RWC - Group C

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

RWC - Group C

Post by againstthehead »

Probably fair to say that this is the weakest group of the 4 with Namibia, Georgia and Tonga making up the numbers for Argentina and New Zealand. I'm interested to see how Argentina fair in this world cup. They have had some success in the rugby championship and have even shown they can play a more expansive game at times. Assuming they come second, they will play the winners of Ireland's pool. Not a bad result for Argentina so I wouldn't put it past them to get the semi-finals.

Can't see past NZ and Argentina going through although Tonga showed in the last RWC that they can give the big boys a scare. Argentina V Tonga is probably not for the faint-hearted and could well be the game of the group. In saying that, if Argentina bring a strong set-piece and rolling maul to play the ABs then that could get interesting too.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RWC - Group C

Post by Russ »

Heading up to see Argies Namibia
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Namibia have played decent enough in the past? You going to many games Russ?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:Namibia have played decent enough in the past? You going to many games Russ?
Down for 3 and hoping to pick up some more in either last minute sales or a few other shady sources
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Namibia have played decent enough in the past? You going to many games Russ?
Down for 3 and hoping to pick up some more in either last minute sales or a few other shady sources
Are you on Sarries freebie list?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Few options

1. Ireland get dumped out so all the people who have tickets will want tid
2. Enough corporates returning late tickets
3. Enough people pulling out at last minute and people offering them up
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Few options

Seem to be quite a few Cat A tickets turning up recently so corporate sales may not be as good as expected, remember last RWC in France that there were lads with the cheapest seats right up top of Millennium stadium and the gate staff swapped them to top class seats at time of match so the place did not have huge gaps right in the middle of the stadium
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Few options

Seem to be quite a few Cat A tickets turning up recently so corporate sales may not be as good as expected, remember last RWC in France that there were lads with the cheapest seats right up top of Millennium stadium and the gate staff swapped them to top class seats at time of match so the place did not have huge gaps right in the middle of the stadium
For being the cathedral of rugby it's strange to see no Millenium group game sold out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote: For being the cathedral of rugby it's strange to see no Millenium group game sold out
It was the France v NZ match, they had over 200 corporate seats that night unsold, I know several people who got upgraded to them.
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote: For being the cathedral of rugby it's strange to see no Millenium group game sold out
It was the France v NZ match, they had over 200 corporate seats that night unsold, I know several people who got upgraded to them.
But in the ticket website every game in Wales is showing as moderate availability
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Handy group for NZ. Four matches to get warmed up before the 1/4 final.

Argies should ease through in second. Anything other than this would be a shock.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Shan wrote:Handy group for NZ. Four matches to get warmed up before the 1/4 final.

Argies should ease through in second. Anything other than this would be a shock.
Graham Henry reckons having an easy group is a disadvantage as you don't get up to speed which is a valid point. Said he would swap with Australia. Not sure about that but I think Ireland have it about right...
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote:
Graham Henry reckons having an easy group is a disadvantage as you don't get up to speed which is a valid point. Said he would swap with Australia. Not sure about that but I think Ireland have it about right...

Yerra I don't know about this from Graham Henry. I think its a bit of a get-out excuse if things go wrong.

Agree on Ireland. I'm happy with our group.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Tough going out there for Namibia as expected.

Then again, didn't they beat Ireland many moons ago on one of those end of season tours when the players probably just went on the lash?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

terrible game.