Ireland v. New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Ireland v. New Zealand

Post by Spiffsson »

After that performance against Oz, what does Smitty do with next week's selection? I never want to see half a thon bais wear the green shirt again, yet, because of injuries and lack of in-depth talent there are not a hell of a lot of options.
If Sexton is out I would expect to see P.Jackson at FH. But if Kearney is also out, don't be surprised to see Madigan at FB (could he be worse than Kearney?) Luke was the best Irish back, but that might not stop Smitty from picking D'Brennan. The forwards will be some minor permuatation of the same, but I'd like to see Tuohy start and even old DOC on the bench for a bit of dog.
Both Reddan and Murray were shat but Marmion isn't even in the squad and anyway should not be pitched straight in against the ABs. I'd just as soon see Boss there - yes, not terribly exciting and definitely not the way of the future, but he is a competitive little nut, and tough.
This has to be an exercise in damage limitation - there is no other way to look at it.
Could be a record humping. I would not actually mind that if it stimulated a bit of house clearing.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland v. New Zealand

Post by ruckover »

The only issue I have is if Quiffy starts next week ahead of PJ. If he does then we don't stand any chance at all - he was well out of his depth tonight.

I'd also like to see Tuohy even given 20 minutes off the bench. Probably the in-form Irish lock right now and he isn't even glanced at for the Ireland set-up. Beyond me.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. POC
5. McCarthy
6. POM
7. SOB
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. PJ
11. McFads
12. Luke
13. BOD
14. Tommy
15. Kearney
There's your team next week.
Tuohy will come onto the bench with Deccy Fitz.Toner and Archer to drop out.
All Blacks will win by 20 points Ireland will be 3 down at half time and fail to score in the second half.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Snipe Watson wrote:1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. POC
5. McCarthy
6. POM
7. SOB
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. PJ
11. McFads
12. Luke
13. BOD
14. Tommy
15. Kearney
There's your team next week.
Tuohy will come onto the bench with Deccy Fitz.Toner and Archer to drop out.
All Blacks will win by 20 points Ireland will be 3 down at half time and fail to score in the second half.
The sad thing is that this all sounds scarily realistic. Are you Yevgeny Zamytin in disguise?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

61-0
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

15) Kearney
14) Bowe
13) BOD
12) Marshall
11) McFadden
10) GP
9) Murray
8) Heaslip
7) SOB
6) POM
5) POC
4) McCarthy
3) Ross
2) Best
1) Healy

Bench: McGrath, Cronin, Deccie F, Toner, McLaughlin, Reddan, Quiff, Henshaw

Not what I would pick but what I think JS will pick.

Frankly I don't give a tinkersw@nk who he picks but it would be ludicrous for him to go outside of his squad against NZ where I believe Ireland will be trying not to concede 50 points, no ambition much further than that.

Lets take a guy who may be a future pick - young Marmion. Would you really take a chance on shattering him before he has a chance to establish himself. Too many one cap wonders have happened on the back of such cowardly selections down the years.

JS needs to read the riot act & send more or less the same guys out and tell them they are playing for their futures, & yes you too Brian. No holy cows, no names on the teamsheet, fresh start, take your chance & perform or I'll pick others in the 6Ns.

If they have any pride in them they will fight like feck next week before being blown away. All that matters next week is a performance that is less than dismal, better than today even if the result is worse as I expect it will be. I see no way of keeping within 20 points.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

ruckover wrote:The only issue I have is if Quiffy starts next week ahead of PJ. If he does then we don't stand any chance at all - he was well out of his depth tonight.

I'd also like to see Tuohy even given 20 minutes off the bench. Probably the in-form Irish lock right now and he isn't even glanced at for the Ireland set-up. Beyond me.
We haven't a hope in hell whether Quiffy plays or not. It's all just re-arranging the deck chairs.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I hope we see same again.

Go out and fix your mess, if you cannot play for the jersey, feck off back to Leinster, Munter and Alster.

If you can, welcome to the winter training squad.

This doesn't count for BOD and maybe POC.

BOD, this is your last ever game for Ireland, don't be a Warren Gatland.
POC, if you cannot hack any aspect of the game, then out to pasture you go mate.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Irish rugby is in terminal decline at present. The lack of bite on show yesterday was hard to stomach. I saw a better game involving senior schools players who can only dream of pulling on an irish jersey. Only when we start bringing gifted youngsters like Olding, Gilroy, Henderson etc into the set up will the dynamic change. Henderson and Gilroy are injured but Olding should be given a chance to be around the irish squad. The young lad would front up more than any of the chumps involved in yesterdays shambolic performance. Nothing ever seems to change in irish rugby .....it huffs and puffs then delivers nothing. The All Blacks demand an unbeaten 2013 and they will sign off by giving Ireland a hammering.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Just read about Oldings injury......gutted for the kid.....Ulsters most exciting prospect bar none.... hope he mends fast. Best of luck in your recovery.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Olding wasnt considered for the Autumn internationals due to injury, and it looks like will now not be involved this season.

I foresee a scrap with Italy for 5th in the 6N
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:I foresee a scrap with Italy for 5th in the 6N
The potential "salvation" to a point, is that Italy Wales & Scotland all come to Dublin. Right now I wouldn't put a cent on any of them being guaranteed wins but much can change between now & February.

Capt. Schmidt needs to make it clear that guys are playing for the right to be included for the 6Ns & when we get humiliated next week declare that people are going to have to accept there will be more pain to come because rebuilding starts now.

If he does that I will accept him ................ for now. Then he needs to look outside of Dublin as well as looking at his old team.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

15. Madigan
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. Marshall
11. McFadden
10. Jackson
9. Murray
1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Toner
5. O'Connell
6. O'Mahony
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip

16. Cronin, 17. McGrath, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Tuohy, 20. McLaughlin, 21. Boss, 22. D'Arcy, 23. Henshaw.

Quiffy's only playing because sadly we have no better full-backs.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

ruckover wrote:15. Madigan
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. Marshall
11. McFadden
10. Jackson
9. Murray
1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Toner
5. O'Connell
6. O'Mahony
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip

16. Cronin, 17. McGrath, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Tuohy, 20. McLaughlin, 21. Boss, 22. D'Arcy, 23. Henshaw.

Smitty would continue to select the useless Kearney even if he only had one leg.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:15. Madigan
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. Marshall
11. McFadden
10. Jackson
9. Murray
1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Toner
5. O'Connell
6. O'Mahony
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip

If he's at 15, it's spelt fool-back.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right