Post by shamalicious »

Awful looking.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ingerlund eh?eh?eh?

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:Awful looking.
I quite like the O'reland one and as i am needing a new one I may just pop for it.
Need to see it in the flesh though as it is reminding me a little of RoI wendyball shirts
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ingerlund eh?eh?eh?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The offending shirts and interesting commentary are available here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... o-far.html

Very much in line with Lancaster's thinking it appears. He is simply wrong, to try to link exploits the "frivolous bravery" of the rugby pitch, to the people who have been awarded the VC & George Medal, many of which are posthumous awards given the nature of the exploits of those awarded them, well crass is kind to him.

He obviously is trying to foster a notion of giving your all for the cause, but in this, he has lost the run of himself. Shame really, I think in many ways he has been a relative breath of fresh air in his England role.
Must have got the idea from Blackadder Goes Forth! - maybe thinks they deserve them if they're playing a warm-up match against the Old Harrovians

Melchett: Well, fine body of men you've got out there, Blackadder.

Edmund: Yes, sir -- shortly to become fine bodies of men.

Melchett: Nonsense -- you'll pull through. (laughs) I remember when we played the Old Harrovians back in '96: they said we never could break through to their back line, but we ducked and we bobbed and we wove and we damn well won the game, 15-4.

Edmund: Yes, sir, but the Harrow fullback wasn't armed with a heavy machine gun.

Melchett: No -- that's a good point. Make a note, Darling...

Darling: Sir.

Melchett: "Recommendation for the Harrow Governors: Heavy machine guns for fullbacks." Bright idea, Blackadder. (speaks to Baldrick) Now then, soldier, are you looking forward to giving those Frenchies a damn good licking?

Darling: Er, no, sir -- it's the Germans we shall be licking, sir.

Melchett: Don't be revolting, Darling! I wouldn't lick a German if he was glazed in honey!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right