Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RWC - Group C

Post by Snipe Watson »

Turned into a borefest.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

So many errors, reset scrums, video ref calls.... all the worst aspects of rugby, god help anyone who paid to watch this crap.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That was rubbish
Glad I didn't go now
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I went.

The game had its moments.

The seats near the tunnel have the largest legroom and, especially, side room than any ground I've been to.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Getting back to the trains was a bit of a challenge of course, not so much due to the volume of fans, but in terms of trying to find a gap though the hordes of volunteers/do-gooders desperately trying to engage you in conversation and obtain feedback about one's game day experience.

They call themselves "The Pack" I think and I hear they're coming to the Kingspan any time now.

Of course, whether you regard them as a mildly intrusive irritant or bit of gloss on your evening's entertainment is a matter for you.

Some of them get to climb up a bit of a tower and shout platitudes at you with a megaphone.

Fair play to the eagle-eyed wee lass who spotted my fleece and shouted "Stand up for the Ulstermen" !
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Namibia were better than I thought they would be. NZ were decent in the 1st half, but the 2nd half was pretty average. Reckon NZ have a bad fixture line-up in their pool playing the Pumas 1st, games v Namibia, Georgia and Tonga might leave them "undercooked" for the QFs.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

justinr73 wrote: Fair play to the eagle-eyed wee lass who spotted my fleece and shouted "Stand up for the Ulstermen" !
Curly blonde hair by any chance ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:Namibia were better than I thought they would be. NZ were decent in the 1st half, but the 2nd half was pretty average. Reckon NZ have a bad fixture line-up in their pool playing the Pumas 1st, games v Namibia, Georgia and Tonga might leave them "undercooked" for the QFs.
Maybe the only straw to clutch at if we have to play them.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

solidarity wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Namibia were better than I thought they would be. NZ were decent in the 1st half, but the 2nd half was pretty average. Reckon NZ have a bad fixture line-up in their pool playing the Pumas 1st, games v Namibia, Georgia and Tonga might leave them "undercooked" for the QFs.
Having watched the ABs a fair bit this year, I don't particularly rate their set-piece. Scrum can be got at and they have no offensive rolling maul. Milne-skudder and Naholo are new wingers so could be pressurized. If you get your tactics right and are defensively immense, then this AB side is for sure beatable.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

solidarity wrote:
Having watched the ABs a fair bit this year, I don't particularly rate their set-piece. Scrum can be got at and they have no offensive rolling maul. Milne-skudder and Naholo are new wingers so could be pressurized. If you get your tactics right and are defensively immense, then this AB side is for sure beatable.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I agree, its not a vintage All Blacks side but the trouble is I am not sure if other sides are good enough to exploit their weaknesses.
So far the Aussies aseem the only team capable of matching them with that back row and talent out wide and there is always the knowledge that they are traditional world cup chokers outside of their own country.
I still fancy them to top their group though.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

bazzaj wrote:I agree, its not a vintage All Blacks side but the trouble is I am not sure if other sides are good enough to exploit their weaknesses.
So far the Aussies aseem the only team capable of matching them with that back row and talent out wide and there is always the knowledge that they are traditional world cup chokers outside of their own country.
Aye fair point, I almost forgot everyone else is gash... Ozzie, I had written off a while back but under Cheika they seem to have their mojo back. Set-piece looked good in the rugby championship and in Pocock and Hooper they have penalty-generating machines at the breakdown. England could win at home. Boks I had fancied pre-tournament but not off to the best start... Ireland can compete with anyone at full-strength. Not sure too many sides have the x-factor and are going set your pants on fire with excitement though. Falou, Aaron Smith and Milne-skudder set my pants on fire but not too many others.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

againstthehead wrote:
solidarity wrote:
Misplaced confidence. ABs will win the World Cup and all their games in the process.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

againstthehead wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I agree, its not a vintage All Blacks side but the trouble is I am not sure if other sides are good enough to exploit their weaknesses.
Aye fair point, I almost forgot everyone else is gash... Ozzie, I had written off a while back but under Cheika they seem to have their mojo back. Set-piece looked good in the rugby championship and in Pocock and Hooper they have penalty-generating machines at the breakdown. England could win at home. Boks I had fancied pre-tournament but not off to the best start... Ireland can compete with anyone at full-strength. Not sure too many sides have the x-factor and are going set your pants on fire with excitement though. Falou, Aaron Smith and Milne-skudder set my pants on fire but not too many others.
Add to that the South African 12.
When they remember to pick him.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Lot of stuff in the papers about NZ holding back on their gameplan and coming under a bit of pressure to start showing their hand. Interesting if true.