Why I hate England.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Why I hate England.

Post by mikerob »

Dave wrote:One term Dave. The arrogant toff is talking about potential third term arrangements. He won't run because he doesn't want a third term. He hasn't even got a second yet. He didn't even win the first.
Dave has given next dibs to his old school mate Boris. Being PM is just like being head of house, dontcha know.

Mind you, Blair and Brown were hardly much better with their agreement.
Roll away 5
Novice

Post by Roll away 5 »

Ashton and Farrell. >sniper
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

mikerob wrote:
Dave wrote:One term Dave. The arrogant toff is talking about potential third term arrangements. He won't run because he doesn't want a third term. He hasn't even got a second yet. He didn't even win the first.
Dave has given next dibs to his old school mate Boris. Being PM is just like being head of house, dontcha know.

Mind you, Blair and Brown were hardly much better with their agreement.
Brown and Blair always despised each other. Brown especially hated Blair because he wanted him to step down sooner rather than later, as Blair was making the labour party an increasing liability. Dave, George and Boris are all cosy little bullingdon inbreds.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This:
RFU chief executive, Ian Ritchie, has described England’s runner-up status in the Six Nations four years in succession as "unacceptable".
Ritchie has expressed his concern at England’s inability to secure the title that they have come so close to claiming in each of the seasons since Stuart Lancaster took over the reins in 2012.
Last Saturday was the closest they have come to lifting the RBS Six Nations when they came within six points of Ireland after a tumultuous final day of action, beating France 55-35 at Twickenham but still coming up short.
“Four years as runners-up is not acceptable and we are not happy with how that came about,” said Ritchie. “If you go back through history, we should as a country be winning more in terms of Grand Slams, Six Nations, championships, other things.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:This:
RFU chief executive, Ian Ritchie, has described England’s runner-up status in the Six Nations four years in succession as "unacceptable".
Ritchie has expressed his concern at England’s inability to secure the title that they have come so close to claiming in each of the seasons since Stuart Lancaster took over the reins in 2012.
Last Saturday was the closest they have come to lifting the RBS Six Nations when they came within six points of Ireland after a tumultuous final day of action, beating France 55-35 at Twickenham but still coming up short.
“Four years as runners-up is not acceptable and we are not happy with how that came about,” said Ritchie. “If you go back through history, we should as a country be winning more in terms of Grand Slams, Six Nations, championships, other things.
Lancaster out
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:Lancaster out
He has definitely gone down hill since his performance in the Wars of the Roses.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Will Greenwood replied to said England players, when the English lads watch the quality of Ireland's performance they may change their views of Scotland. Ireland were brilliant.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

scrum5 wrote:Will Greenwood replied to said England players, when the English lads watch the quality of Ireland's performance they may change their views of Scotland. Ireland were brilliant.
I like Greenwood, a good egg.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Greenwood is an Ulsterman through and through
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Will Greenwood replied to said England players, when the English lads watch the quality of Ireland's performance they may change their views of Scotland. Ireland were brilliant.
I like Greenwood, a good egg.
Me too. Can't work out how some don't. I remember him starting the School of Hard Knocks on Sky. Personally busted his hump to get those guys jobs. Decent skin.
I recall Greenwood saying before an Ireland England match that Stephen Ferris would be worth the entrance price on his own. His enthusiasm seems to be for the game, not just 'his' team. I like Scott Quinnell as well liked him as a player and I like him as a pundit.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Enthusiasm Snipe, that's exactly it. His passion for rugby is a breath of fresh air when compared with some of the banal dross served up elsewhere.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yes. The RFU Chief Executive should be saying England are no good and should not be thinking of trying to win the 6n or anything else.

Would ya get up the fecking yard for feck sake.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

If we had England's player pool, we would be expecting to win it every year. It's not as if they are over run with foreigners like the French.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Shan wrote:
Yes. The RFU Chief Executive should be saying England are no good and should not be thinking of trying to win the 6n or anything else.

Yes must say I would agree with Shan and also Ritchie. He's the RFU Chief Exec, not unlike our own beloved Lt. Col.

They have the biggest adult male playing population in world rugby if I am not mistaken. They have a decent league and some decent strength in depth in most positions.

The law of averages would suggest they should have won at least once in the past four seasons, if not more.

Ireland have, in theory, overperformed in most 6N over the last decade even when we were falling short of actual championships.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BuckRogers wrote:
Shan wrote:

Yes must say I would agree with Shan and also Ritchie. He's the RFU Chief Exec, not unlike our own beloved Lt. Col.

They have the biggest adult male playing population in world rugby if I am not mistaken. They have a decent league and some decent strength in depth in most positions.

The law of averages would suggest they should have won at least once in the past four seasons, if not more.

Ireland have, in theory, overperformed in most 6N over the last decade even when we were falling short of actual championships.
No question we punch above our weight. We have the best system in the northern hemisphere and at least some of that success is down to the structures in place. Having said that the IRFU were blessed with a ready made structure for our four teams where Wales have struggled to overcome local rivalries and infighting while the Scots have made a total hash of it.
During this period after the 6N and before the RWC, we can get back to complaining about the player management programme and D4 interference. :D