Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Feckin Romanians again. I thought it might be a mistake having Lisa Evans on the delegation.
since the majority of their players play in France, what else would you expect them to do
Vote for where the majority of their people live
Dublin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Racist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Feckin Romanians again. I thought it might be a mistake having Lisa Evans on the delegation.
since the majority of their players play in France, what else would you expect them to do
Vote for where the majority of their people live
Dublin

Racist
Even the most ardent SJW would fail to convince the authorities that what I said was racist

Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Frankly I expected nothing else from the totally objectionable Welsh but I expected to have the full support of the Scottish who many over here have a lot of sympathy for.
Hard as it is to say, good for the English, for now we know who our real friends in rugby are.
For the first time in my life I will be fully supporting England when the play Scotland and Wales and indeed hope they give them a good hammering.
Many will not agree with this view but frankly that is how I feel at the moment.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cracker wrote:Frankly I expected nothing else from the totally objectionable Welsh but I expected to have the full support of the Scottish who many over here have a lot of sympathy for.
Hard as it is to say, good for the English, for now we know who our real friends in rugby are.
For the first time in my life I will be fully supporting England when the play Scotland and Wales and indeed hope they give them a good hammering.
Many will not agree with this view but frankly that is how I feel at the moment.
Feel whatever way you want, maybe Wales and Scotland used good old common sense and not a blind loyalty to something that was never going to be successful . England are not our friends.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Why exactly was it never going to be successful?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'd love a rwc here but the plan was brad pitt
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Now we have all woke up and had our cornflakes we can get on with the real world.

At least the GAA will have to come up with some other plan to rebuild all their stadia.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:Now we have all woke up and had our cornflakes we can get on with the real world.

At least the GAA will have to come up with some other plan to rebuild all their stadia.
Thank feck

And feck Wales

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Cracker wrote:Why exactly was it never going to be successful?
Read the dam thread man.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

To some extent I can understand the Welsh and Scottish vote.

Their players visit Ireland 4 - 5 times a year know the Stadiums and Hotels etc so there isn’t to much to excite either the players or would be spectators compared to a visit to Paris - The Med - or the Alps

We are to accessible to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote:To some extent I can understand the Welsh and Scottish vote.

Their players visit Ireland 4 - 5 times a year know the Stadiums and Hotels etc so there isn’t to much to excite either the players or would be spectators compared to a visit to Paris - The Med - or the Alps

We are to accessible to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe England supported the Irish bid based on what was best for the English test XV competing (presumably) at the finals.

Perhaps the Scots and Welsh were more focused on other things.

Bid: "Hosting a RWC will increase player numbers, interest in rugby and levels of support..."
WRU/SRU : "Feck that - we don't need the Irish to be any stronger!"

Or perhaps they were just looking at the bigger picture of world rugby.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rumsplaining
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

At least France may benefit from some of the top teams actually basing their camps in the same country and some local rugby clubs and communities will also reap some benefit. Had it come to Ireland the English for one were going to remain in England as were New Zealand probably also Australia and South Africa who were all looking to base in England and only fly in for games...

I actually had a conversation with someone of the IRFU bid team and he couldn't advise me of a single rugby club in Northern Ireland that had been identified to benefit from the competition coming here and he agreed that some tops teams would likely base outside Ireland including all the home nations.

When I asked what was the most likely group game from say NZ v Wales or Australia V England or Scotland V France that was likely to be staged at Kingspan he agreed none because those games could attract 2-3 times the capacity and he agreed that Casement would likely get a bigger that Kingspan..

We do craic well but thats it...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:... he agreed that some tops teams would likely base outside Ireland including all the home nations.
It's about time Ireland got out of Dublin fer home matches. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:... he agreed that some tops teams would likely base outside Ireland including all the home nations.
It's about time Ireland got out of Dublin fer home matches. Image
They tried Belfast 10 years ago, but then that turned out not to be a home match after all.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk