Well Said Darren Cave...

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

loosehead1984
Initiate

Re: Well Said Darren Cave...

Post by loosehead1984 »

Thelaw wrote:
breakdown wrote:Although once BOD goes you could say Cave would be head and shoulders above any other 13 and i guarentee you Henshaw or Payne will play ahead of him
Or Earls or even Madigan FFS.

Cave knows that he will never feature in any Ireland team, so fair play to him having the balls to say so.

Also good work to Jackie and Windeos on MF backing him
Law and BD... +1 on that.

Even Paddy J will have difficulty getting anywhere near the 6N team after Madigan starting against Northampton!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

loosehead1984 wrote:
Thelaw wrote:
breakdown wrote:Although once BOD goes you could say Cave would be head and shoulders above any other 13 and i guarentee you Henshaw or Payne will play ahead of him
Or Earls or even Madigan FFS.

Cave knows that he will never feature in any Ireland team, so fair play to him having the balls to say so.

Also good work to Jackie and Windeos on MF backing him
Law and BD... +1 on that.

Even Paddy J will have difficulty getting anywhere near the 6N team after Madigan starting against Northampton!
Ok Paddy misses a cap but at least if he gets broken it's our own fault !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Obviously his face hasn't fitted with more than one coach unless it hasn't fitted with another constant during that four years. I thought Schmidt would have seen enough of him at Rabo to know and on the face of it he appears to like what he sees. Obviously Schmidt isn't going to come out and say openly (although he went as far with Marshall IMHO) where he sees Cave's weaknesses and what is required from him. This article would suggest that has never happened hence It can't be explained except for as Cave says his face not fitting.

I see nothing to suggest Cave being groomed to take over from BOD if his face doesn't indeed fit then made it isn't the coaches but lies elsewhere.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

I think henshaw is being groomed for it
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

MattMo wrote:I think henshaw is being groomed for it
Agreed.
Although I was getting him and JJ Hanrahan mixed up... :roll: ....TMB
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

On the Cave comments, just thinking has any good ever come out of a player voicing their opinions for the player concerned?
Understand the frustrations but as I recall Dan Tuohy voiced similar views to DC on social media and has not featured much if at all since.
Most of us completely agree with the comments but that is irrelevant.
Players have to understand that the manager/coach will be reluctant to pick the player as this will send out a message that they are weak and will open the flood gates to others making similar comments.
These remarks should be kept between player and coach in my opinion, regardless of validity.
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

bazzaj wrote:These remarks should be kept between player and coach in my opinion, regardless of validity.
In most cases I would totally agree with you, however, in the case of the Irish setup, with its shortsightedness and overwhelming provincial bias what else can you do.

if he does get another cap, I can't help but think that it may well be due, in part, to his little rant!
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

And if he doesn't, do you think that might 'well be due, in part, to his little rant'?
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Exactly Scran.
I dont think too many coaches would begrudge a players approaching them with a differing opinion but not via the media.
Not that clever if you want another cap but the rant says more about Caves resignation to the fact that he will not get one either way.
The bias is another issue but we dont need our players to give the Irish selectors another excuse not to pick them.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Of course I say this from a position of never having spoken to Darren but I have been told from a reliable source that he has indeed been pished about by the Ireland set-up over some years and has not always been tee
at in a straightforward manner. Frankly his wee rant may do him no favours but given silence and stoicism was doing exactly the same I reckon he at least has the satisfaction of having stated his csee. May do him no good but he can't be any worse off either. If Jo needs him he will play him. If not............ So what? Nothing lost.

Have to say if Jo intended to ignore him Darren would have been cut earlier this week so he is biding his time on tacklebeg duty rather than sitting at home on his Brennan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Who knows Scranner but some times the "squeaky wheel" gets the oil.

Baggy T (as usual) put it most eloquently:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Frankly his wee rant may do him no favours but given silence and stoicism was doing exactly the same I reckon he at least has the satisfaction of having stated his csee.
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

I get a little more faith in the Ireland team every time a team gets announced recently.
I understand that people are getting annoyed with the Leinster amounts, but Schmidt is trying to bring the same games he's played with Leinster, to Ireland, and bringing people in slowly so he can prove his case before getting everyone up to speed.
He's still not going whole hog Leinster and cutting the others out, and the fact that Darren Cave was amongst the training squad makes me think he's got more integrity than to cut a player for being frustrated in the past Ireland set up.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Forgot about Dazza. Schmidt out!

sent from my crozier
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

bazzaj wrote:On the Cave comments, just thinking has any good ever come out of a player voicing their opinions for the player concerned?
Understand the frustrations but as I recall Dan Tuohy voiced similar views to DC on social media and has not featured much if at all since.
Most of us completely agree with the comments but that is irrelevant.
Players have to understand that the manager/coach will be reluctant to pick the player as this will send out a message that they are weak and will open the flood gates to others making similar comments.
These remarks should be kept between player and coach in my opinion, regardless of validity.

Well it worked for ROG over Humps,[and leaked to the papers]and in them days once you were in you were in.Cave has been honest instead of having to rely on connections within connections etc...................................IRFU committee feck them >EW

What Cave should have said was I am thinking of going to France, he would have ben guaranteed a couple more caps >flog

What was it Big Dan said I have more IRFU suits than caps,sounds a bit like a goodfellas script,and maybe he said I have more caps than suits >sniper
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
mickey_soft_hands
Novice

Post by mickey_soft_hands »

with the reduced numbers of players on central contracts are the irfu not picking the team for the coach. Has a player on a central contract ever been dropped for a player on a provincial one??? I really can t remember this happening. Wilson/copeland/coughlan would have to sumersault backwards down the pitch, best 20 defenders score multiple tries, out box ali, race bolt then nutmeg ronaldo then messi, and kick conversions from their own 22 to be even in with a chance of stealing the jersey of a heaslip.
when A player given a central contract they are esentially being told, your club is now Ireland, thats where your/our priorities lie.if youre fit you play.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk