You will love this

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: You will love this

Post by Bart S »

I'm with Baggy and Snipe on this one. i'd far rather an interview like that than one where a player tries to blame the ref or says his team didn't deserve to lose etc.

Also don't agree with the ireland vs AB's comparison. Ireland narrowly failed to secure a famous win which would rank as one of their greatest ever. england lost to a huge local rival whom they should have beaten in their home world cup and are now at real risk of going out. Irelamd losing to Italy at the weekend (heaven forbid) would be a closer comparison.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Just spotted this photograph, how appropriate. :lol: :lol: :lol:
brown.jpg
brown.jpg (33.43 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

He shouldn't have done the interview. To be honest I think there's too many fecking interviews these days with players after matches. The coach and captain is more than enough. Different if you have just won the 6n or RWC etc but when you've just lost a match it is unnecessary. I mean unless there's people out there who are so f-cking demented that they need a player to outline what it is like to lose a big match just minutes after the final whistle. If such folk are roaming about freely they should be recaptured and secured immediately.

Oh and I agree about the Welsh. I've never had much time for them in terms of rugby.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I liked Maaaak's interviews
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Deraless wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I'm not playing down the importance of that game against the ABs. I'm bigging up the world cup.

Anyway the Welsh were gloating far too early. With their injuries I give them very little chance against Australia. England on the other hand are backs against the wall against Australia and they have a fair or better chance of winning.
Yip. England still second favourites with the bookies for the whole shebang as well.

It would have served them better playing the Wales game down. Playing the biggest game ever 2 weeks in a row must put some pressure on.

Lets hope the Aussies can throw the kitchen sink back.

If Wales get through I'd be surprised if the get any further too. They're down to the dregs with the likes of Anscome Jnr now.
I'll join the bandwagon above. Fancy England might sneak it with all to play for; although fek all in it. Wales could struggle even against Fiji and I fancy them to get smoked by Oz.

Brown is being a bit petulant but he just looks totally gutted and raging and why wouldn't he be. His side were totally in control for the majority of the game. Wales were turd and England somehow managed to blow it. It's a home world cup and it now looks like they might not even get out of the group. No wonder he's raging. I'd want to see my players livid after that result. Comparing to Ireland NZ is total nonsense.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

againstthehead wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I'm not playing down the importance of that game against the ABs. I'm bigging up the world cup.

Anyway the Welsh were gloating far too early. With their injuries I give them very little chance against Australia. England on the other hand are backs against the wall against Australia and they have a fair or better chance of winning.
Yip. England still second favourites with the bookies for the whole shebang as well.

It would have served them better playing the Wales game down. Playing the biggest game ever 2 weeks in a row must put some pressure on.

If Wales get through I'd be surprised if the get any further too. They're down to the dregs with the likes of Anscome Jnr now.
I'll join the bandwagon above. Fancy England might sneak it with all to play for; although fek all in it. Wales could struggle even against Fiji and I fancy them to get smoked by Oz.

Brown is being a bit petulant but he just looks totally gutted and raging and why wouldn't he be. His side were totally in control for the majority of the game. Wales were turd and England somehow managed to blow it. It's a home world cup and it now looks like they might not even get out of the group. No wonder he's raging. I'd want to see my players livid after that result. Comparing to Ireland NZ is total nonsense.
Comparing Ire v NZ was the first thing came into my head when I thought of recent hurtful Ireland defeats. Using the RWC as an example then have any of the host of NZ players behaved like this after being dumped out as favourites?

I can't think of any of our guys who would behave like this and we've had our fair share of tough days.

Ain't nobody gonna convice me he isn't a tool. He carries on like a tool on the pitch as well.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Have to say I don't love it Jizzer, I saw the Welsh gloating over this earlier and realised that whilst I hate England with an absolute passion (on the sports pitch & politically, the ToryBastards) I have an almost equal dislike for the Welsh.

All very well crowing in victory, but expecting a guy just off the pitch to give an interview in which he declares the better side won is ludicrous, especially since they were very very far from the better team.

As for the interviewee, the only thing this proves about Mike Brown is that he is incapable of swallowing his hurt for the cameras, but more than that it proves that the Welsh are not just horrible losers, they are also gloating horrible winners.

Fu@k everyone involved and the nasty little-minded Welsh audience & presenters at ScrumV.

Still glad they won just the same. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha me too.
As you can imagine all I have listened to for the last year is how they are going to win the world cup and how fantastic they were when they beat us in a two bob friendly.
They never,ever learn despite their arrogance being their undoing every time, where they just expect to turn up and win.
This particular England side have not remotely earned the right to do that as they have proved once again that power alone does not overcome a bit of savvy.

Funnily I actually think they have a better chance against the Aussies having lost that game than they would have had they won as they will have a different must win mind set now.
Not to say I think they will win but England have always done well against Australia as they Aussies don`t like playing the traditional English abrasive regimented up front stile which stifles them.

If only they had an English back rower who could compete with their back row though.
Oh that's right they didn`t want outsiders in the squad and left him in France even calling up Nick Easter ahead of him!.
Good morals and principles there that have jeopardised their chances of going out in the pool stages of their own World Cup.
Good arrows and whilst there is no doubt that tournament`s always benefits from the hosts doing well I can`t help but find their situation hilarious!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Deraless wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Comparing Ire v NZ was the first thing came into my head when I thought of recent hurtful Ireland defeats. Using the RWC as an example then have any of the host of NZ players behaved like this after being dumped out as favourites?

I can't think of any of our guys who would behave like this and we've had our fair share of tough days.

Ain't nobody gonna convice me he isn't a tool. He carries on like a tool on the pitch as well.
From what I hear that's about spot on Derra and his undoubted rugby talent doesn`t come into it as far as I am concerned.
Maybe people don`t realise that about him but for me its the fact that he is like that makes the interview funny.
A complete Matt Dawson of his generation.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Don't give a feck about Brown's interview, he is probably the best full back in the tournament
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Deraless wrote:He carries on like a tool on the pitch as well.
If I were picking a rugby team he's a tool I would like to have in my toolbox.

This is a non-story. Player loses match that should have been won, comfortably, .... player pretty annoyed about that.

Entirely understandable. No story. None. End of.

Anyone for rugby?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Didn't Brown give away the penalty that gave Biggar the winning kick?

I'd say he would be annoyed... with himself as much any anything else.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

mikerob wrote:Didn't Brown give away the penalty that gave Biggar the winning kick?

I'd say he would be annoyed... with himself as much any anything else.
You are quite correct sir.

He caught a high ball and presumably thought this made him the dog's willy only for him to be pinged for holding on when the Welsh forward machine made mince meat of his flaccid English counterparts.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Deraless wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Deraless wrote:

He is, but I've noticed over many years of playing and waching rugby that many of the best players are tools. Or at least are tools when hey pull the shirt on, though they can often act normally off the field. It's what gives a lot of them that extra edge, dog and ruthless streak needed to win at top level. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more mean baastaards and tools on the Ireland team. Poor old POM looks like the only enthusiastic strangler we currently have, and even he seems to be easing off.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

He reminds me of Carl from Shameless. Why does the England rugby team seem to be a breeding ground for talented but arrogant, bad-tempered players? E.g Farrell, B. Vunipola, M Brown, Lawes etc.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:He reminds me of Carl from Shameless. Why does the England rugby team seem to be a breeding ground for talented but arrogant, bad-tempered players? E.g Farrell, B. Vunipola, M Brown, Lawes etc.
I would say the school system

However there are now 2 school systems at play

1. The toff public school boy bully ground that bred Haskell, Robshaw, Youngs etc.

2. The gangland that bred Farrell, BFB, Lawes etc.

2 opposing ideologies that essentially create the same Warren Gatland