Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tom Court

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Once a Knight wrote: Really?

I'm sorry if it comes across that I'm shedding any tears. I thought I was making a fairly valid point that the southern media tend to focus on the Southern teams. I don't think is bias for them to do so. Just demographics. Equally, if they had seen some of Tom Courts performances for Ulster he may well have had a different narrative to his career.

Only a bit of a joke Sir(Unfunny as it was) and a chance to post a nice picture. :D

I'm not overly concerned with the media as some are. Honestly I don't tend to read an awful lot of the spewings from the establishment media as such exposure can have a debilitating impact on you.
Would you two big lassies kiss and make up for goodness sake. :roll: :roll:
Can't be doin with that old nonsense today..........
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: ]
Would you two big lassies kiss and make up for goodness sake. :roll: :roll:
Can't be doin with that old nonsense today..........

Snipe the peacemaker. Gwan ya good thing. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:I'm just shocked that Kilcoyne has caps to his name.

A bit part prap in the pro12 at best
Are Munster fans gurning about how badly he has been treated?

No, we've got more class than you whingers, G'wan Munster. :cheers:
I have a fearsome vision of you sitting in your Munster top sweltering in the heat of Johnny Diego land with a copy Eric Cairns guide to buying property in Spain whilst tapping out your thoughts to all your new comrades on Munster Fans. :lol:

For the avoidance of doubt there is much whinging about "Killer" from time to time. There was much whinging about Zebo initially not be called out. They were apoplectic about Tom Court getting a Lions cap.

Your new chums can whinge like liginds - just like others.

I do apologise for making a particular point about Tom Court on a thread about Tom Court. :lol:
Don't apologise Mister, it's a sign of weakness ............as is provincially biased gurning. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Munster top at home and as well you know I refuse EVER to visit Munsterfans. That will not change.

Eric Cairns is a chicken teaser who is banned from Neds in Holywood, making Neds the finest bar to visit in Holywood - despite what others may say - just as long as you miss the business chubes on a Friday evening. A quality of stout worth a wee free train ride from Bengor-on-Sea for pensioners. :stout:

De End.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:I'm just shocked that Kilcoyne has caps to his name.

A bit part prap in the pro12 at best
Are Munster fans gurning about how badly he has been treated?

No, we've got more class than you whingers, G'wan Munster. :cheers:
I have a fearsome vision of you sitting in your Munster top sweltering in the heat of Johnny Diego land with a copy Eric Cairns guide to buying property in Spain whilst tapping out your thoughts to all your new comrades on Munster Fans. :lol:
What is the Spanish for "nat on my meagre stipend Juan"? :scratch:
"No en mi exiguo estipendio, Juan" , you've been helped Snipe. >EW

Actually one's estipendio is stretchng very nicely here. €1.169 for deisel is a rare gift and the carne is cheaper than a beg of chips. BBQ & salad my staple at Casa del Baggio, cheaper than a McDonalds FFS, though I have bought massive steaks from Carrefour for tonight that look a handlin', terribly expensive at around £3.75 for a sirloin/entrecote the size that would choke a donkey. Fer fack sake Sniper even my favourite Rioja Reserva, Marquis de Riscal is down from it's usual €14.99 to a mere €12.99, fer nathin.

Yes I think that my estipendio will do rather well here . :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That's great, :thumleft: I would hate to think you were having to made do with crappy wine......there's no call for it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Baggy should enlist the help of one of those "Place in the Sun" bints and give us all a bit of daytime TV entertainment.
That would be priceless....... :lol:
Daytime TV?

After the watershed, shirley! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Baggy should enlist the help of one of those "Place in the Sun" bints and give us all a bit of daytime TV entertainment.
Daytime TV?

After the watershed, shirley! :lol:
He'd be on his best behaviour.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
It's a thought............. my problem would be the wee chatty bit over a glass of something that nobody seems to drink. Certainly I like a chat, indeed there are those consider me verbose, but normally you get the backstory of someone's cat dying & they thought "yeah ...... so it was then I decided to change my life really".

I suspect Dave or Channel 4 or whoever makes the programmes might struggle with ..... "I'll tell you what Kirsty love, I've put up with head the balls & loony bins for far too long so I have & those Orangebastards are sending me round the friggin' bend so I thought, right Dave boy .........offski, lets make like hockey players and get the puck outta here .......... no what I mean Kirsty, do I have to draw you a diagram love? Norn Iron's fu@ked love so it is"................ "an anor thing, Kirsty, see if you show me wan more dunderin'in this day, I'll loss ma bap so I will. I'm a discerning individual & I want quality, enough of your fu@kin ould tat or I'll ate the bake off yee, capiche bitcho?"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil F wrote:
Shan wrote:Neil F - Very good points and showing yet again the value of visting this place. Think you should charge for your output. If you were paid by the word you'd be a wealthy man in a very short space of time. :D :D
Now, now, Shan. I'm sure the last thing anyone needs is for someone create incentives for me to be even more pleonastic... :lol:
Pleonastic you say Neil............. :scratch: ........was that when the dinosaurs, except the Orangemen, died out? :D

By the way, like Shan I enjoy your post, unlike Shan, I think it's not unlike his Grace's but longer........ & equally wrong. This is just another of the many cases in Ireland North South & East & ........... well maybe not West , but just another sad tail of a man who was wronged.

Wronged? Wronged you say, if you have a spare 5 years let me take you through a life of someone who really has been wronged.

Nah, I like TC, but he was't near top international level ...........though as I always add, that doesn;t make him either a poor player or less than nearly but no cigar at international level.

Oh yeah chaps, we could debate this until there is rugby to talk about ..... but really, why not cut the bullshit & accept I'm right, it would save so much crap. >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
It's a thought............. my problem would be the wee chatty bit over a glass of something that nobody seems to drink. Certainly I like a chat, indeed there are those consider me verbose, but normally you get the backstory of someone's cat dying & they thought "yeah ...... so it was then I decided to change my life really".

I suspect Dave or Channel 4 or whoever makes the programmes might struggle with ..... "I'll tell you what Kirsty love, I've put up with head the balls & loony bins for far too long so I have & those Orangebastards are sending me round the friggin' bend so I thought, right Dave boy .........offski, lets make like hockey players and get the puck outta here .......... no what I mean Kirsty, do I have to draw you a diagram love? Norn Iron's fu@ked love so it is"................ "an anor thing, Kirsty, see if you show me wan more dunderin'in this day, I'll loss ma bap so I will. I'm a discerning individual & I want quality, enough of your fu@kin ould tat or I'll ate the bake off yee, capiche bitcho?"
That's what Escape to the Continent needs. A gritty special.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
This is just another of the many cases in Ireland North South & East & ........... well maybe not West , but just another sad tail of a man who was wronged.

Shocking. I may not have thought Tom Court was the greatest player ever but I would never stoop so low as to suggest he'd be better off running about a farmyard or a zoo. Surprised at you old boy. :D
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Shan wrote:Neil F - Very good points and showing yet again the value of visting this place. Think you should charge for your output. If you were paid by the word you'd be a wealthy man in a very short space of time. :D :D
Now, now, Shan. I'm sure the last thing anyone needs is for someone create incentives for me to be even more pleonastic... :lol:
Pleonastic you say Neil............. :scratch: ........was that when the dinosaurs, except the Orangemen, died out? :D

By the way, like Shan I enjoy your post, unlike Shan, I think it's not unlike his Grace's but longer........ & equally wrong. This is just another of the many cases in Ireland North South & East & ........... well maybe not West , but just another sad tail of a man who was wronged.

Wronged? Wronged you say, if you have a spare 5 years let me take you through a life of someone who really has been wronged.

Nah, I like TC, but he was't near top international level ...........though as I always add, that doesn;t make him either a poor player or less than nearly but no cigar at international level.

Oh yeah chaps, we could debate this until there is rugby to talk about ..... but really, why not cut the bullshit & accept I'm right, it would save so much crap. >EW
No real disagreement here, Baggy - as I said, Court could never have got near what Healy has become, for example. Never would have been a top international. But I still think that had he played under a better management regime that Ireland would have got more out of him at international level than we saw. On that basis, I have a lot of sympathy with what Tom has said here, although he is far from the only player who has the right to, in my opinion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
This is just another of the many cases in Ireland North South & East & ........... well maybe not West , but just another sad tail of a man who was wronged.

Shocking. I may not have thought Tom Court was the greatest player ever but I would never stoop so low as to suggest he'd be better off running about a farmyard or a zoo. Surprised at you old boy. :D
Get up the yard ya pedant, FFFS I'm on me feckin' holliers, I had drink taken officer, I was probably on me feckin' kindle, I'll come quietly. >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fair enough Neil, I should of course have said, like Shan did, good to see you about the place. :thumleft:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Get up the yard ya pedant, FFFS I'm on me feckin' holliers, I had drink taken officer, I was probably on me feckin' kindle, I'll come quietly. >EW
:D Sorry Baggy. I couldn't resist.

Enjoy the hols ya auld fecker while poor old feckers like myself are working away with no end in sight.

No early retirement for me either, even if the national media doesn't think I'm the best in my position in the country. I'll have to keep fighting the good fight by day and cry myself to sleep every night. :lol: :lol: