that nobody was singing, started singing sons that made no sense then when nobody sung those started shouting ireland, every second from 32 minutes to the end of the game

2. Every players best friend
Gwan Jackie
Gwan Bestie
Gwan Rossie
Gwan Iainie
Gwan Paulie
Gwan Petie
Gwan SEaaaaaaaanieeeee
Gwan Jamie
Gwan Connie
Gwan Janny
Gwan davey
Gwan rabbie
Gwan urlsie
Gwan tammy
Gwan zeebs
Gwan heals
Gwan seanie
Gwan whitey
Gwan devie
Gwan chrissy
GWAN LOOOOOOKEY OMG HE'S THE BEST PLAYER EVER

He was a rught chube

By the end of it bloke 1 and bloke 2 were best mates

I hope neither can talk today
Lol. "Zeebs" is particularly annoying.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Russ wrote:SOB has ligind status

Radge had it
Dunkey had it
BoD had it
Dorse had it
Flannery had it

Basically you can be utter tom kite, yet still people get angry when their favourite player is dropped

It's a huge problem in Ireland
Flannery?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:

Radge had it
Dunkey had it
BoD had it
Dorse had it
Flannery had it

Basically you can be utter tom kite, yet still people get angry when their favourite player is dropped

Flannery?
What?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:

Radge had it
Dunkey had it
BoD had it
Dorse had it
Flannery had it

Flannery?
What?
Flannery had the status where no matter how much better someone was than him the crowd always wanted him
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Spiffsson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:It will all be down to which French team turns up next week...
It will also be largely down to which Ireland team turns up next week. Hope it's not yesterday's.
As baggy suggests not sure that there is a different Ireland wanting to come out and play… the French on other hand you simply can't tell. As likely to lose to Ireland yet blow the All Blacks away.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I think Ireland can step up a fair bit; no telling if it will be enough. Murray had a shocker but probably understandable as only POM showed up in the back-row. Front five did OK. Earls must play on the wing as he had a great game again and I expect Kearney and Payne back. This means Bowe, Kearney and Zebo vying for the other wing and the bench. Hopefully Fitzgerald dropped although I see he is still tipped for the centre by the meedja. Cannot understand this.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Setanta wrote:Hopefully Fitzgerald dropped although I see he is still tipped for the centre by the meedja. Cannot understand this.
It's all the "unseen" work he manages to get through. Despite watching closely no outside observer is capable of spotting him doing it as it is by definition unseen and unseeable.

Joe knows that he does it though which is enough.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Not a big fan initially of Payne at centre but he certainly has performed solidly for Ireland as a key defence element and as a link man.He knows when to pass and when to hold on to the ball. Far better option than Lukey, personally I wouldn't have him near the team.
Earls took his try well on Sunday but I think he doesn't threaten in the centre the way he does on the wing, I would start Earls and Bowe on the wings, Kearney is a solid enough player but doesn't have the Xfactor, and Zebo has to much Personal Xfactor and he forgets he is part of a team but he has improved and would be my third choice.
If Payne doesn't make the start on Sunday I would go for Payne who plays a similar type of game to Payne.Cave will put his wingers away and Earls and Bowe are potent finishers. Bowe is back as the manner of his two tries against Canada proved. But we miss an inform Trimble what a difference he would make.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Saying Payne is a better option than fitztool is like saying a hannering is better than castration

Where has this PR nonsense about Payne's defence come from?

He doesn't make head on stop tackles
He let's people run on his outside and scrags them down
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:

Radge had it
Dunkey had it
BoD had it
Dorse had it
Flannery had it

Flannery?
What?

Flannery had the status where no matter how much better someone was than him the crowd always wanted him

Who was better than him? Rory is now a better player than he was when competing for the jersey with Fla.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:Where has this PR nonsense about Payne's defence come from?
Didn't ya hear his "tackles stick like honey" lol
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:
Words fail me totally
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Words fail me totally
That'll be a first