Simon Easterby confirmed as Irish Forwards Coach

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

pg106
Initiate

Simon Easterby confirmed as Irish Forwards Coach

Post by pg106 »

I see the IRFU have confirmed Easterby as forwards coach, I have to say I personally think this is a major step back from Plumtree. I haven't been overly impressed with the Scarlets forward play over this past few seasons and if I remember correctly he has been quote hostile towards Ulster and the crowds here when the Scarlets have visited Ravenhill. Well and truly underwhelmed but I hope Joe is right on this one.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Simon Easterby confirmed as Irish Forwards Coach

Post by Snipe Watson »

pg106 wrote:I see the IRFU have confirmed Easterby as forwards coach, I have to say I personally think this is a major step back from Plumtree. I haven't been overly impressed with the Scarlets forward play over this past few seasons and if I remember correctly he has been quote hostile towards Ulster and the crowds here when the Scarlets have visited Ravenhill. Well and truly underwhelmed but I hope Joe is right on this one.
I'd suggest he was only hostile towards the Ravenhill support as a way of protecting his players. I have no issue with this and take it as a compliment. You can't really compare coaching Scarlets' forwards and Ireland's. Different as day and night.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
images (2).jpg
:scratch: :scratch: Ye what mate?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Can't think of many more astute forwards in recent history, in terms of both lineout and breakdown play. Assuming the IRFU continue with a dedicated scrum coach, these two areas should be the forwards coach's key areas.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This is a disaster

Over rated player

brad pitt coach

Easterby Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:This is a disaster

Over rated player

brad pitt coach

Easterby Out
No, no, no, no
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Snipe Watson wrote:
pg106 wrote:I see the IRFU have confirmed Easterby as forwards coach, I have to say I personally think this is a major step back from Plumtree. I haven't been overly impressed with the Scarlets forward play over this past few seasons and if I remember correctly he has been quote hostile towards Ulster and the crowds here when the Scarlets have visited Ravenhill. Well and truly underwhelmed but I hope Joe is right on this one.
I'd suggest he was only hostile towards the Ravenhill support as a way of protecting his players. I have no issue with this and take it as a compliment. You can't really compare coaching Scarlets' forwards and Ireland's. Different as day and night.
Your certainly correct here Snipe - as Rory Best wouldn't make the Scarlets bench :cheers:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Ospreylian wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Your certainly correct here Snipe - as Rory Best wouldn't make the Scarlets bench :cheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Give him a chance. FFS people writing folk off before they even get a chance. Tis fecking mad Ted.

Good luck to him and may he have much success.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: No, no, no, no

Nice one Mags. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Give him a chance. FFS people writing folk off before they even get a chance. Tis fecking mad Ted.

Good luck to him and may he have much success.
Correct Dougall
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Wee Woman wrote:
Ospreylian wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Trust me Little Lady. Emyr Phillips is an awesome scrummager and a natural leader. Ken Owens is... Ken Owens!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ospreylian wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Ospreylian wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Trust me Little Lady. Emyr Phillips is an awesome scrummager and a natural leader. Ken Owens is... Ken Owens!
Which one looks like my brad pitt?

Easterby Out
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

That'll be Samson Lee - Tight-head for Wales until WWIII