Where do we go from here?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:I have seen enough of Joe to be convinced that he will be entirely balanced and objective in his selections.
Agree 100% interesting that after 20mins rugby people have Ferris penciled in :roll: ,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I have seen enough of Joe to be convinced that he will be entirely balanced and objective in his selections.
Agree 100% interesting that after 20mins rugby people have Ferris penciled in :roll: ,
If Ferris can get 100% fit and stay that way, why wouldn't he be pencilled in. The most outstanding Irish backrower of his generation (and possibly ever). Of course it's much too early to see if it all pans out, but it was wonderful to see him in an Ulster shirt again on Friday, and looking keen and fit. According to Gusher, he's also the fastest man in the Ulster squad!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Spiffsson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
If Ferris can get 100% fit and stay that way, why wouldn't he be pencilled in. The most outstanding Irish backrower of his generation (and possibly ever). Of course it's much too early to see if it all pans out, but it was wonderful to see him in an Ulster shirt again on Friday, and looking keen and fit. According to Gusher, he's also the fastest man in the Ulster squad!
I think people want Stevie to be back to his best and to be honest I was impressed by the fact that he wasn't strapped up like a mummy. That suggests to me that someone has confidence in the ankle this time. However, he has badknees and that needs to be taken into account. I hope Ireland don't look near him.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I think people want Stevie to be back to his best and to be honest I was impressed by the fact that he wasn't strapped up like a mummy. That suggests to me that someone has confidence in the ankle this time. However, he has badknees and that needs to be taken into account. I hope Ireland don't look near him.
What? Ever again do you mean? If he gets back to his pre-injury standard, which was outstanding, he deserves to be picked.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

His knee is an accident waiting to happen and I want to see him used sparingly. Ireland used him in the worst sense of the word. I just wonder will he be in a rush to go back to putting his body on the line for Ireland again.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Now now Kofi, you will find that I didn't mention him once in my epic post, more a short story really.

Like you I reckon its not even worth discussing...............yet. I reckon if Stevie is still upright and ready for the start of next season then it could just be time to think he may have an international future come November. I'd be unhappy if he went to Argentina & assume Joe will see sense, especially as it's a pretty strong area of the squad.

Ability never in doubt - fitness sadly always will be.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:His knee is an accident waiting to happen and I want to see him used sparingly. Ireland used him in the worst sense of the word. I just wonder will he be in a rush to go back to putting his body on the line for Ireland again.
Frankly if he's not in international contention we won't see him here post May 2014.

If he's not an international then Ulster will unlikely afford him and he won't get the protective schedule he needs anywhere but Japan.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

One Ulsterman has the right idea.
Ireland have no choice but to chase glory at Rugby World Cup 2015 after lifting the RBS 6 Nations title, according to flanker Chris Henry.

Gwan ya good thing. Reach for the top and you may get there.

Henry's deft offload opened a half-gap for Johnny Sexton to scythe home for the fly-half's first of two tries in the edgy victory over France.

The combative flanker revealed he has worked hard to add a level of finesse to his renowned fiendish breakdown acumen.

"I just thought I needed to get it away, then Johnny did all the hard work," said Henry.

"The feeling overall is just incredible. I don't usually give one-handed offloads but I just thought we had the advantage, so I'm relieved it worked."

Hailing the impact of boss Joe Schmidt, Henry now wants Ireland to take advantage of the shrewd head coach's analytical approach in future.

That offload was a most wonderful thing.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:His knee is an accident waiting to happen and I want to see him used sparingly. Ireland used him in the worst sense of the word. I just wonder will he be in a rush to go back to putting his body on the line for Ireland again.
That's the way Stevie plays the game. Can't see him changing. I am sure he would love nothing more than getting back his Irish shirt. Good luck to him. No other Irish No.6 comes close.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I would worry more about his ankle than his knee now since his last injury.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I have the key to Joe's selection policy

joe likes his backs to be Intelligent which explains the absence of Munster players he likes his forwards to be thick which explains why there are so many leinster players

And fans to be stupid if they believe this SH?T3
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:I would worry more about his ankle than his knee now since his last injury.
He doesn't seem to have it strapped. Would love to know if he had a reaction on the ankle. but I honestly think they have been ultra cautious with it this time and have him 100%.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Every time Steven Ferris's name appears on an Ulster team sheet has to be seen as a bonus and there is no way (and no point) of predicting when and how often that will happen in the future. It's a bit like certain human activities that are unpredictable, usually out of one's control, and to be enjoyed whenever they happen. Lobster Thermidor anyone? :D
Bo***cks to Brexit
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rocky wrote:Every time Steven Ferris's name appears on an Ulster team sheet has to be seen as a bonus and there is no way (and no point) of predicting when and how often that will happen in the future. It's a bit like certain human activities that are unpredictable, usually out of one's control, and to be enjoyed whenever they happen. Lobster Thermidor anyone? :D
With a lightly oaked chardonnay?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rocky wrote:Every time Steven Ferris's name appears on an Ulster team sheet has to be seen as a bonus and there is no way (and no point) of predicting when and how often that will happen in the future. It's a bit like certain human activities that are unpredictable, usually out of one's control, and to be enjoyed whenever they happen. Lobster Thermidor anyone? :D
With a lightly oaked chardonnay?
God, I'm so over Chardonnay, oaked or unoaked. Like Beaujolais, there is more drunk per annum than is produced & yes, don;t bother, I do know that one is a grape, the other a region. Entirely unreliable produce by and large.

Then again, at present I'm largely over white wine full stop, those that I would happily drink are mainly beyond my normal wine budget. If I'm going to pay £20 or more for a bottle I prefer a good red. A semi-decent Corton Charlemagne will not be less than £50, that is Chardonnay worth drinking. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.