Hook has a go at Payne

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Hook has a go at Payne

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Joe has a go at Hook:
"I was incredibly disappointed with one of the so-called pundits slating one of our midfield last weekend when I thought he'd played a good game. He made a couple of line breaks and was dead solid defensively."

"That sort of thing, when we're trying to build confidence in players, filters back and I don't think it helps. I don't think it's accurate, it's one of those unfortunate by-products of having people for entertainment value as opposed to people who are a little bit more in-depth in their analysis."

Oh where will it end?
Let's hope Joe didn't read my instie bant with Sean Doyle over Payne then
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
"I was incredibly disappointed with one of the so-called pundits slating one of our midfield last weekend when I thought he'd played a good game. He made a couple of line breaks and was dead solid defensively."

"That sort of thing, when we're trying to build confidence in players, filters back and I don't think it helps. I don't think it's accurate, it's one of those unfortunate by-products of having people for entertainment value as opposed to people who are a little bit more in-depth in their analysis."

Oh where will it end?
Let's hope Joe didn't read my instie bant with Sean Doyle over Payne then
Russ could I ask you to please stick to the Queen's English? It is the first and in some cases only language of most of us who are grey of hair and burdened with wisdom. :thumleft:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Oh where will it end?
Dry your eyes Joe.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jared Payne, so-called Irishman?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Well if Joe doesn't stand up for his player, who will? Hook was bang out of order.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Jared Payne, so-called Irishman?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: said JB "so-called" poster. >EW

I am 100% with Hook, if Payne says with Ulster for as long as he plays rugby before heading back to his own country, which he misses hugely, he will never be an Ulsterman or Irishman. He will simply have played for both as a mercenary. He has more similarity to an Afoa than a Muller or Pienaar, both proud Saffers, both delighted to stay here and committed............ like Ulstermen, not a big sacrifice, a pleasure it would appear for Ruan, committed to 7 years with us and not for the biggest contract he could get.

When asked if moving here was a sacrifice Jihadi Jared said "It's a fairly big one, isn't it?"

Really? Doesn't sound as if he is anything but professionally committed. His prerogative of course, I certainly wouldn't want to be a feckin' untrustworthy kiwi, he presumably is simply "a bogtrotter of convenience". Absolutely 100% fair enough, just don't expect us to love you Jihad.

I hate Kiwis - except Fat Nick of course, Fat Nick is a class guy ................ for a kiwi. Mind you I can think of one I'd make an exception for. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Well if Joe doesn't stand up for his player, who will? Hook was bang out of order.
Snipe, you are being almost as myopic as some of the morons I referred to earlier, amongst whose number I do not include you, as well you know. And Hook wasn't out of order, he phrased it badly, no more than that, but the point he was making is entirely valid as a debate, if not everybody's held view on projects in general & Jihad's ability or lack of at 13 in particular.

My problem with Fibber Joe is not that he defends Jihad, far from it, that's fine & as it should be. It is that he deliberately misinterprets so-called George Hook's so-called punditry, to try to land a blow on him, rather than addressing the valid point that Hook made, albeit in a clumsy way, to allow people the chance to brush off his accurate viewpoint as mere racism.

This is Ireland's so-called coach, Fibber Joe, attempting to ward off a perfectly sensible objection to his ham-fisted selection without actually confronting the real issue - Jihad's unsuitability at 13 - rather than the real intention of so-called George Hook, a man who plays a role on that panel but as most with a brain understand, more often right than wrong.

Don't fall for so-called Fibber Joe's bullcrap Snipe, you're much better than that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy " except Fat Nick " his time will come for the wrath of Baggy

Why he is penalty machine unfortunately when he hits a ruck . He telegraphs the hit the target only has to fall backwards or move aside and Nick is pinged for over the top .

At ruck time Nick would be better employed as a gate watchman on the side because he arrives late and therefore fails to get over and down to win the ball . But as I say give him time Baggy to boil your water .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Hook has a go at Payne

Post by rumncoke »

Regarding Payne and Hook and Joe only two of the three actually know what he was told and expected to do before he went on the pitch and only two know if that was achieved .

Given a packed cross field defence and therefore a flat back line the opportunities to create anything in the mid field was zero.

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Well if Joe doesn't stand up for his player, who will? Hook was bang out of order.
Snipe, you are being almost as myopic as some of the morons I referred to earlier, amongst whose number I do not include you, as well you know. And Hook wasn't out of order, he phrased it badly, no more than that, but the point he was making is entirely valid as a debate, if not everybody's held view on projects in general & Jihad's ability or lack of at 13 in particular.

My problem with Fibber Joe is not that he defends Jihad, far from it, that's fine & as it should be. It is that he deliberately misinterprets so-called George Hook's so-called punditry, to try to land a blow on him, rather than addressing the valid point that Hook made, albeit in a clumsy way, to allow people the chance to brush off his accurate viewpoint as mere racism.

This is Ireland's so-called coach, Fibber Joe, attempting to ward off a perfectly sensible objection to his ham-fisted selection without actually confronting the real issue - Jihad's unsuitability at 13 - rather than the real intention of so-called George Hook, a man who plays a role on that panel but as most with a brain understand, more often right than wrong.

Don't fall for so-called Fibber Joe's bullcrap Snipe, you're much better than that.
George's point is valid for debate, his points usually are. He is a shrewd old fox and talks sense more often than not. As I have said before my problem was less to do with what he said than the way he said it. Even then, I believe that he is often necessarily controversial in order to ignite a debate. I think on this occasion he was a bit too jingoistic and stepped over the mark.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy " except Fat Nick " his time will come for the wrath of Baggy

Why he is penalty machine unfortunately when he hits a ruck . He telegraphs the hit the target only has to fall backwards or move aside and Nick is pinged for over the top .

At ruck time Nick would be better employed as a gate watchman on the side because he arrives late and therefore fails to get over and down to win the ball . But as I say give him time Baggy to boil your water .

Any chance you could try that in English Rum'n?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:He runs like a donkey
Felix Jones has had a lot of flack here and on other Irish discussion boards, and I think a word of support is in order. We all acknowledge that he was a brilliant U20 Irish international with an apparently glittering future until a long and horrible string of injuries got in the way. It is only this season that he has had a decent injury-free run. Yes, he runs like the little noddy horse in the back windee of your car. But he has reasonable speed, is great under the high ball, is totally brave, would tackle anything that moves, puts his body on the line for the cause, and plays with total commitment. Could you say the same at the moment about the over-hyped showpony Kearney? It can be argued that Felix is not versatile enough for a bench spot, and that there are better options. That may be so. But don't blame him. He does not select himself. Fibber did not give him a run against Wales. Don't ask me why - he could harldy have been worse than this mates already on the pitch. I would have been quite happy to see him get a start at FB against Scotland, ahead of the disinterested Kearney. (Would play Zebo ahead of Kearney too). He would not let the side down and would at least play with some pride in the jersey. Maybe for once he'll get some decent game time, but don't hold yer breath.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
Felix Jones has had a lot of flack here and on other Irish discussion boards, and I think a word of support is in order. We all acknowledge that he was a brilliant U20 Irish international with an apparently glittering future until a long and horrible string of injuries got in the way. It is only this season that he has had a decent injury-free run. Yes, he runs like the little noddy horse in the back windee of your car. But he has reasonable speed, is great under the high ball, is totally brave, would tackle anything that moves, puts his body on the line for the cause, and plays with total commitment. Could you say the same at the moment about the over-hyped showpony Kearney? It can be argued that Felix is not versatile enough for a bench spot, and that there are better options. That may be so. But don't blame him. He does not select himself. Fibber did not give him a run against Wales. Don't ask me why - he could harldy have been worse than this mates already on the pitch. I would have been quite happy to see him get a start at FB against Scotland, ahead of the disinterested Kearney. (Would play Zebo ahead of Kearney too). He would not let the side down and would at least play with some pride in the jersey. Maybe for once he'll get some decent game time, but don't hold yer breath.
Yes. He does run like a donkey. That would have sufficed

God help us if we need 5 points tomorrow and we rely on Felix Jones
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Yes. He does run like a donkey. That would have sufficed

God help us if we need 5 points tomorrow and we rely on Felix Jones
And God help us if we are relying on Rob Kearney.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Russ wrote:5 points tomorrow
>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.