Ireland v. Italy

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v. Italy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

One or two little facts for your delectation, rumination & appreciation.

1) Ireland lost their last game.
2) Italy beat Ireland last time they met.
3) Not one player of the team who played last time out deserves to be dropped rested or whatever way you wish to express it.
4) They had a wee rest last week.
5) Why feck about when you have a chance to win the championship for the second time since the mid eighties?

Good selection Joe, carry on & feck the begrudgers, a commodity never feckin' lacking in Ireland. :roll: :roll: :roll:

In Joe I trust (in the meantime anyway), the rest of yis can feck aff.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The drama becomes more intense.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

It seems some people are forgetting it could all come down to points difference in the final week of the 6N!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

shamalicious wrote:It seems some people are forgetting it could all come down to points difference in the final week of the 6N!
I hope it does not come down to that. I'd like a good clean and obvious win of the 6N. But I do not have that much confidence that Ireland can beat France in Paris. Look at our record there. It does not matter much how France have been playing up to now. On their day they can hump any team.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

And vice versa
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Only real problem I have with that team is I would like to have seen Paddy start with Sexton on the bench. Only because I believe Sexton should be held ready for the French. But hey! Maybe Joe will bring Paddy on for the second half and we'll get the best of both worlds.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Spiffsson wrote:
shamalicious wrote:It seems some people are forgetting it could all come down to points difference in the final week of the 6N!
I hope it does not come down to that. I'd like a good clean and obvious win of the 6N..
With 4 teams tied on points it's almost inevitable that it will come down to that. At least Ireland are handily placed in that regard (for a change!).
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Scranner wrote:Only real problem I have with that team is I would like to have seen Paddy start with Sexton on the bench. Only because I believe Sexton should be held ready for the French. But hey! Maybe Joe will bring Paddy on for the second half and we'll get the best of both worlds.
Yes. I would love to see Paddy on via a non injury-enforced substitution. The 6N is of utmost importance and I don't want to try to deny that but I don't want us to ever get back to the situation where we have a 10 on the bench for emergency cover only. There is no benefit to anybody in that.

Bottom line for me is that I hope they are not taking an unnecessary risk with Sexton. When you hear a player will be out for two months but then the next day hear he is playing this weekend it can only raise the concern levels.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Where is Madigan!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:Where is Madigan!
Got a good deal on a Citybreak for him and Zebo
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:
Bound to be a few skanks waiting outside already
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

While the game is against Italy who may not be the best teamin the 6Ns they are a side who have improved greatly in the last 3 /4 years and deserve respect.

IMO joe seems to want a respectable score by 1/2 time and if that is achieved I expect him to empty the bench on the 50 minute mark.

The Munster board was in melt down no ToD no Ryan No Zebo not even on the bench with Daverage and McFumble of Leinster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:While the game is against Italy who may not be the best teamin the 6Ns they are a side who have improved greatly in the last 3 /4 years and deserve respect.

IMO joe seems to want a respectable score by 1/2 time and if that is achieved I expect him to empty the bench on the 50 minute mark.

The Munster board was in melt down no ToD no Ryan No Zebo not even on the bench with Daverage and McFumble of Leinster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you think that is bad checks score.ie

Carnage
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rob Carnage or Dave Carnage?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Deraless wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: