WHERE NOW FOR FRENCH RUGBY

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

WHERE NOW FOR FRENCH RUGBY

Post by rumncoke »

After a fourth place in the 6 nations will the French Union start to reclaim control over their clubs and stop the import of foreign players ?

Will they limit the number of foreign players who can be named in a match day 23

Will the Super Duper Cup organisers also apply a similar quota system to ensure a level playing field ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: WHERE NOW FOR FRENCH RUGBY

Post by Jackie Brown »

Needs to happen but the horse has bolted, clubs are too powerful.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

rumncoke wrote:After a fourth place in the 6 nations will the French Union start to reclaim control over their clubs and stop the import of foreign players ?

Will they limit the number of foreign players who can be named in a match day 23

Will the Super Duper Cup organisers also apply a similar quota system to ensure a level playing field ?
I think they'll move further down the road of declaring South Africa as an Overseas Department of France so that France will be able to select some better players :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though it is about time that ALL the Unions got a grip on the number of imports allowed to play in their competitions.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

They need a good coach for starters.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:This would be the same France who have opened an Academy in Fiji to recruit "French players"?

Je ne peux pas trouver une baise à donner.

In Ulster parlance, "they're good meat for it".
I'll have you know young man, some or many of us are semi-fluent in Franglais. :thumleft:

Je ne donne pas une baise non plus, ni puis-je trouver une malgré une recherche approfondie.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hear that that twatte who owns Toulon wants players to be able to declare for the country of their choice, so he never has to hire a surrender monkey again.

Incidentally, highlight of the weekend was Vile Nugent keeking himself with excitement when Nige gave their late penalty, "Ireland are the champions" he exploded, only to splutter in shock when the French ran the ball from their own line. Clearly Vile expected the entire world of rugby on the same page as the Irish, he must have envisioned hordes of Johnny Onions clapping a hand to their brows crying " Quelle horreur, les mauvais Irlandaise, les Francaise sont stupide", not realising that nobody outside of Ireland gave a flying feck whether or not Ireland were champions.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

France will be semi finalist...
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Rumn has started a thread. Rumn has used reasonably accurate punctuation (title is all-capitals, but some of the uestion marks were almost on target). Does this mean the apocalypse approacheth?
It's the hope that kills you.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

France still has many great players with skill, physicality and the old Gallic flair. All they need is a good coach and a bit of organization and they will challenge any team. Imagine what Joe Schmidt could do with the players availale to France.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have the most baffling question of all time relating to England v France yesterday.

The remarkable Vincent Debaty. How does a loosehead prop run that distance in support and finish a try so well after 60 minutes of a game which was bloody fast and furious? Magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2kPYfbcSms
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:France will be semi finalist...
I wouldn't doubt that, if they had anyone close to Schmidt as a coach, they would be contenders. Mind you it has to be said it was a bizarre game, 12 trys. France just kept coming back again & again & again. We were lucky, if England had been playing either Scotland or Italy they would have scored 100. France never threw in the towel. :cheers:

An in-bred hatred of Le Rosbifs is a wonderful thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have the most baffling question of all time relating to England v France yesterday.

The remarkable Vincent Debaty. How does a loosehead prop run that distance in support and finish a try so well after 60 minutes of a game which was bloody fast and furious? Magnificent.

On any other day his show of pace would have been the biggest talking point of the day, but instead, it was lost in the welter of remarkable events. Good call.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Great to see the French playing... well... French rugby yesterday. Then again, everyone was playing French rugby and the results went the way of the teams playing the best French rugby. So, will anyone have the courage to play this rugby going into the RWC? Who knows? Somehow, I doubt it, sadly.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have the most baffling question of all time relating to England v France yesterday.

Did he bust himself scoring the try as he was hauled ashore straight after, or was he already busted, which would make the try even more remarkable.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Over 2,300 non French players in all leagues. Mourad at Toulon wants to but them all, just to be on the safe side.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.