Going to any Irish RWC games?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Going to any Irish RWC games?

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:In Darlington for a few weeks guess I will use have to find in Irish Bar in the North East..
Spent 5 weeks in Darlo

No Irish bars. Only decent bar I think is the Red Lion, but it's a fitba bar

90% of people who are in the town centre have asbos also ao be careful

Other than that it's dirt cheap
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Cockatrice wrote:In Darlington for a few weeks guess I will use have to find in Irish Bar in the North East..
Just take the train to York. Much nicer city.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
SuperFez
Novice

Post by SuperFez »

Rooster wrote:Great idea crap venue for a real session in my opinion would rather be in a small pub somewhere, if they fill the place bars will seriously struggle unless they have changed in the past few years
Which of the two venues is crap? Don't know the Cardiff one, but the Brewery in London I have been in and is very good. Not sure the event would fit in a small pub!

Bars in general in the UK struggle when it's busy, the staff are 3rd wold compaired to Irish bar tenders.

I'm going anyway, London is so massive you wouldn't know there was a game on if you went one or two tube stops away, on the eve of the game seems a great focal point for those looking for the rugby crowd.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I have been at several corporate events in the brewery and it's basically a big corporate event spot with the type of atmosphere to match, perhaps it will be better for this event though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

SuperFez wrote:
Rooster wrote:Great idea crap venue for a real session in my opinion would rather be in a small pub somewhere, if they fill the place bars will seriously struggle unless they have changed in the past few years
Which of the two venues is crap? Don't know the Cardiff one, but the Brewery in London I have been in and is very good. Not sure the event would fit in a small pub!

Bars in general in the UK struggle when it's busy, the staff are 3rd wold compaired to Irish bar tenders.

I'm going anyway, London is so massive you wouldn't know there was a game on if you went one or two tube stops away, on the eve of the game seems a great focal point for those looking for the rugby crowd.
I was both in the west end and canary wharf today
Only one game on
Whole place and underground system carnage all day
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
SuperFez wrote:

Only one game on
I encountered light traffic on my way home today. I was slightly delayed by a lorry reversing into a loading bay, but otherwise fairly clear. Enjoy the smog Russ... :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
SuperFez wrote:

Only one game on
I encountered light traffic on my way home today. I was slightly delayed by a lorry reversing into a loading bay, but otherwise fairly clear. Enjoy the smog Russ... :thumleft:
Was it URs latest sponsor?

No smog here, glorious sunshine, effective and green public transport and a global mega city to enjoy
SuperFez
Novice

Post by SuperFez »

Ended up being a great night! Anyone else go? 1000 people and a fair few Ulster colours/ voices!

Dr Hump on the Cardiff panel for this weekend, might pop a grenade on the open Q&A!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Yeah, I went to the event at the Brewery. Decent enough evening although I was just there for the Q&A and England-Oz game and didn't stick around for the band. I didn't try the food but it was easy to get a beer.

In the Q&A session, Shaggy Horgan and Ferris were a lot better value than Peter Stringer who was quite dull. Afterwards I had to laugh that there were loads of weemin queuing up to have selfies with Shaggy or Ferris but I didn't see anyone asking Stringer! :lol:

The big screen HD projectors for the game were superb - I haven't seen a pub with anything that good.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Russ wrote: Whole place and underground system carnage all day
Mike Brown, Transport for London's boss is ex-Campbell College and QUB so that explains it...
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Went along to the Q&A and stayed for Hermitage Green. Impressed with both offerings to be honest and wasn't bad value at all. Would encourage any floating voters to get along to the Cardiff one.