IRFU Committee.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: IRFU Committee.

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rooster wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I doubt it very much in my opinion the committee review results and obtain reasons for selections and how the players selected were intended to play within a defined game plan.

This is not the same as team selection at this time there are only in my view two players who would be considered committee protected the rest of the team sheet is a blank page
There should be NO committee protected players, in fact the committee should have no say at all in how team or tactics are decided by coaching staff and I include team manager as part of committee and not coaching staff.
I would hate to think that a committee man would have influence over selection particularly if there is outside business interests and income is required to sustain say a property development :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:I doubt it very much in my opinion the committee review results and obtain reasons for selections and how the players selected were intended to play within a defined game plan.

This is not the same as team selection at this time there are only in my view two players who would be considered committee protected the rest of the team sheet is a blank page
You can doubt it if you like, but this is not speculation Rum. The coach was required to present his team to the IRFU Performance Committee before it was announced to the public. This may have ended with Joe Schmidt, but it was a fact of life under all previous coaches.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

jackthelad wrote:I've no idea if they are good or bad aparrt from the ticketing shambles, the use of p.a. music and of course the fiasco over NIE and NIQ players. However I see that there is a Representative Game Committeee. I would like to ask them why there have been NO Representative games of any sort - even women's rugby - played in Northern Ireland for the last / subsequent 121 matches up to the end of this season.
Jack this will make you happy and a wee tad excited , I telephoned up yon committee and demanded that Ulster gets a game, so for you, the Ireland U19s will play Australia schools at Ravenhll on 14th December 2013 no thanks required.

Kofi
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Saturday afternoon Kofi? Might take some of my kids down to that.
2:30 pm Kick off, I believe another team plays at home that day, but can't say the name until a day before kick off,( but they play in B&I cup I am told) :D

I might go myself , if Jack goes :duck:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Saturday afternoon Kofi? Might take some of my kids down to that.
Why take some, is there some you don't like :duck:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bootlaced wrote:Below is the problem with Irish rugby.These are the ones who may be noble to some but are inhibiting the development of talent in the Irish game.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/irfu/committee ... mittee.php
I hear that the evil IRFU committees also run the health services in N.I. and are shutting down those services willy-nilly - maybe we need a spokesperson to oppose those cuts ......

.... but then again I could be wrong about that.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Dare I ask, is this reprentative game being played at Ravenhill?

Yes it is a move to keep Jack the Lad happy, kinda "hands across the Narrowater"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
bootlaced wrote:Below is the problem with Irish rugby.These are the ones who may be noble to some but are inhibiting the development of talent in the Irish game.

I hear that the evil IRFU committees also run the health services in N.I. and are shutting down those services willy-nilly - maybe we need a spokesperson to oppose those cuts ......

Now don't be silly and rumour mongering
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I can be very topical , Russell Brand was just saying the same thing the other day at my holiday home in the North
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:
jackthelad wrote:I've no idea if they are good or bad aparrt from the ticketing shambles, the use of p.a. music and of course the fiasco over NIE and NIQ players. However I see that there is a Representative Game Committeee. I would like to ask them why there have been NO Representative games of any sort - even women's rugby - played in Northern Ireland for the last / subsequent 121 matches up to the end of this season.
Jack this will make you happy and a wee tad excited , I telephoned up yon committee and demanded that Ulster gets a game, so for you, the Ireland U19s will play Australia schools at Ravenhll on 14th December 2013 no thanks required.

Kofi
Will the Australian and Union flegs be flown at ravers for the match?

Russell Brand has suggested we get in a couple of traffic cones to use as fleg-holders just for the occasion.
I'm not arguing -
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Kofi
Will the Australian and Union flegs be flown at ravers for the match?

Russell Brand has suggested we get in a couple of traffic cones to use as fleg-holders just for the occasion.
Captain, now , the only flags to be flown as is the protocol when playing out side the free state will be the Australian Flag (away team) and the IRFU flag that represents the harmonious entity that is the IRFU, tonight you have been a tad thran, is there something you want talk about with the group.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Time to regurgitate the flegs and anthems thread, or is this suitable to be put in what annoys people?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:Captain, now , the only flags to be flown as is the protocol when playing out side the free state will be the Australian Flag (away team) and the IRFU flag that represents the harmonious entity that is the IRFU, tonight you have been a tad thran, is there something you want talk about with the group.
I knew that - I had just thran the question out there to see what others thought we should do. :stir:

It's not like we ever debate flegs n anfums in this wee place.

Maybe with the government stumping up the dosh for the new ravers, we can call it a Government building ...... then all we need to do is get them to play a match on a designated day and we open up another debate ......... or protest :duck:
I'm not arguing -
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

You see Rum,if I may ask a childish question to a Guru like yourself if even one player is committee protected that would surely mean that the IRFU has a certain control over selection.The other childish question that I would like to ask is in the last 10-12 years how many other players have had this sort of protection?I also think that it might be of interest for your good self to declare an interest just so we can be on the same level playing field.My good self of being of no importance was very much made aware that EOS and DK had to explain their selections to a committee.Players on a central contract had to be selected, developing players had to wait on an injury.Wigglesworth is funnily enough quoted on this forum basically saying the same thing,he does think it is a good thing having a bottleneck in positions but does'nt really commit himself in saying what the solution is other than a hint re 47/48 players playing overseas.So who decides who stays and who moves Provinces,and who decides who moves abroad.Somehow I do not think that this is down to the Irish coach.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Or maybe your good self could post in the two threads in the "Back room lock In" regarding the NHS,although I see you have backed away from that. :roll:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine