Argies v Ireland Take-1

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Argies v Ireland Take-1

Post by Jackie Brown »

No chat about this although I know we're all in shock.

Cave and Diack having good games.
Henry with Ireland's try, maul over line.

10-11 halftime
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Argies v Ireland Take-1

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Couldn't be arsed tarting a thread Jackie. >EW Doing OK, nothing very exciting but OK. Dreadful record in Argieland so any in does the job. 10-23 after 64 mins. Sexton & Trimble tries in 2nd half.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Try Cave? Nah TMO says NO.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

3 pt to Quiff, 10-26, looks like Ireland's 2nd ever win in Argentina.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

3 more to Quiff, 10-29.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil , you have been a supporter of Marmion. He won't do, a shockingly weak lobbed pass, not international standard.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil , you have been a supporter of Marmion. He won't do, a shockingly weak lobbed pass, not international standard.

EDIT: defnitely won't do wide open blindside, easy pass for Trimble, goes himself, smashed.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Neil , you have been a supporter of Marmion. He won't do, a shockingly weak lobbed pass, not international standard.

EDIT: defnitely won't do wide open blindside, easy pass for Trimble, goes himself, smashed.
Spot on. He went for glory when the Rev had a clear run in. Hope Schmidt has a strong word (and one with Diack too for the same thing).
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Neil , you have been a supporter of Marmion. He won't do, a shockingly weak lobbed pass, not international standard.

I had my head in my hands when Marmion wasted that opportunity. And I have my fears about him as well; when I first advocated Marmion, he was 19 or 20. At 22, he doesn't look any more of a complete player but he still has a way to go in his development. Hard to judge in such a game whether he could cut the mustard or not but I didn't think he played too badly, the butchered chance aside!
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Never been convinced by Marmion, back up 9 is a worry, I hope this Leinster kid McGrath can live up to the hype but the last time I saw him his passing wasn't good enough, the rest of his game was top drawer though.

Watching Saturdays game again I thought Diack was probably man of the match. At least he would have been has he not been greedy with a 3 on 1 just after Cave's break.

Cave was good as well, unfortunately he and probably whoever takes the 13 shirt will be expected to deliver miracles by the southern media and instant miracles at that. Also on Marshall, no it wasn't a great performance but he did some good things, not least set up Sextons try. Not that it helped that Shaggy kept telling us that it was DC!

I expect McFadden and Cave to be in the centres next weekend in whatever order.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why do people not listen?

Diack did everything right on that break

Straighten and with a drifting defence with 2 men on the brad pitt winger and so called full back then take the tackle and allow them to hit the ruck

If he had of passed, he would have been put on his hole and given the ball to 2 dire players, in no space, with a defence prepared to murder them

Anscombe Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil F wrote:

I had my head in my hands when Marmion wasted that opportunity. And I have my fears about him as well; when I first advocated Marmion, he was 19 or 20. At 22, he doesn't look any more of a complete player but he still has a way to go in his development. Hard to judge in such a game whether he could cut the mustard or not but I didn't think he played too badly, the butchered chance aside!
I've rarely watched him in all honesty Neil but I was quite surprised that his passing seemed to have a lot of effort to cover a short space and was like watching a 1960's lady serving compared to Rod "the rocket" Laced. Reminded me of Micky Bradley.

Admittedly not much to judge him on but not remotely impressive for me.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Why do people not listen?

Diack did everything right on that break

Straighten and with a drifting defence with 2 men on the brad pitt winger and so called full back then take the tackle and allow them to hit the ruck

If he had of passed, he would have been put on his hole and given the ball to 2 dire players, in no space, with a defence prepared to murder them

Anscombe Out
Ach Russ, if you want to eulogise Robbie, Snipe has given him his own thread. Fact of the matter is Josef will have been as concerned about that as he will have been with Marmion. Not a small mistake, a glaring clusterballix which might undo much of his good work.