Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Womens World Cup 2014

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:This on TV?
SKY Sports and TG4 5pm
Cheers
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

18-7 to England at HT. Some good stuff played but poor first up tackling letting then through a few times and some awful refereeing not helping. Eng sealing the ball off constantly and early shoves in the scrum not being picked up.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What Mea said plus Ireland a bunch of nerves not helping.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mea97mb wrote:18-7 to England at HT. Some good stuff played but poor first up tackling letting then through a few times and some awful refereeing not helping. Eng sealing the ball off constantly and early shoves in the scrum not being picked up.
Last penalty in first half should have been to Ireland
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thumped.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Harden them

Easterby Out
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Disappointing exit. They've improved vastly but just can't seem to over come the auld enemy when it counts. France to win it ?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

davejohnston wrote:Disappointing exit. They've improved vastly but just can't seem to over come the auld enemy when it counts. France to win it ?
Insha'allah

Easterby Out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just was not firing today, they can play a lot better than that not helped by pretty poor officials either who let England build a lead through a few dubious decisions and then had to chase the game and it is never good when you have to chase a game like that
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Agree with Sir Langerlot. Experience was a big difference between the teams. The Ireland Team has done extremely well, a lot better than most would have thought and today was a great learning experience for them. Losing, even by a large score, is fine as long as you gain from it ultimately. The women won't be in jubilant mode today but when the dust settles hopefully they will appreciate the value of both what they've done and what they've experienced.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

I want to be on the telly.
Can we have a fat middle-aged men's rugby world cup please?
When is the world going to take fat middle-aged men's rugby seriously?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Well done, you girls in green!!!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Allez Canada

Easterby Out
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

It has been a superb competition but I find it very sad that the final is commentated upon by two totally biased English commentators! Do not get me wrong, England deserve to be winning but as an Irish supporter living in Switzerland it is grating; God help any Canadian supporter having to suffer it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

18-25 defeat to France, shame to finish with two defeats but well done to the ladies, best ever finish in the WC.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.