Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: English Muck fernest Sheepworrying Filth

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote:

One inaccuracy to be righted in this thread before someone mentions flegs. The Welsh anthem does have 'constitutional standing' alongside GSTQ. I expect the Scots will do similar if they can ever agree which song to promote.
Have you a link for that. To the best of my knowledge none of the anthems in the UK, including GSTQ, have been offically declared as national anthems.
I refer the honourable gentleman to my deliberate use of the inverted commas in my original post.

HWFN is used in place of GSTQ at Governmental and even royal events within Wales; with GTSQ normally only added when HM is in attendance.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:
I refer the honourable gentleman to my deliberate use of the inverted commas in my original post.

HWFN is used in place of GSTQ at Governmental and even royal events within Wales; with GTSQ normally only added when HM is in attendance.

Oops and thanks BR. I didn't notice that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BR wrote:For me it is about 5 discreet matches (or 15 discreet matches in the wider sense) . The grand-slam is of next importance and the championship after that. The 3C is a little accolade that merits a mention in commentary, but of little significance beyond that. Agree about the trophies. No need other than for sponsors' photo opportunities. I can live with the Kolkata Kup, but as for the rest - burn them (wasn't there one made from coal at one time?)
Do they still have the Calcutta cup? Surely that's the big one?

It's usually all about the Slam. This season is different as everyone lost games early in the Championship. The teams have accepted that and the Championship is the big prize this year.

been a really good 6N this year. Would be nice to see England score a few points to make this evenings match even more interesting. I could see ireland doing a real job on France.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'