All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
Shan wrote:Welsh should not have a vote and neither should Scotland. England decides everything for them in every other facet of their existence and rugby should be no different. As usual the English prove what decent folk they are while their dependents show what they are.

Anyway we didn't get it but I am glad that a decent country like France got it.

Hopefully next time England get the world cup they tell their two attached provinces to f-ck off if they think they are getting any games.
Us Lionels are good eggs.
I'll give you this Lionel, the Lionels may be utter kunts at times but in rugby, every now and again they come through.

I was one of the 50000 approx that gave them about a 5 minute standing ovation*** in 1973 after our "Celtic Cousins" stabbed us in the back in 1972 and deprived Ireland of a Grand Slam after Ireland had won their 2 away games in Paris & London, France then arrived in April in Dublin and lost again.

Then both England & France got the show back on the road again in 1973 to save the 5Ns.

*** 5 minutes loud applause may not sound like a lot, try applauding for 1 minute, it's fecking awful. :lol:

Still, let's all look on the bright side, at least Ireland will not be embarrassed by staging a rugby competition in areas where rugby is barely played.

2nd prize: the GAA can dickie up their stadia at their own expense

The slight benefit: we always knew the Scots and Welsh are treacherous ballixes but it's always good to have your suspicions confirmed beyond doubt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
Shan wrote:Welsh should not have a vote and neither should Scotland. England decides everything for them in every other facet of their existence and rugby should be no different. As usual the English prove what decent folk they are while their dependents show what they are.

Anyway we didn't get it but I am glad that a decent country like France got it.

Hopefully next time England get the world cup they tell their two attached provinces to f-ck off if they think they are getting any games.
Us Lionels are good eggs.
I'll give you this Lionel, the Lionels may be utter kunts at times but in rugby, every now and again they come through.

I was one of the 50000 approx that gave them about a 5 minute standing ovation*** in 1973 after our "Celtic Cousins" stabbed us in the back in 1972 and deprived Ireland of a Grand Slam after Ireland had won their 2 away games in Paris & London, France then arrived in April in Dublin and lost again.

Then both England & France got the show back on the road again in 1973 to save the 5Ns.

*** 5 minutes loud applause may not sound like a lot, try applauding for 1 minute, it's fecking awful. :lol:

Still, let's all look on the bright side, at least Ireland will not be embarrassed by staging a rugby competition in areas where rugby is barely played.

2nd prize: the GAA can dickie up their stadia at their own expense

The slight benefit: we always knew the Scots and Welsh are treacherous ballixes but it's always good to have your suspicions confirmed beyond doubt.
Ditto 10%
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.3294350

Good to know there are other fora/forums which facilitate the intellectual exchange of views .
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

How would visas work in 2023, to different countries and I would assume different requirements.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

At what stage exactly did the three Ulster representatives on the Oversight Board for this bid get dumped from the process....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BOD
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:BOD
Sex appeal is huge in all votes. BOD just not up to it. We should have had Rob Kearney on the front line. Probably would have got all the votes then.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:BOD
Sex appeal is huge in all votes. BOD just not up to it. We should have had Rob Kearney on the front line. Probably would have got all the votes then.
Naturally. Super Rab can shag people with his eyes.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

A GREAT injustice was visited upon the Irish sporting community as France were unfairly awarded the right to host the 2023 Rugby World Cup, with the international governing body of rugby not even taking into account the fact that we wouldn’t like that decision at all.

Unfairly weighing up the bids of France, Ireland and South Africa, and concluding that France were worthy hosts, the corrupt heads of rugby calmly assessed all bids and shockingly concluded that the best bid pitched should also be awarded the tournament.

“It’s beggar’s belief. We have a terrible transport network and have never hosted a large scale sporting event like this, we don’t have enough hotel space to meet the demand of travelling fans and yet, still, somehow if their infinite wisdom World Rugby went with the same country that just hosted Euro 2016. Gormless idiots,” confirmed one member of Ireland’s bidding team, who added now isn’t the time to ask if he personally could have done more to produce a better bid.

“Look, now’s the time for bitching and moaning about how we didn’t win, and being awfully sore losers, so we can portray ourselves in the worst possible light,” he explained, while simultaneously throwing various items out of a pram.

The awarding of the 2023 World Cup marks a dark time in the history of rugby in which superior, and all round more convincing bids are prefaced over the hurt feelings of Irish rugby supporters.

World Rugby’s failure to take into account the fact Taoiseach Leo Varadkar used the #Ireland2023 hashtag several times has been labeled scandalous by those most at fault for Ireland’s failure to produce a winning bid. The governing body’s decision to overlook the fact that South Africa’s bid was named as the outstanding bid in a 139-page evaluation report has been referred to by Ireland’s bidding team as ‘not all that important as it doesn’t fit into the narrative that we were robbed’.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Now be honest, France: a country with sunshine, great food, fine wine, great stadiums and a few days or a couple of weeks away from home with your mates. Or, Ireland: rain, stodge, Ravenspan and still at work. No choice. I'd have voted for France. I had a great few days there watching Norn Iron last year. 2023 can't come too soon, assuming I haven't shuffled off yet.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes imagine giving it to a country that has stadia, the infrastructure and proven record of big tournaments with nice weather food and drinks...

Ireland need to get over it I am surprised they don't blame Brexit and a hard border next... btw did anyone find what happened to the missing Board members from Ulster.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

That was all part of Ireland's cunning plan that World Rugby failed to take into account ...

...by having crap and small stadia,our lack of hotel space should not have been noticed, or indeed needed.

Unfortunately they did notice it but failed to take into account that it wouldn't be needed.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

French food sh1ts all over irish food

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:That was all part of Ireland's cunning plan that World Rugby failed to take into account ...

...by having crap and small stadia,our lack of hotel space should not have been noticed, or indeed needed.

Unfortunately they did notice it but failed to take into account that it wouldn't be needed.
We do have crap stadia , and as it stands Spanners could not hold a full international, unlike Sandy Park, the smallest Stadium in 2015.

We do not have enough hotel rooms . New Zealand in 2011 only filled 40% of their rooms and from a ticketing sales was a disaster as little fans traveled, unless WR get over that it will be unlikely NZ will ever see another WC on the Islands.

Irelands bid was on the home nations supporting them, they are the ones who know that we do not have the standards required, a very flawed plan. i believe also they reneged in advanced on a repayment to Wales IF they (ireland ) got the WC
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The bid was waank.