Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Has bandy legs been in trouble lately? I'm struggling to think of any recent incidents. Maybe he's learned to control himself.
His YC v the Blues on this tour would be the most recent.
Image oops!

The fact is Shammy that his first two involvements in that game after coming on as a sub was two tackles on players in the air. He is a feckin' liability.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Farrell is very highly rated Spiffers possibly one of the few Lions players that were in the sh.
I think Ford would have acted as a turnstile in New Zealand and Farrell has outperformed Sexton this season so deserved the start in his favoured position.
Now he's got to back it up.
Paddy Jackson has also outperformed Sexton this year and at international level Paddy's kicking stats have been absolutely remarkable. Between injury and bad form, Sexton is a lucky man to be on the tour.

I just hope Farrell has one of those days I so delight in when he looks all gurny as if about to cry. In summary safe to say I hate his guts and wish him a disastrous performance. I'll not go so far as to hope he breaks his leg, that is just poor form, however, if it happened......... well, I wouldn't cry over it. Don't like the way he plays, cheapshit merchants make my rage get out of kilter.

As for Sexton, is this his BOD moment, the time when everyone sees the best is in the past? He's had a woeful season.
I have just discovered that Paddy Jackson has kicked 33 of his last 34 kicks in international rugby.

Now that is beyond Farrell.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:Where have you been?
Out and about big Dave enjoying the hot climate.
Did you miss me?
Was worried. No Bazza​, on the week before the first test!
I know Dave no time to go Mia.
Back in the ball game now!
Really glad you didn't Jizzer >EW :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Farrell is very highly rated Spiffers possibly one of the few Lions players that were in the sh.
I think Ford would have acted as a turnstile in New Zealand and Farrell has outperformed Sexton this season so deserved the start in his favoured position.
Paddy Jackson has also outperformed Sexton this year and at international level Paddy's kicking stats have been absolutely remarkable. Between injury and bad form, Sexton is a lucky man to be on the tour.

I just hope Farrell has one of those days I so delight in when he looks all gurny as if about to cry. In summary safe to say I hate his guts and wish him a disastrous performance. I'll not go so far as to hope he breaks his leg, that is just poor form, however, if it happened......... well, I wouldn't cry over it. Don't like the way he plays, cheapshit merchants make my rage get out of kilter.

As for Sexton, is this his BOD moment, the time when everyone sees the best is in the past? He's had a woeful season.
I have just discovered that Paddy Jackson has kicked 33 of his last 34 kicks in international rugby.

Rum will chirp up about Tier 2 soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I have just discovered that Paddy Jackson has kicked 33 of his last 34 kicks in international rugby.

Held back by Ruan

https://www.eirsport.ie/jackson-trusts-the-routine
Jackson says he has noticed the improvement since he took over from Montpellier-bound Ruan Pienaar as Ulster's regular kicker, and hopes to add to his international points tally in Saturday's second and final Test against Japan at the Ajinomoto Stadium

"Kicking, especially goal-kicking, has been a huge work-on for me from the get-go. Especially with Ruan being there at Ulster, I missed out on a lot of kicking opportunities to grow," Jackson told the Times {Ireland].

"At times I was coming into international games raw, having not kicked for my province. Now I have stepped up and taken hold of the reins, having realised how I needed to be getting that experience week in week out.
Nuci likes PJ
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote: Rum will chirp up about Tier 2 soon

More likely to score tries against Tier 2 nations than Tier 1 nations therefore more conversion kicks. Conversions are closer to the posts than long range penalties therefore higher kicking stats :lol:

Keith Earls makes conversions more difficult due to his lack of understanding of positioning, he dots the ball down out wide rather than running under the posts to make the conversion easier. You will note Sextons stats dip when playing with Earls and he scores a try.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

More likely to score tries against Tier 2 nations than Tier 1 nations therefore more conversion kicks. Conversions are closer to the posts than long range penalties therefore higher kicking stats Image
Illuminati confirmed

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lol Russ
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Has bandy legs been in trouble lately? I'm struggling to think of any recent incidents. Maybe he's learned to control himself.
His YC v the Blues on this tour would be the most recent.
Image oops!

The fact is Shammy that his first two involvements in that game after coming on as a sub was two tackles on players in the air. He is a feckin' liability.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40364611

It's not as though Gatand isn't aware of the risk. Fair play to him for taking it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Extra frustrating that he missed 2 sitters against Munster to lose us two games.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Anyone else hoping Hayley Westenra does their anthem?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

More likely to score tries against Tier 2 nations than Tier 1 nations therefore more conversion kicks. Conversions are closer to the posts than long range penalties therefore higher kicking stats :lol:

Keith Earls makes conversions more difficult due to his lack of understanding of positioning, he dots the ball down out wide rather than running under the posts to make the conversion easier. You will note Sextons stats dip when playing with Earls and he scores a try.
Makes no diff to Paddy - he's been banging them over from the touchline for fun.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gatland picks two guys for playing decently against Chiefs Seconds ...................... and he is being applauded for his decisions. :shock: Why not pick the rest of the team from that clearly magnificent performance against players who someday may or may not be fine players?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Gatland picks two guys for playing decently against Chiefs Seconds ...................... and he is being applauded for his decisions. :shock: Why not pick the rest of the team from that clearly magnificent performance against players who someday may or may not be fine players?
lol, fair point. I was kinda beginning to respect Gatland. He looked as though he knew what he was doing - dull and steady but with a gameplan and now he's done this... Interesting. Does he realise that the ABs are going to kick for 50 mins so he's going to try and counter attack? Or am I giving him too much credit? Every time I log on to check the weather for tomorrow, it bloody changes. Could be anything from dry to a monsoon...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Extra frustrating that he missed 2 sitters against Munster to lose us two games.
It's the added pressure, nothing is more important than playing for Ulster. Ireland? Fuc'k Ireland, wee Paddy may do the odd daft thing but I suspect he's not stupid, he knows he could kick his next 100 attempts for Ireland and Jokehunt will still be picking Sexton until Paddy is in his 30s when Paddy will be dubbed "the greatest outhalf that Ireland never really had" and then Jokehunt will start picking BIB Carberry - you know the young lad who is good at passing directly into touch and being charged down. :roll: