Steady as she goes.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Steady as she goes.

Post by rumncoke »

Ok Rory be pedantic Canada and the USA don't have the same ranking as All Blacks ,France or England
And I
Never intended to infer that they did what I was referring to was that Ireland play France at home and win would be equated to Ireland playing France in Paris and that AI s rate as highly as 6N where the teams play each other once whereas in the SH the teams normally play each other twice home and away And the time spent travelling is longer which could effect performances

For that reason I consider rankings to be a guide but not a fact.
I would expect Ireland to be beaten about 2 out of 3 games against South Africa or Australia and while those teams have beaten the All Blacks It is a feat yet to be achieve by Ireland who have played the ABs 28 times lost 27 drawn 1
Australia have played the ABs 154 times winning 42 times 25 times in Australia 15 times in NZ and of the 4 games played in a neutral venue they have 50% record .

I would consider those records to be a better reflection of a country's ranking than something which
fails to properly record like for like .

As I say I consider current rankings a weak guide rather than a fact .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Steady as she goes.

Post by mikerob »

Rum - I'd suggest googling "world rugby rankings" and read how they are calculated as you still have things wrong.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:Ok Rory be pedantic Canada and the USA don't have the same ranking as All Blacks ,France or England
And I
Never intended to infer that they did what I was referring to was that Ireland play France at home and win would be equated to Ireland playing France in Paris and that AI s rate as highly as 6N where the teams play each other once whereas in the SH the teams normally play each other twice home and away And the time spent travelling is longer which could effect performances

For that reason I consider rankings to be a guide but not a fact.
I would expect Ireland to be beaten about 2 out of 3 games against South Africa or Australia and while those teams have beaten the All Blacks It is a feat yet to be achieve by Ireland who have played the ABs 28 times lost 27 drawn 1
Australia have played the ABs 154 times winning 42 times 25 times in Australia 15 times in NZ and of the 4 games played in a neutral venue they have 50% record .

I would consider those records to be a better reflection of a country's ranking than something which
fails to properly record like for like .

As I say I consider current rankings a weak guide rather than a fact .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Facts are for pedants, apparently.

Few sandwiches short of a picnic, aren't ye rumn :roll:
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

NZ, until the 70s played Ireland about once every 15-20 years. NZ have only ever failed to beat Ireland when I've been there, a fact sadly lost in the ESPN archive of rugby facts.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:NZ, until the 70s played Ireland about once every 15-20 years. NZ have only ever failed to beat Ireland when I've been there, a fact sadly lost in the ESPN archive of rugby facts.
Right, that settles it. If we have to face NZ at this RWC us good folk on UAFC have to ensure we can manage to secure a ticket for Baggy. It really is our only chance of success. Gwan Baggy - Ireland's secret weapon. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.