Rugby World Cup 7s - Bid

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rugby World Cup 7s - Bid

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In fairness to the Welsh pubic , this is not a bone of contention & was announced some time back.

The small part of England probably are happy that they can have potential medallists to support, another of the gifts most generously given to them by PRL in honour of their grateful support in wrecking the Heineken Cup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wales, Rugby's Nation of the Unintentionally Comic.

Oi, Liam & Ospreylian, what do you reckon butties? Maybe Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets could give the England 7 a play-off match to see who gets the gig. All that young talent around Parc-y-nofans should be a contest. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:In fairness to the Welsh pubic , this is not a bone of contention & was announced some time back.
Agreed. Welsh will support Great Britain Team in the Olympics. Same as they always do which is natural and normal for any sane British person interested in olympic sports.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:In fairness to the Welsh pubic , this is not a bone of contention & was announced some time back.
Agreed. Welsh will support Great Britain Team in the Olympics. Same as they always do which is natural and normal for any sane British person interested in olympic sports.
Don't tell the freedom brigade of lanarkshire

Easterby Out
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:So Kofi - is that a +ve decision on putting a men's team in for the Olympics or do you think they are just testing the waters?
what do you think
[Sorry - only just able to get back to this now]

I haven't a skooby - as you know, I don't follow 7s and you're the one who follows what's going on at D4 much more than me. That's why I asked.

Last I remember was that they were to decide whether they should try and get a team into the OGs. I haven't heard an announcement (I haven't been listening), so I wondered was this the start of a serious bid or were they just tinkering to see how it might go, and base the decision on that. Or has the decision been made, but they just don't want a fan-fayre in case they fail.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk