RWC - Group A

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RWC - Group A

Post by Jackie Brown »

Did the PRL not have a 'I have a dream' speech about spreading the game far and wide.

Nice fellas
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mikerob wrote: if the draw was done closer to the competition, there is always the chance that a decent team will be outside the top 8.
Engerland are 8th at the minute. Not sure if they are a "decent team" though :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Wicked Merv :lol:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
mikerob wrote: if the draw was done closer to the competition, there is always the chance that a decent team will be outside the top 8.
Engerland are 8th at the minute. Not sure if they are a "decent team" though :lol:
Ho ho ho. :santa:

Slap it intil the rascals.

There is no reason why a supposed big team should be protected from a tough draw if they are down the rankings. There are supposedly 9 "big teams", mathematics suggest it will happen again. Good news eh?

Ireland for years kept landing with "a big team" and the Argies who were pressing their case. In 2007 we suffered the fate of England - life through a Lens indeed :duck:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

4.45 am start for me tomorrow to watch Wales V Oz - arrrggghhh. Should be a good game though. Will be interesting to see if Oz can put in another big performance or whether Gatland can negate a few of the ozzie strengths. Surely Wales are missing too many players to push the ozzies hard. Expecting a reasonably comfortable win for Oz but hoping for something a little closer. Think Wales are going to have to go out with a nothing to lose attitude and get the off-loads going.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote:4.45 am start for me tomorrow to watch Wales V Oz - arrrggghhh.

We supposed to have sympathy? Gwan ya lazy árse, :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Should have slept in to half time... Game of chess in the 1st half which is what you expect from now on in the tournament really. Could be an expensive missed kick from Biggar. Ozzie scrum on top which could be the difference between the 2 sides.

Anyone watching the England game later?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

What are they going to talk about for 45 mins for the Uruguay build up? Will any fans turn up? Fek, hope Uruguay get a try...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

againstthehead wrote:What are they going to talk about for 45 mins for the Uruguay build up? Will any fans turn up? Fek, hope Uruguay get a try...
How were England so bad that they lost to two tier one nations in one tournament.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

againstthehead wrote: Anyone watching the England game later?
I have a policy of watching England until they're about 20 points up. Then I switch over.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

big mervyn wrote:
againstthehead wrote: Anyone watching the England game later?
I have a policy of watching England until they're about 20 points up. Then I switch over.

Fair point. Fair play to the fans for turning up. I couldn't stomach it if I were an English fan.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

South americans 3-0 up. Might switch off now :)
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:South americans 3-0 up. Might switch off now :)
Surprised the manchester massif didn't boo that 3 points
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
againstthehead wrote:South americans 3-0 up. Might switch off now :)
Surprised the manchester massif didn't boo that 3 points
Seems that the Twickers set are more boorish than their Northern counterparts.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

very brave defending from Uruguay. What standard would they be? Could Dungannon beat them?