IRFU Committee.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

IRFU Committee.

Post by bootlaced »

Below is the problem with Irish rugby.These are the ones who may be noble to some but are inhibiting the development of talent in the Irish game.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/irfu/committee ... mittee.php
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: IRFU Committee.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Really Boot?

Talk us through your thinking please.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I have posted a few of my thoughts on this topic already in regards to the bottleneck of player development and the coach having to explain selection of players to the Irfu. Thus the problem lies with the Irfu, hence the thread. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" .Gatlands on seats as opposed to player development is due to the Irfu.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Nope I just don't get this one, has someone been sneaking some of the cooking sherry out of the larder :duck:
image.jpg
image.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bootlaced wrote:Below is the problem with Irish rugby.These are the ones who may be noble to some but are inhibiting the development of talent in the Irish game.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/irfu/committee ... mittee.php
Possibly a tad sweeping boot?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Out if all the names I can only see two, that in my opinion are not helping, nice enough people and probably think they are doing right , but dinosaurs and time to go.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

I've no idea if they are good or bad aparrt from the ticketing shambles, the use of p.a. music and of course the fiasco over NIE and NIQ players. However I see that there is a Representative Game Committeee. I would like to ask them why there have been NO Representative games of any sort - even women's rugby - played in Northern Ireland for the last / subsequent 121 matches up to the end of this season.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Bootlace if you want tobe considered as a serious poster I would drop the childish drivel .

What makes you think that a Committee selects the Irish team or influences Schmidt's selection?

And identify the players in the bottle neck being held back ?

Players don't get selected for the simple reason they have either known recognised weaknesses or they are simply not better than those on the team or they are not quite ready for the step up.

There are only two players on the Irish XV who are inked in by reputation BoD and PoC and most of the options to BoD are basically not as good as , or not ready or available and Schmidt appears to picking a horses for courses second row at the moment.

And the old f-rts in the IRFU Committee have forgotten more than you'll ever know about rugby and still know more than you or I.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Did you know, this will be the first Irish team POC and BOD have started in, in 2 years.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The simple truth is bootlace committees don't create bottle necks inhibiting player development players do

Because the game is professional and the pay is reasonably-- good players don't retire early unless injured .

In years gone by a player like BoD would have had to retire from representative rugby in his late twenties because of career or family considerations it doesn't happen now players are playing on until their mid thirties.

Secondly due the size of players to-day many players lack the physical maturity to play professional rugby until their mid twenties.

Thirdly because the game is success driven many teams can't afford to give players time too develop, eg Ulster will more than likely lose two props this year and everybody asks who will be the next import ?
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

You're talking a lot of sense their rum'n..... Are you off the drink?
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

jackthelad wrote:I've no idea if they are good or bad aparrt from the ticketing shambles, the use of p.a. music and of course the fiasco over NIE and NIQ players. However I see that there is a Representative Game Committeee. I would like to ask them why there have been NO Representative games of any sort - even women's rugby - played in Northern Ireland for the last / subsequent 121 matches up to the end of this season.
Jack me lad, well now you have the names write to them and ask, and if you get a reply sure let us know
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote: What makes you think that a Committee selects the Irish team or influences Schmidt's selection?
It has been that way up until now, but it is supposedly changing.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I doubt it very much in my opinion the committee review results and obtain reasons for selections and how the players selected were intended to play within a defined game plan.

This is not the same as team selection at this time there are only in my view two players who would be considered committee protected the rest of the team sheet is a blank page
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:I doubt it very much in my opinion the committee review results and obtain reasons for selections and how the players selected were intended to play within a defined game plan.

This is not the same as team selection at this time there are only in my view two players who would be considered committee protected the rest of the team sheet is a blank page
There should be NO committee protected players, in fact the committee should have no say at all in how team or tactics are decided by coaching staff and I include team manager as part of committee and not coaching staff.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best