Wales v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Wales v Frace

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You are entitled to your opinion Bart, however Wales have had to do little to nothing to slaughter this set of disintered Froggies led by an utter clown.

Are you telling me Wales have played very well?
France have been poor but there aren't many teams in the 6 Nations that beat them by 20 points. Wales haven't been brilliant but the 6 Nations tends to be about wining comfortably and job done, which is what i think they've done here. Think they have competed well at the breakdown and set piece and played the key moments well.

If Ireland beat England and France by 20-30 points or more then I'll look to revise my opinion :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

France are a lazy disorganised mess. Seem to think they can win off scraps. Wales showed some fight and a well organised defence.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:France are a lazy disorganised mess. Seem to think they can win off scraps. Wales showed some fight and a well organised defence.
But that was all they showed

Let's not beat about the bush

Wales were brad pitt tonight, just they were less brad pitt than a French side who were more interested in the Liam William's mum than the game
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You are entitled to your opinion Bart, however Wales have had to do little to nothing to slaughter this set of disintered Froggies led by an utter clown.

France have been poor but there aren't many teams in the 6 Nations that beat them by 20 points. Wales haven't been brilliant but the 6 Nations tends to be about wining comfortably and job done, which is what i think they've done here. Think they have competed well at the breakdown and set piece and played the key moments well.

If Ireland beat England and France by 20-30 points or more then I'll look to revise my opinion :D
I'm not asking you about Ireland Bart, what about Wales tonight, they barely threatened a try themselves.

I'd love to see the stats, France were embarrassed when they had the ball, much to do with their 13 taking every single ball back in field towards the pack, they also had a clueless coach who watched the game slip away & then made 4 changes with about 10 to go. Cue hurling the ball around to little or no effect for 10 minutes.

Wales? What did they do other than profit from Frances awfulness, any invention? Many missed chances? Anything constructive?

I tell you England played more incisive rugby against France than Wales have mustered in 3 matches.

Turgid rubbish, lots of talented players, very little talent shown.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Wales did what they had to, which was not much.
Totally shoite game of dull rugby with no invention from either side.
Roland will not have to buy a drink in Cardiff tonight.
If the Frogs keep playing like that we will kill them.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:

I'm not asking you about Ireland Bart, what about Wales tonight, they barely threatened a try themselves.

I'd love to see the stats, France were embarrassed when they had the ball, much to do with their 13 taking every single ball back in field towards the pack, they also had a clueless coach who watched the game slip away & then made 4 changes with about 10 to go. Cue hurling the ball around to little or no effect for 10 minutes.

Wales? What did they do other than profit from Frances awfulness, any invention? Many missed chances? Anything constructive?

I tell you England played more incisive rugby against France than Wales have mustered in 3 matches.

Turgid rubbish, lots of talented players, very little talent shown.

Baggy - I don't think that description necessarily makes a team Tom Kite. The 2007 world cup winning Boks could be described as something similar and dare i say it, were Ulster Tom Kite at Welford Road a few weeks ago and if not, which of these things did we produce?

France were poor and I agree about Bastareuad and P St A. Yes you could say that Wales should have beaten them by more but sport isn't always like that. For me it was a pretty comfortable win for them and I think they said their biggest winning margin against them since 1950 or something like that.

If Wales are poor then I just don't think we are in a position yet to judge whether the other teams are that much better yet. Maybe they are all pretty poor....
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

BR wrote:Rolling spoiled it for me.
Hard to listen to the RTE eulogy to Rolland. Like Baggy I haven't forgotten his extra time for Leinster. And won't!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

This is pretty much what I was expecting with home advantage being the key factor amongst the top 4 sides.
Dont think there is that much to seperate any of the teams at the minute but the extra intensity that comes with a side playing at home seems to be winning the day.
Lets hope we can buck that trend tomorrow.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
BR wrote:Rolling spoiled it for me.
Hard to listen to the RTE eulogy to Rolland. Like Baggy I haven't forgotten his extra time for Leinster. And won't!
:thumleft: NEVER NEVER NEVER
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart, we could do this all night, so my final words on Wales.

They got a gift start against Italy, had a healthy lead & yet a not better than ropey Italian team ran them uncomfortably close. They were then beaten out the gate in Dublin and then tonight's effort.

In conclusion, they aren't very good.

I have a feeling that there are no vintage teams in this seasons 6Ns which is why Ireland have a chance of glory. They have looked effective rather than stunning, similar to they did in winning a series of narrow games in 2009 when they were effective & competitive rather than the flowing rugby they had played in a few earlier seasons.

Amen.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Always said Rollers does operate within the letter of the law and tends to be technically correct but has absolutely no empathy for the game.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

bazzaj wrote:Always said Rollers does operate within the letter of the law and tends to be technically correct but has absolutely no empathy for the game.
Glad to see the back of him even if at present only for internationals?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Can I ask: who are Frace? >EW
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

ruckover wrote:Can I ask: who are Frace? >EW
Actually Farce may have been a more appropriate name tonight...
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

bazzaj wrote:Always said Rollers does operate within the letter of the law and tends to be technically correct but has absolutely no empathy for the game.
True but if that's how rugby is to be reffed we may as well give up. Both France and Wales wanted to play rugby but it was just killed by the referee. Ruined it as a spectacle. Irish refs are all whistle-happy f******. Sorry, but it just really frustrates me when a ref kills a game. Scrum-time was just a joke. What should have been one of the games of the tournament was just boring and I say, I don't blame either of the 2 sides.

France were abysmal. Wales were decent and got a good solid win. If Ireland can win today, a GS is on. A narrow defeat and a 6N title is on.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'