Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:In other news, Donald Trump doesn't like foreigners.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
He should be British :shock: :shock: :shock: We (I say we but I don't much like the idea of being a Brit) are about to build a wall in Calais to keep the Mexicans ............. sorry the migrants out.

Really Mrs May, making policy on ideas stolen from Syrup Trump. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I believe we'd like the migrants or French to pay for it but the French say Non & the migrants haven't a pot to pish in. :roll:

I assume none of these wall building politicians have ever here of the words, "suction cups"? Even at my age I'd be over their wall before you could say "hot tamales". :lol:

Ándale arriba, arriba, epa, epa, epa.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Official then, Gatland to lead the Welsh pussycats sorry British Lions to NZ, expect more average Welshmen to get caps with a very average Captain Bread to lead....
Excellent news. Hopefully none of our lads on the "Ludicrous Lions" tour then :thumleft:
So it's official, as few as possible on the Ireland team, nobody travelling to watch them, and a complete boycott of this Lions frippery. My cup runneth over.

I'd found 25% of a feck, but I'll keep it for something else.

Have you all booked your tickets from the Pro12 final? Of course if by some fluke Ulster aren't in it, mine will go straight into the bin - feck, Leinster's Aviva Stadion.

I expect Ulster to win the Pro12 this season, if not, I'll be shocked. I also expect the league to be well worth watching this year, an example to all other leagues of how the sternest of pressure doesn't mean the rugby must be crap & for that it's thank you Connacht.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Honestly, does anyone here think the Lions have a prayer of winning?

The super rugby teams will destroy them never mind the All Blacks.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Did better than me finding 0.25% of a feck, I can't even find a microfeck
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Did better than me finding 0.25% of a feck, I can't even find a microfeck
Ach Rooster, remember you are a much busier man than I am, what with wringing necks, keeping the incinerator going and generally minding the flockin' flockers. I on the other hand have to make up crap to keep me off the street corners so today, in preparation for hopefully leaving this horrible wee statelet in less than a year I scoured the house for fecks.

I found the 25% of one in the usual place, down the side of my big armchair, alongside three peanut M&Ms, a well seasoned conker, two tissues of dubious cleanliness and an unwrapped raspberry ruffle.

Sure that's a success.

Feck the FIRFU & Double Feck the Lions & that Warren Gatland Warren Gatland.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I have so little interest, that I genuinely had to wrack my brain today to recall the series result of the last Antipodean adventure. It all came back eventually, BODgate an' all.

British Lions >flog since 1997
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:Did better than me finding 0.25% of a feck, I can't even find a microfeck
Ach Rooster, remember you are a much busier man than I am, what with wringing necks, keeping the incinerator going and generally minding the flockin' flockers. I on the other hand have to make up crap to keep me off the street corners so today, in preparation for hopefully leaving this horrible wee statelet in less than a year I scoured the house for fecks.

I found the 25% of one in the usual place, down the side of my big armchair, alongside three peanut M&Ms, a well seasoned conker, two tissues of dubious cleanliness and an unwrapped raspberry ruffle.

Sure that's a success.

Feck the FIRFU & Double Feck the Lions & that Warren Gatland Warren Gatland.
Baggster is there any truth in the rumour that you have a tattoo of Dylan Hartley on your left inner thigh and the Lions badge on your right inner thigh?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

thecrouch wrote:Honestly, does anyone here think the Lions have a prayer of winning?

The super rugby teams will destroy them never mind the All Blacks.
I think the British Lions may win the praying competition.

As for the rugby they are only there to make up the numbers, all the ones which will be feeding into the NZRU's bank account.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Greenmoon
Novice

Post by Greenmoon »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
shamalicious wrote:In other news, Donald Trump doesn't like foreigners.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
He should be British :shock: :shock: :shock: We (I say we but I don't much like the idea of being a Brit) are about to build a wall in Calais to keep the Mexicans ............. sorry the migrants out.

Really Mrs May, making policy on ideas stolen from Syrup Trump. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I believe we'd like the migrants or French to pay for it but the French say Non & the migrants haven't a pot to pish in. :roll:

I assume none of these wall building politicians have ever here of the words, "suction cups"? Even at my age I'd be over their wall before you could say "hot tamales". :lol:

Ándale arriba, arriba, epa, epa, epa.

As someone said recently, "The only thing a 15 foot wall leads to is a market for a 16 foot ladder"
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Never been to a Lions game so got some tickets for the Blues match - about 25 quid each. Test tickets will be like gold-dust and no doubt mopped up by touts.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

againstthehead wrote:Never been to a Lions game so got some tickets for the Blues match - about 25 quid each. Test tickets will be like gold-dust and no doubt mopped up by touts.
The test matches have gone to a ballot - you needed to sign-up, be a coach at some level and other qualifying criteria to get into the ballot in the first place, but even then there were I think 140,000 entries. The winners in the ballot have been/are being notified now and tickets are up for grabs for those successful next Friday. Then the scalping will start. There's already tickets on a touting site going for $1400 per ticket for a test match.

I've bought for Chiefs, NZ Maori ABs and The NZ Baa-Baas which will allow for trips to Whangarei and Rotorua. Did you not enter the ballot in the end?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I used my .25 of a feck on the last Ulster match & look where that got me. :duh:

Expect to see the Lions hugely embarrassed & hope no Ulstermen are involved.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Crusoe wrote: There's already tickets on a touting site going for $1400 per ticket for a test match.
That is sad.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Crusoe wrote: There's already tickets on a touting site going for $1400 per ticket for a test match.
That is sad.
Not mention a serious waste of cash on a non-event.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Crusoe wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Never been to a Lions game so got some tickets for the Blues match - about 25 quid each. Test tickets will be like gold-dust and no doubt mopped up by touts.
The test matches have gone to a ballot - you needed to sign-up, be a coach at some level and other qualifying criteria to get into the ballot in the first place, but even then there were I think 140,000 entries. The winners in the ballot have been/are being notified now and tickets are up for grabs for those successful next Friday. Then the scalping will start. There's already tickets on a touting site going for $1400 per ticket for a test match.

I've bought for Chiefs, NZ Maori ABs and The NZ Baa-Baas which will allow for trips to Whangarei and Rotorua. Did you not enter the ballot in the end?
Entered the Ballot but no luck. Couple of folk at work picked up 4 each. 1400 NZD sounds about right for the scalpers. I've seen Ireland tickets at Croker go for more than 1000 NZD. Maori game should be a memorable game I would have thought - good work.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'