Going to any Irish RWC games?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

Going to any Irish RWC games?

Post by URSC Secretary »

The Munster Rugby Supporters Club London Branch, with the support of all four provincial Supporters Clubs and the official IRFU Supporters Club, have organised three Irish RWC Pre-Match Parties in London and Cardiff this October with Irish band Hermitage Green as the headline act for each.

Ireland play Italy in the Olympic Stadium in London on Sunday October 4th, France in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on October 11th and will hopefully qualify to play a Quarter Final on the 17th or 18th of October also in the Millennium Stadium. On the eve of these massive and historical sporting fixtures Hermitage Green will headline three official Irish Supporters Pre-Match parties!!

Each of the three nights promise to deliver a fantastic fusion of sport, music and banter. The running order will vary slightly between events given the unpredictable nature of the quarter final weekend, however in general, a nights entertainment will include an insightful Q&A with high profile ex Irish Internationals, a screening of the main match on that night, followed by a live performance by Hermitage Green. Then, to round off a fantastic evening, a DJ will assist guests to dance the night away until the early hours.

Headliners Hermitage Green who recently signed to Sony, having released their summer hit "Jenny" and in September their new single "Quicksand", never disappoint and are sure to deliver a lively and energetic set. The band, which includes Irish capped centre Barry Murphy, have previously performed privately for the Irish Rugby team and are extremely popular at home and Internationally on the Summer Festival circuit.

The Q&A panels will feature three distinguished former Irish Internationals from Munster, Leinster and Ulster, Peter Stringer (98 Irish caps), Shane Horgan (65 Irish Caps / 2 Lions Caps) and Stephen Ferris (35 Irish caps/ 2009 Lions Tourist) have been confirmed as the panellists for our Official Ireland v Italy RWC Pre-Match Party taking place in the Brewery in central London on Saturday October 3rd. MC for the night is RTE's Michael Corcoran. We will also have the key pool fixture between England and Australia on four massive projector screens live, with Irish band Hermitage Green headlining the music on the night.

For the very first time these events are bringing together the Official IRFU, Munster, Leinster, Connacht and Ulster supporters clubs. Given such support these events promise to be three spectacular nights not to be missed!! Tickets are expected to sell very fast given the thousands of Irish Supporters at home and abroad who will be making the trip to the UK allied to the large diaspora based there so be sure to snap yours up early.

Tickets can be purchased from http://tiny.cc/GreenWCparties
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Going to any Irish RWC games?

Post by Russ »

Given the RWC is going to be one of the UKs largest FREE parties, paying to enter second rate bars is not high on my list of priorities

Every city has an official fan zone and every bar will have the game on

Conversely there are thousands of unoffical fan zones with huge TVs overlooking pleasant village greens and large gardens

Finally a major part of international rugby union is meeting fans from other nations, doubt this can be done in a ticket only Irish event

Having said that great initiative by MRSC as always, they go above and beyond to ensure the expat fans feel part of the community, same as OLSC
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Great Idea and well done to the organisers. Pity a sponsor was not found to make it free to the fans, I believe the official fan zones will be awesome worth a visit to the fans travelling and spending a lot on flights , hotels and tickets, . Maybe URSC good ease the burden, lead the way and get discount for its members, even part funding the cost of a ticket. Russ we meeting for a brew :stout:

Good initiative but a bit pricey
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great idea and fu@k the begrudgers.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Great idea crap venue for a real session in my opinion would rather be in a small pub somewhere, if they fill the place bars will seriously struggle unless they have changed in the past few years
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I was going to go till I saw the price of tickets. I'm sure it'll be a good night though.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

When you over Kofi?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Good enough idea, I might actually trot along myself to the Italy one.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:When you over Kofi?
Here at the moment
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Not going to any of the Ireland games but arrive in Brighton about noon on Saturday and aim to catch Ireland v Canada (2.30pm) in a pub near or en route to the stadium in the hope of possibly getting a facevalue ticket to either S.Africa v Japan at 4.45pm or Samoa v USA at noon the next day. Will report back next week as to my success or lack thereof.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Not going to any of the Ireland games but arrive in Brighton about noon on Saturday and aim to catch Ireland v Canada (2.30pm) in a pub near or en route to the stadium in the hope of possibly getting a facevalue ticket to either S.Africa v Japan at 4.45pm or Samoa v USA at noon the next day. Will report back next week as to my success or lack thereof.
See you in Brighton on Sunday sweetheart xx
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

... thinking about going...

Venue is close to the Old Red Cow by Smithfield market, an excellent pub, so can always call in there for a few beforehand.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

A round up of London venues is here:

http://londonist.com/2015/09/where-to-w ... ign=buffer
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nice one for anyone who enjoys these kind of things.

I see that band that Barry Murphy is in are playing. Never saw them myself but heard they are supposed to be handy.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

In Darlington for a few weeks guess I will use have to find in Irish Bar in the North East..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU